SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wont be entering the open market.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tuivasa-Sheck re-signs with Warriors

New Zealand Warriors captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck has rejected overtures from rugby union and rival Telstra Premiership clubs to sign a contract extension that will keep him at the club until the end of the 2023 season.

Hours after Warriors coach Stephen Kearney said it was a matter of ''when'' and not ''if'' the Kiwi international confirmed that his future would be with the Auckland-based club, Tuivasa-Sheck and club CEO Cameron George delivered the news fans of the club had been waiting to hear.

Tuivasa-Sheck told the Warriors website he was now ready to join his teammates in lifting the team out of the hole they have found themselves in over recent years.

"Now that I have signed… I'm ready to go. I am all focused about getting my body right, getting the team right, getting my head in the right place for round one,'' he said.

After shooting to prominence when playing a leading role in the Sydney Roosters' premiership run in 2013, Tuivasa-Sheck played his first game with the Warriors in 2016.

With his future settled, the time for lifting the Warriors back into the NRL finals – a stage they haven't visited since 2011 – has arrived.

"It [re-signing] ticked all the boxes for me, I really had to sit down and work out my future,'' Tuivasa-Sheck said.

"It is a time in [my] life when I am happy with where I am, being in Auckland.

"The last couple of years it hasn't been going so well, I am fired up to see where we can take this club.

"Signing a four-year deal, I am all in, and excited to see where we can go.''

After having spent the early years of his career making sure he repaid his parents for what they had given him, Tuivasa-Sheck said he now wanted to set himself up for the future.

"When I was younger it was all about providing for my parents and giving back for what they've done for me. I feel that I've ticked that box,'' he said.

"Now it is the next step in life when it is me and my family ... we really enjoy being in Auckland and that is why we chose to stay.

"The other one [factor in re-signing] was the football side of things. It is a massive privilege to be named captain for an NRL team. I am really taking it upon me to step up and want to drive this place.

"The challenge is still there, that is what drives me to get up every morning, to come in and prove people wrong and take this club somewhere.''

New Zealand Warriors fullback Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.
New Zealand Warriors fullback Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. Scott Davis/NRL Photos
George said Tuivasa-Sheck's decision to re-sign marked a great day for the club.

"For us it demonstrates that together, as a club and our playing group, we are all trying to buy into what we are trying to achieve over the next couple of years,'' he said

"Roger is going to lead us forward, and will play a massive part in our future.

"He has the potential to be one of the best we have ever seen. Roger has the opportunity now to lead this club into uncharted waters and create the first premiership for us.''

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Bloody hell warriors haven’t been in the finals since 2011? That club is a basket case. With the talent they have to have not made the finals since then is a head scratcher!!

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bloody hell warriors haven’t been in the finals since 2011? That club is a basket case. With the talent they have to have not made the finals since then is a head scratcher!!
think the main things are forwards have been a bit to young and horrible defence

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
think the main things are forwards have been a bit to young and horrible defence
Nope, it's they are lazy once they get paid. Shaun Johnson is the biggest waste of talent I've ever seen. He could've been better than Thurston if he really wanted it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This is the career equivalent of popping it back into neutral and coasting forever.

Good on you RTS.. how dare you have to work for your money.

Warriors are dead set the most lazy club out there, that's why they can't do any good. They need a no nonsense, no bullshit coach who isn't afraid to drop or cancel contracts to those who don't perform.

Instead they go through the same riffraff over and over and over again.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nuts they must be throwing him enormous coin

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dumbest c*** flushed his career down the dunny...

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Hasn't done anything since to rorters, overrated now imo.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Once they taste retirement with the warriors, their careers are finished. Coast along playing 'no pressure' footy counting their cash. It's the hotel california for footy.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good for him. He wasn’t moving to another nrl club to take less money that would be crazy.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As good as he can be at times, I'm still glad we didn't splash out huge money on him. I really want to see us get back to our old tradition of picking up good talent before they become household names. buying in stars is the easy option, but it's not really the best way to keep a strong stable roster together.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To be fair RTS in average team plays his guts out but unfortunately the players around him are coasting

Rumour I heard was that he asked the All Blacks for guarantee that he would make the 2019 WC squad

The All Blacks didn’t or couldn’t guarantee because they have a history and culture of success which makes them one if not the most successful sporting team in history (in short who the fk is RTS)

RTS obviously forgot who he was dealing with

Like the song from TLC

‘Don’t go chasing waterfalls, stick to the rivers and the lakes that you’re used to’

Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.