Roy's Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
A woeful year of injuries for premiers the Bulldogs got worse yesterday when it was confirmed in-form prop Roy Asotasi had suffered a serious hand injury.

And promising centre Cameron Phelps picked up a hamstring problem during Saturday night's dismal 33-6 loss to Melbourne at Sydney Showground.

Club doctor Hugh Hazard said Asotasi was likely to have surgery on a bad dislocation this week. There was no immediate indication how long he would be out.

Jimmy_Ecstasy™

Gold Coast Fan since 88'
Reaction score
HUGE blow to the finals charge of the Canterbury teams IF Asotasi is out for an extended period. IMO he and O'Meley played the key role for you guys down the stretch as Price and O'Meley did in 2004.

Cameron Phelps was impressive, especially in the first half. A more than capable replacement for Willie Tonga this season.

The injury curse at your club is only bettered by the Newcastle Knights.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thats bad news if I ever heard it,we have to remain positive,when O`Meley was out Roy had to do a lot of hard yards now it looks like we have to look to big Mark to do the duties with Charlie as back up,its been a tough year.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
At least we have Shrek back. Hopefully we will get Mason back in the next couple of weeks.

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
O'Meley looked very impressive on saturday night...

unfortunate that we didnt kick some storm @$$

it will be a great effort for the boys to make the GEE F considering the injury's we have had... BUT lets not use that as a excuse if we dont make it... we aint like other supporters :grinning:

D

DoggFather

No Asotasi.....................

Hate to say it but it just got even harder to make the 8.

Dog-E

Purebreed
Reaction score
Mason could be back in a fortnight....Likely 3 weeks - 4 at most.

Pre 5:30 on Saturday - this prospect filled me with JOY!!!...But now - nothing....with Asotasi dropping - we need him NOW!!!
: (

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
It was a dislocated pinky finger, it has been put back in, i really dont think he should miss any games due to a pinky injury!

D

DoggFather

He is going to have surgery on it. So Im sure he will miss 1-2 weeks at least.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
*BootS* said:
It was a dislocated pinky finger, it has been put back in, i really dont think he should miss any games due to a pinky injury!
Same,
but i read on www.dogleague.com that they didnt put his finger properly back in place.

F

fatal1

its more seriosu than a pinky...

when they say he's out for an indefinite period of time, generally its more than 3-4 weeks..

not looking good :(

The Bandit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roy is a tough character, hopefully he will be back sooner rather than later

D

DoggFather

There goes 4 cylinders, now we only are running on 4 cylinders (O'Meley), maybe if we dump a turbo (Mason) we might win games until we dump our NOS (SBW).

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
LMAO at engine references.

A

atomic_crimson

TANK MASON said:
No Asotasi.....................

Hate to say it but it just got even harder to make the 8.
i said that sat nite :(

Status
Not open for further replies.