Round nine discussion non bulldogs games

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I appreciate I've had a few beers today... but did I really just see Tony Williams score a try?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Video Refs have no common sense....Quite obvious that Gallen faked that.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wrestleathon Sharks have injured Woods hamstring out for the night

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reynolds does his hammy, woods does his hammy. Geez. Looks like karma at work :p haha. Jokes.

Funny how both went down :p hopefully both are back on field quickly.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Woods and tedesco not returning this half, not looking good for the tigers

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good performance from the tigpies. With the player additions and new coach will be a good side next year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I appreciate I've had a few beers today... but did I really just see Tony Williams score a try?
He even managed a line break assist ontop of his try haha.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Please Warriors win today

Good multi return beckons

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I doubt that a change of ref's boss would do anything as Archer is enabled by Todd Geenberg doing nothing. But it would be nice if the ref's boss held the refs accountable. It seems stupid to me that sometimes refs are dropped after a bad game and sometimes they aren't. Just another example of no consistency. It is not just Bulldog's fans that complain about the late square up in penalties after a game has gone either. Whatever Archer is doing with his refs isn't working so it or he needs to change.
Well, we all know accountability is a term that the NRL applies to all, other than their precious officials of course. Inconsistency right across the board with nary a consequence for it when a referee or his assistant or the bunker make an error.

Last night we saw some more disgraceful decisions by the on field officials which could have been corrected with the intervention of the bunker, but alas that is no longer possible as they can only intervene in the case of foul play where a charge may be levelled at the offender.

The disgraceful error by Kasey Badger in ruling a knock on by us with the short restart form a drop out ,meant a possible scoot up field by Reynolds was negated and a scrum possession given to the Raiders ten out from our line. A couple a strip decisions incorrectly given as well. I noted quite a few obstruction ( okay, maybe an old shepherd type situation) where Croker and his cronies drifted across field running behind their own players loitering in front of them obscuring the view of our defenders. Plenty of lying in the ruck and on one occasion, it drew, instead of a penalty where Lee had to move around a Canberra defender ( Croker I think) to play the ball a whistle up and an instruction to go back and play the ball on the mark. This would have been done initially if the Raiders player had been playing to the rules. Don't get me started on the try to Hodgson when our defenders ( who were offside) were called out by the referee from making a tackle under the knowledge that they would be sin binned if they tried to stop him. Where was that on the multitude of occasions that the Raiders were offside and made contact with our players before they had had the opportunity to do anything? ?

At least that ridiculous call for a penalty try was overturned by the bunker when the replay clearly showed that no contact was made with the Raiders player until he had touched the ball.

However Soliala was given immense latitude in defence by both referees. Two or three meter start each time and a few tackles effected by him from a situation of offside or not standing square at marker. He was not lacking mates in it either as once again we were held back a good ten whilst a number of Raiders players were well in front of the official who sometimes held more of a skinny eight or less for them.

That is only our game........we could talk about incidents in other games this and past weeks as well. Last night we lost the penalties 6-4 but the time and position of those penalties once again left me scratching my head as to why sometimes one side is penalised and another let go for exactly the same offence.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Just watched the Warriors v Roosters game..
Warriors forwards are crap, they might be intetested in Eastwood.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haha roosters lost this weekend just gets better and better. A st George thrashing will top it off

Status
Not open for further replies.