Official Round 9 NSW Cup

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thought BBO was outstanding at halfback too. Much better option than Flanagan for mine, and weirdly the only one that hasn't been given a shot with Burton this year.
I wouldn't be upset with BBO at 7. And if they are going keep playing him at 14, he needs to be playing more minutes

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
ZDC ,Cook and BBO would have to be putting some pressure on JMK by now surely
Cook is absolutely awful, no chance. ZDC much better than him and hopefully gets a chance, been around a while so it would be nice to see him finally get an opportunity.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cook is absolutely awful, no chance. ZDC much better than him and hopefully gets a chance, been around a while so it would be nice to see him finally get an opportunity.
JMK is absolutely awful too and should be no chance. ZDC looks to be the 1 most likely now doesn't he

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thought BBO was outstanding at halfback too. Much better option than Flanagan for mine, and weirdly the only one that hasn't been given a shot with Burton this year.
He was good but he's way too erratic to play halfback at this stage, runs himself and others out of space often and really needs more time in reserves to develop some control. Wakeham played the more steady hand anyway while our halves setup in reserves is different to what we run with in first grade and im really not sure why.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
JMK is absolutely awful too and should be no chance. ZDC looks to be the 1 most likely now doesn't he
Cook is still worse, much worse. He can pass left to right better but that's it. ZDC deserves an opportunity and we have nothing to lose in giving him one.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cook is still worse, much worse. He can pass left to right better but that's it. ZDC deserves an opportunity and we have nothing to lose in giving him one.
I'm not sure its possible to be much worse than JMK. I do agree though,Cook has looked disappointing based on the little ive seen of him.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was good but he's way too erratic to play halfback at this stage, runs himself and others out of space often and really needs more time in reserves to develop some control. Wakeham played the more steady hand anyway while our halves setup in reserves is different to what we run with in first grade and im really not sure why.
BBO at 14 and ZDC at 9 would add some spark to our lack lustre attack Imo

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
BBO at 14 and ZDC at 9 would add some spark to our lack lustre attack Imo
I think we should just leave BBO in reserve grade for the time being and let him develop so he becomes an option moving forward, only promote him if things change in regards to the setup in first grade. Same applies for other players, they will probably get a taste but I expect Gus to pull them back after a few games so they can continue to develop rather than regress like we've seen in the past.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we should just leave BBO in reserve grade for the time being and let him develop so he becomes an option moving forward, only promote him if things change in regards to the setup in first grade. Same applies for other players, they will probably get a taste but I expect Gus to pull them back after a few games so they can continue to develop rather than regress like we've seen in the past.
If we have conceded this year is a right off , then i agree with you. But if we want a shot at the 8 this year, then we need something to put a jolt in to our attack asap. Round 11 will see some new faces in the 17

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought Josh Stuckey was pretty good. AT one point he had 4 quality offloads in as many runs. Scored a try after powering on to a short ball from close range. He scored this exact try many times in his highlights package on youtube. I think he will see first grade at some point this season. Also sporting a new mohawk hairstyle which makes him look a lot meaner.

Retchford is raw as shit and carrying a few kegs but he has a powerful run. On one instance i noticed a St George player looking a bit dodgy about taking him head on. Think he might be pretty tough.
Iv seen two of the three games Retchford has played - plays with determination and a good off the ball work ethic - still getting fit by the looks of him - is on development contract.

Stuckey has been solid all games - prefer him as a middle - not mobile n agile enough for backrow.

Kiraz Alamoti look like first grade players in waiting playing reserve grade - just get them to defend with more intent n focus.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't be upset with BBO at 7. And if they are going keep playing him at 14, he needs to be playing more minutes
This year is done and well and truly dusted, bloody well let BBO finish this season in the CC and get a bloody good half's coach to mentor him for thw remainder of the year.
GUS OR GODS SKE GET IT DONE.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Iv seen two of the three games Retchford has played - plays with determination and a good off the ball work ethic - still getting fit by the looks of him - is on development contract.

Stuckey has been solid all games - prefer him as a middle - not mobile n agile enough for backrow.

Kiraz Alamoti look like first grade players in waiting playing reserve grade - just get them to defend with more intent n focus.
Agree ,Stuckey is a middle for sure.

Retchford looks like he has something about him.

Hope Alamoti gets 6/8 games in reserves before promoting him.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No NSW cup this week but flegg have a game, Alamoti might get another run there. Can still work on the in game defence.
Yeah there was one glaring miss where i thought he looked a bit awkward in attempting the tackle on the left hand side.

Have you seen him play on the left before as i have only seen him on the right. ?

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah there was one glaring miss where i thought he looked a bit awkward in attempting the tackle on the left hand side.

Have you seen him play on the left before as i have only seen him on the right. ?
Take that back as he played left centre in the trial against Newcastle.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Take that back as he played left centre in the trial against Newcastle.
Seen him on both sides. In his only flegg game he he played left wing.