News Rugby convert explodes as solution to Dogs’ injury crisis emerges: Reserves Wrap

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t get the hate for avo. He’s a solid player at this stage of his career.

Perham is crap. Reason he has never played consistently in FG. He’s not actually good at anything.
Perham constantly overplays his hand and plays me first footy. Might work of he had speed or power in bunches. But he is average in both. Lucky he is just a stop gap. I’d say Ava picked up the injury in the offseason and that’s why perham got the nod. Ava at centre wouldn’t have as much to do and of it worked he would fill a hole in the team. I’m seeing Ava as a good backup player now. Or the next tigers recruit.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the post-Parra presser Ciraldo was asked about Skelton potentially coming in the first grade to cover injuries, and Ciraldo's reply mentioned a few other candidates, by he avoided Skelton all together. Must be something gong on behind the scenes.
No need to invite extra attention to Skelton. He's definitely in the picture and might come in as a back or utility, but his future is as a backrower with lots of utility value.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If you were the opposition who would you not want to defend against - Flanagan, Reynolds Perham or Skelton, Wilson Oloapu - three that you are aware of offer no threat the other three you would at least be guessing.

Round 14 - on assumption Averillo Kiraz JAC are fit

Averillo Wilson Alamoti Kiraz Jac Burton Oloapu/or Rajab /or Hayward - bench to include Skelton and bench not to include Okunbor and Reynolds

I havent seen enough of the Reggies games to know if Wilson n Skelton are defending well enough - but they can attack!
Skelton hasn’t miss many tackles at all in n cup. Not sure what the issue is. Maybe worried about defensive reads in NRL?

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can’t even watch because that flog blocked me for no reason
What bothered me about that clip of Skelton was there were zero dogs players backing him up. Even KO had a bit of a jog and was probably thinking he can go it alone. Maybe KO was gassed? Anyway they scored next play but not a great look

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Is Skelton in the top 30? I'm guessing so, else can he even be named?

That said, it would explain why he's not getting played.

Pissed myself laughing when Lumelume tripped over his own feet. Skelton stops and Lumelume goes straight over himself :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
  • Josh Addo-Carr
  • Paul Alamoti
  • Jake Averillo
  • Braidon Burns
  • Matt Burton
  • Declan Casey
  • Brandon Clarke
  • Andrew Davey
  • Raymond Faitala-Mariner
  • Kyle Flanagan
  • Reece Hoffman
  • Samuel Hughes
  • Viliame Kikau
  • Max King
  • Jacob Kiraz
  • Reed Mahoney
  • Jayden Okunbor
  • Karl Oloapu
  • Tevita Pangai Junior
  • Chris Patolo
  • Franklin Pele
  • Hayze Perham
  • Jacob Preston
  • Josh Reynolds
  • Jeral Skelton
  • Ryan Sutton
  • Luke Thompson
  • Jackson Topine
  • Corey Waddell
1 spot available, maybe 2 with Clarke going/gone

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Surely ciraldo knows we are no threat with flano at 7??????
Bullet needs to be bitten eaither
Olapau or Reynolds to 7
Can’t see us scoring any points regardless of backline changes .
Our 1 and 7 have us in quicksand.
Yes agree. Frankly see little value in Reynolds. Flanagan’s had a good go. In with KO. However unfortunately I doubt CC will drop Flanno for KO. So at least KO off the bench please. Skelton is a must in the backline.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Skelton is a must this wk, we need his metres out of trouble, and I have a feeling we'll find ourselves in a lot of trouble this wk. He might struggle a little with defensive reads, but so do all the other options. At least he offers some size, strength and a little X factor. Unleash Skelton, hopefully he kills it and Kiraz can come back into the team at Centre.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Must remember we had centre by the name of Brenko Lee who couldnt defend to save his life.
Now with a decent coach in Bennett he has thrived under him.
Also he is a union convert. Give him time and he could be like an Olam in the centres or a cannonball on the wing
Lee’s defence is still shit.

Always a Bulldog

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Interesting to see that both Skelton and Oloapu hove not been named anywhere on the NSW cup team sheet. Oloapu has been named on the FG extended list a number of times, but has always been named in reserves as well. Surely they both debut?!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Blood him into first grade Cc, it’s time .. and that time is now !!!

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ffs we have all these injuries and cc selects Burns on the wing rather than bring in skelton into the squad....its not like he hasnt been killing it in nsw cup