Routine for a dreary Saturday afternoon when the Dogs play on a Sunday

B-Town Lad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Interested to hear what others doggies fans get up to in these situations?

for me, the bbq gets a good workout. Lunch and dinner. Usually steaks and snags. Put the mrs to work to prepare a salad and potato bake to complement

after picking up the kids from junior sport we arm them with an iPad and powerbank each from about midday onwards so we barely hear a peep out of them until Sunday morning.

For recreation? I’ll get through the afternoon with the horse racing and nrl on the tv whilst keeping an eye on the SuperCoach points (nrl and afl). Depending on profit/loss for the day I may roll further investments into the Trots and dish lickers. The Mrs and I will also make inroads into a carton of piss.We often change it up. Slab Of Tooheys Old today. Very underrated drop

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice...
Interested to hear what others doggies fans get up to in these situations?

for me, the bbq gets a good workout. Lunch and dinner. Usually steaks and snags. Put the mrs to work to prepare a salad and potato bake to complement

after picking up the kids from junior sport we arm them with an iPad and powerbank each from about midday onwards so we barely hear a peep out of them until Sunday morning.

For recreation? I’ll get through the afternoon with the horse racing and nrl on the tv whilst keeping an eye on the SuperCoach points (nrl and afl). Depending on profit/loss for the day I may roll further investments into the Trots and dish lickers. The Mrs and I will also make inroads into a carton of piss.We often change it up. Slab Of Tooheys Old today. Very underrated drop
My Saturday usually starts of with breakfast and NO Lunch. Always tinkering around the house doing the odd job eg Lawns, paving, painting etc. Always looking for an excuse to go to bunnings. Point of having no lunch is to build up a nice appetite for a COMPULSORY Late Afternoon BBQ and a drink or 10 with the Mrs with some nice Tunes on Spotify blaring out of the Speakers This is most Saturdays. You bust your arse all week, you deserve an outlet.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nice...My Saturday usually starts of with breakfast and NO Lunch. Always tinkering around the house doing the odd job eg Lawns, paving, painting etc. Always looking for an excuse to go to bunnings. Point of having no lunch is to build up a nice appetite for a COMPULSORY Late Afternoon BBQ and a drink or 10 with the Mrs with some nice Tunes on Spotify blaring out of the Speakers This is most Saturdays. You bust your arse all week, you deserve an outlet.
I bust a nut all week...

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Always the same routine. Son’s footy game mid morning. Then beat my coach like it owes me money for the rest of the day…with a beer.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Come home from Jnr footy, whinge to the misses about how 3/4 of my team don't want to play and are forced by their parents and are wasting my time. Then try to calm down my boy after he gets the shits carrying 10 out of 13 boys every fkn week.

Then go to Coles and get a Nintendo Switch card for each try my boy gets (usually 2 or 3).

Decide what to drink while watching 3 games.

If it's a good night I fall asleep and a bad night is taking the misses out lol

BUT

I coach 3rd div and train 2nd div, my boy plays both games. I have 1 reg season game left and 1 finals game then I'm retiring from coaching 3rds (45-7 record ;) but sadly I don't think I'll finish with back to back titles).

2nd div looks like we will go back to back.

My boy will stop carrying 3rds and stick with either 1st or 2nd div so I can finally sit in the stands and just be a proud dad.

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Always stuff to do around the house and/or errands to run.

I'm usually relaxing right about now and getting ready for whatever the evening holds.

Tonight we're going to a party.

It feels weird saying that... I haven't been to a normal house party in about 3 fucking years.

Last edited:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don't know....

All my Murikan sporting teams are in my favourite state, Texas especially The Cowboys and Spurs.
Thoughts on DJ Murray being traded?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Always stuff to do around the house and/or errands to run.

I'm usually relaxing right about not and getting ready for whatever the evening holds.

Tonight we're going to a party.

It feels weird saying that... I haven't been to a normal house party in about 3 fucking years.
You're too old for house parties

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come home from Jnr footy, whinge to the misses about how 3/4 of my team don't want to play and are forced by their parents and are wasting my time. Then try to calm down my boy after he gets the shits carrying 10 out of 13 boys every fkn week.

Then go to Coles and get a Nintendo Switch card for each try my boy gets (usually 2 or 3).

Decide what to drink while watching 3 games.

If it's a good night I fall asleep and a bad night is taking the misses out lol

BUT

I coach 3rd div and train 2nd div, my boy plays both games. I have 1 reg season game left and 1 finals game then I'm retiring from coaching (45-7 record ;)). My boy will stop carrying 3rds and stick with either 1st or 2nd div so I can finally sit in the stands and just be a proud dad.
That's a record you can retire 9n proudly mate!