Official Round 9 NSW Cup

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I can see why people rate BBO but some stuff he does in cup you wont get away with easily in first grade. His try assists and overall play was great but Tyrell Sloan was just caught out in defense continuously and it made it very easy pickings for tries. You wont get this in first grade as the stack of fullback talent currently is the best its been for a while. I can see why Sloan has been in Cup as his defense is terrible. Also his decisions in kicks is pretty dumb sometimes but he is a work in progress and i do see the potential in him. Our halves in ZDC, Wakeham and BBO made us have the win today along from the back of our defense. Patolo’s fitness is a huge issue but Dan Ferris wouldn’t help that at all. Good win, some positives and some things to work on.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Kiraz went well bringing the ball back off our line. Some determined runs made an impact.

Reactions: ATT

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Who the hell bought Cook?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Funny how pepple keep pushing for cook to replace JMK, and he cant even start in CCup.
Because so many of our fans just remember the latest performance in first grade and just assume the bloke in reserves will do better. It's why so many want to see constant droppings and recycling of players

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates guys.. Good to hear BBO had a good game as well as Toia, Docker-Clay etc..

Half of the Reserve Grade lineup looks better than our First Grade lineup. Hopefully we see lots of these guys get more opportunities after Round 11..

How did Kiraz play?

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates guys.. Good to hear BBO had a good game as well as Toia, Docker-Clay etc..

Half of the Reserve Grade lineup looks better than our First Grade lineup. Hopefully we see lots of these guys get more opportunities after Round 11..

How did Kiraz play?
He played ok. Got dominated a fair bit by standing too upwards in tackles but nothing awful.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The forwards seem to be a bit smarter than first grade as well. Can work their way to better positions, offload and back up each other and can run into slow defenders for penalties and/or extra ground. Look like they know their jobs and do it. Topine and Morrin went well. A good team effort really.

Ref went well.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The forwards seem to be a bit smarter than first grade as well. Can work their way to better positions, offload and back up each other and can run into slow defenders for penalties and/or extra ground. Look like they know their jobs and do it. Topine and Morrin went well. A good team effort really.

Ref went well.
Ref was sucking up to us to be fair :tearsofjoy:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He played ok. Got dominated a fair bit by standing too upwards in tackles but nothing awful.
Kiraz looked a lot more dominant in first grade than he has in the two games I've seen him in reserves. Will be interesting to see how he goes when he next gets an opportunity

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I've also seen people mention Toia as RTS like, not sure I agree, looks more like an Edwards clone with soft hands.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Kiraz looked a lot more dominant in first grade than he has in the two games I've seen him in reserves. Will be interesting to see how he goes when he next gets an opportunity
That's fair. His fg debut was a cracker.

His best work was his return carries. I think commentator said they changed sides? Maybe that didn't suit him but def not as dominant today.

Reactions: ATT

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That's fair. His fg debut was a cracker.

His best work was his return carries. I think commentator said they changed sides? Maybe that didn't suit him but def not as dominant today.
He only switched over to the left in the last 20. He wasn't bad and still had strong carries with some good offloads but wasn't wow like in first grade where he looked like breaking the line almost every carry.

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I found watching that game cleansed my soul after that Friday night garbage in Canberra....It gave me hope....I have found inner peace...

Now all my fellow sad and pathetic Bulldog supporters hold hands and sing!......"kumba-yaaaa my Lord....kumba-yaaaaaaa"!