Official Round 9 NSW Cup

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe, though most disagree with me, he should be playing as a 13, or at least be developed into a 13.
I don't necessarily disagree with you ... i see where you are coming from. He certainly has a game and build to handle that position.

Just want to see a lot more of him in the centres, as we have such a dearth of talent in that position right throughout the club.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't necessarily disagree with you ... i see where you are coming from. He certainly has a game and build to handle that position.

Just want to see a lot more of him in the centres, as we have such a dearth of talent in that position right throughout the club.
For a number of years the doggies junior rep sides seemed to have second rowers playing centre. Goes back to the Hasler cleal years. Eli Clarke is one of the few genuine centres to have come through. Regardless of position Alamoti and kiraz need game time. Hopefully in first grade sooner rather than later.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was good but he's way too erratic to play halfback at this stage, runs himself and others out of space often and really needs more time in reserves to develop some control. Wakeham played the more steady hand anyway while our halves setup in reserves is different to what we run with in first grade and im really not sure why.
Agree about BBO.

looking for the big play way too often.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Looking at our possible roster for 2023, we have planty of good forwards, TPJ, Kikau, Thompson, King Hetherington, possibly Vaughn (I'd re-sign him), hopefully " Patalo, Durie, RFM, but as for Waddle and JJ m,m,m.
However in the backs apart from Burton and JAC, and perhaps Schoup, we have little to cheer about, unless Alamoti, Kiraz, and Toya step up, also we badly need a No.7 and just hope and pray that Reed dosen't get hurt

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I believe, though most disagree with me, he should be playing as a 13, or at least be developed into a 13.
Let him develop as a centre that is his position at the moment

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know much about Bailey the halfback, Junior club etc. Can he progress into our long term half? Don’t even know he’s age

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Anyone know much about Bailey the halfback, Junior club etc. Can he progress into our long term half? Don’t even know he’s age
we got him off the roosters and he can still play flegg so is 19. Not sure off too much more

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No NSW Cup for us this weekend :sob: Now i have to watch the reserve grade game on Friday.