News Rugby league eye test.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Everyone knows he gets bumped off. As you see above but everyone accepts it as he does a million good things
So it's not an issue then? Doesn't matter that teams run at him and consistently build momentum?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So it's not an issue then? Doesn't matter that teams run at him and consistently build momentum?
Every player has deficiencies in their game. Latrell Mitchell is a lazy ****, trbojevic can’t defend low kicks, JMK can’t direct a team. You said no one wants to talk about it yet everyone above acknowledges he gets bumped off more than average and it’s a weakness in his game, but we choose to focus on the million other positives like his distribution and the times where he actually drops ***** on their ass. It’s not ignored or avoided, we just aren’t sad ***** that focus our conversations around his weaknesses

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh and there’s more than one reason why we get munched through the middle. some sloppy big ***** in the time, undersized and low experience props might have something to do with it To’o

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve noticed it too, but there are far many pros than cons with him at hooker. Fuck man, you do nit pick. Like my fucking wife! Lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Every player has deficiencies in their game. Latrell Mitchell is a lazy ****, trbojevic can’t defend low kicks, JMK can’t direct a team. You said no one wants to talk about it yet everyone above acknowledges he gets bumped off more than average and it’s a weakness in his game, but we choose to focus on the million other positives like his distribution and the times where he actually drops ***** on their ass. It’s not ignored or avoided, we just aren’t sad ***** that focus our conversations around his weaknesses
JMK has been better than him this season.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Our fans don't want to talk about it but Mahoney being bounced around like a pinball in defence is kind of a big deal.
Been saying it for years to my mate who's an Eels supporter that Mahoney isn't an 80 minute player. He should be playing a max of 60 minutes a game.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
that’s on the coaches and on Mahoney. They always said Lockyer had Carroll as a body guard. We need a tougher pack or a Mahoney bodyguard. the coaches and staff need to get us one.

It’s also on Mahoney. Yeh he probably also needs to improve his tackling technique but it’s also knowing your weakness. Do not fucking engage the defender without your Carroll there.

I didn’t watch much league last year or over the last 2 years but was Mahoney always like this? Don’t recall him being bumped around like a ping pong ball.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck me, only one bloke in here supported JMK when he was here before Mahoney had come! Fuck you mothefuckere love to pick and choose what suits your agenda. At least @ Flanagun stuck to what he believed

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reed's made the 4th most tackles in the entire NRL this season. He has a better Tackle Efficiency than Koroisau (who, in case anyone missed it, is starting for NSW this week). For that stat, he's only 1.09% behind Cook and 2.5% behind Grant. He averages over 5 tackles a game more than our next highest player, 7 more than our 3rd highest and the rest of the team drops off dramatically from there.

What you're seeing when Reed gets bumped around is him literally putting his ass on the line when he's long since run out of steam because he's carrying a candy-ass forward pack who consistently get rolled.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
that’s on the coaches and on Mahoney. They always said Lockyer had Carroll as a body guard. We need a tougher pack or a Mahoney bodyguard. the coaches and staff need to get us one.

It’s also on Mahoney. Yeh he probably also needs to improve his tackling technique but it’s also knowing your weakness. Do not fucking engage the defender without your Carroll there.

I didn’t watch much league last year or over the last 2 years but was Mahoney always like this? Don’t recall him being bumped around like a ping pong ball.
I agree Mahoney is being isolated in defence too often and that's a team issue but at the end of the day he's a hooker and hookers are going to be targeted regardless of what you do. It was an issue at Parra during the backend of his stint after his shoulder surgery.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's an asset to our attack. If he doesn't complete every tackle it's not the end of the world as long as he slows their momentum to some extent. You can work around a defender that isn't supreme, halves have traditionally been notoriously average defenders for years in league. It's a trade off if they can drastically improve the attack.

This is where statistics articles piss me off. Statistics aren't at all forgiving and they only tell a portion of the story.