Round one v Cowboys (away)

gregeastwood

Waterboy
Reaction score
Apparently now it’s been leaked that we’re versing Melbourne at AAMI Park in round 4.

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
I thought we played Parra in Sydney? Aka SBW debut
He said the last time we started the season in Townsville, we won the comp. (1995)

I believe you’re reading it as the last time we won the comp, we started in Townsville.

Two different meanings.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He said the last time we started the season in Townsville, we won the comp. (1995)

I believe you’re reading it as the last time we won the comp, we started in Townsville.

Two different meanings.
yes correct, i missed that also

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another embarassing backtrack from another social media page.

gregeastwood

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hopefully after Cowboys we don’t get fucked with teams that finished in the top 6 like this year (even though we are scheduled to already be versing Melbourne in round 4). honestly looking forward to the draw tomorrow though. Even though a last placed finish doesn’t bring much Thursday or Friday or late night Saturdays, hopefully they be realistic and know that people would want to watch our team next year with the amount of stars we have. Oh and those gronks in Brisbane better not get Thursday and Friday nights for the first 6 rounds.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FOX SET FOR STORM SHOWDOWN

Josh Addo-Carr spent years at the Melbourne Storm, helping the club forge a dynasty before departing in the off-season to become Canterbury’s marquee signing.

Only four weeks into the new season, he will get the chance to go up against his former teammates as Addo-Carr and the Bulldogs fly to Melbourne in round four to face the Storm.

It will be an emotional homecoming for Addo-Carr, who spent five seasons at in Melbourne before making his big money switch to Canterbury.

“It’ll be weird,” Addo-Carr said.

“I made my debut against them. They are my good mates. They will want to smash me, it’s just the way boys are.”

Bizarrely though, Addo-Carr is more concerned about where and when the Bulldogs will play the Raiders.

“The game I’ll be looking at is the Canberra game in Canberra in the middle of winter,” Addo-Carr said.

“I hate playing there when it’s cold.”

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will obviously be the first test of the new team, a game we are expected to win. I will not be too concerned if we don't rack up a big score, but what I want to see is strong runs from our middles, good defensive decisions on our edges and smart 5th tackle options. I would also like to see quick service from DH but that will depend on who we have at 9.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. We've bought well. A baptism of fire.
I concur. Might as well start off with the best and see where we are at. If we win, we build confidence for going forward. I like it.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its not like Sydney is cool during the summer. I was talking to a NRL trainer a while ago and he said the real killer is going there in winter when there’s a much larger difference in the temp and humidity.
Mate, early March, inside a Stadium in NQ will be draining, but it is a 6:30 game so won't be as bad as 2pm. I'll throw water on the boys as they run past to cool them down. Can't wait to have them back in the Ville. 8-)

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy to win that first game by 1 point, it's been years since we won a round 1 game and for some reason it feels like lately we are always losing to the cowgirls

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully we don't get punished by the draw early in the season, like this year. Cowboys aren't a bad first round opponent