Fox Sports RTS to return to the NRL in 2023.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
mate he is 29? he wont need any time to transition back to fullback
It's not for next year though is it? 2024? Two years of getting smashed playing a shit sport.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
RTS was great in 2013 and 2015... in a Roosters team that was over the salary cap. He then went to the Warriors and look how great he was. He helped the Warriors miss out on the finals 3/4 times.
He won the Dally M player of year from the Wahs bro

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard from my roosters mate a few weeks ago that this could be on the cards... I don't see how Roosters could afford him unless he takes massive unders and he is happy to play wing/centre.
I realise it won't happen but check this out -
Teddy
Tupou
Sui'ail'i
Manu
RTS

That's a backline to give you wet dreams. :grinning:

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I realise it won't happen but check this out -
Teddy
Tupou
Sui'ail'i
Manu
RTS

That's a backline to give you wet dreams. :grinning:
You would have four fullbacks that would probably be the best fullback option at 11-12 other clubs. Just give us one of the four!

Also, I’ve never known a rooster supporter to suggest a potential signing won’t happen.
Surely you jest…

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
You would have four fullbacks that would probably be the best fullback option at 11-12 other clubs. Just give us one of the four!

Also, I’ve never known a rooster supporter to suggest a potential signing won’t happen.
Surely you jest…
Yet still lose

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read the RTS headline and then the article. Couldn’t believe it was the Roosters. Massive surprise…… NOT!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s probably a BS rumour but how good are the roosters. Honestly could sign any player at any time.. Manu to 5/8 Suali’i and RTS in the centres.:tearsofjoy:
The Rorters have a sombrero for a cap, that's how good they are :rage:
Let's all swamp the club with sign RTS messages then hope for the best :laughing:

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Lindsay Collins: $550k
2. Luke Keary: $850k
3. Joseph Manu: $700k
4. Victor Radley: $500k
5. Brandon Smith: $800k
6. James Tedesco: $1.1M
7. Daniel Tupou: $400k
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves: $700k
9. Angus Crichton: $700k
10. Renouf Atoni
11. Fletcher Baker
12. Egan Butcher
13. Nat Butcher
14. Drew Hutchison
15. Paul Momirovski
16. Billy Smith
17. Sitili Tupouniua
18. Sam Walker
19. Connor Watson
20. Naufahu Whyte
21. Lani Graham-Taufa (off-contract)
22. Tuku Hau Tapuha (off-contract)
23. Ben Marschke (off-contract)
24. Matthew Lodge (off-contract)
25. Adam Keighran (off-contract)
26. Terrell May (off-contract)
27. Joseph Suaalii (off-contract)
28. Free Spot?
29. Free Spot?
30. Free Spot?

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's just hitting slow news time for the league media. So expect a heap of unsubstantiated rumour to start hitting the headlines. I mean Quade Cooper has reputedly been on the way to the NRL for the last 47 off seasons.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
RTS was the fittest player in the NRL before he realised the Warriors were chat and bailed on them.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole point of RTS going to Union was so that he could play in a world cup for the All Blacks. It doesn’t make sense for him to come back now when he has just earned his first caps for the All Blacks. I think this is a nothing story and we shouldn’t be getting our hopes up

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The whole point of RTS going to Union was so that he could play in a world cup for the All Blacks. It doesn’t make sense for him to come back now when he has just earned his first caps for the All Blacks. I think this is a nothing story and we shouldn’t be getting our hopes up
I heard one of the main reasons he moved codes was more the warriors being in Australia for an unknown time and he didn't want to continue doing that (during covid). His move from the roosters was also about being back in NZ.

Based on that I'm not sure how likely a move to us would be.

Would love to see us sign an actual fullback though for the first time in years, everyone since Patten has either been manufactured or moved from the wing pretty much.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard one of the main reasons he moved codes was more the warriors being in Australia for an unknown time and he didn't want to continue doing that (during covid). His move from the roosters was also about being back in NZ.

Would love to see us sign an actual fullback though for the first time in years, everyone since Patten has either been manufactured or moved from the wing pretty much.
None of that leans to him signing for us does it? What are your thoughts on any of the juniors coming through?

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ben Barba won the Dally M as a fullback, so it’s not always a bad thing manufacturing one. But I see your point, it’s been almost 10 years since we’ve had an effective fullback who can do more than just be a safe option

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
None of that leans to him signing for us does it? What are your thoughts on any of the juniors coming through?
I can't say I know enough about the lower grades mate but hope we have a decent fullback and halfback coming through. I hear things about Toia and Rajab but not sure how far away they are.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can't say I know enough about the lower grades mate but hope we have a decent fullback and halfback coming through. I hear things about Toia and Rajab but not sure how far away they are.
We have Joash Papalii who Gus signed and won Bulldogs SG Ball player of the year. He reminds me of a young RTS with his footwork and running style.

But obviously he's a long way off FG..

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We have Joash Papalii who Gus signed and won SG Ball player of the year. He reminds me of a young RTS with his footwork and running style.

But obviously he's a long way off FG..
he is very small also, along way off