Official Round 9 - Dogs vs Knights - Consolidated Match Thread

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We were pathetic in the first half but we're earnt the right to fight for that game in the second half
That is pretty much what I reckon too.. we played better and actually made Newcastle work a bit in the second half but our finishing cost us and crucial errors at the wrong time...

Reactions: GDR

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not gonn lie , it is incredibly frustrating because this shit happens to our team that much .. it’s not even a joke it literally is always us getting bad calls and no one up in head office gives a fuck, but as soon as the darlings get a bad call it’s bend over backwards, by the way we were just so undiciplined today, it’s a dead set joke.im really frustrated I can’t even explain it but this team is really starting to annoy me, I’m loving cogger , Meaney and smith but this re building phase is hard to stomach . I hate the knights especially Nathan brown the fuck wit

brucey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I bagged Montoya before game but he’s probably the best option at centre.. Sue, Foran and Ogden played well. Martin, CHN in for Smith and Fualalo and I want Lewis in the team

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We were crap in the 1st half. Just rubbish. Forans try ref said newcastle offside played advantage no try penalty some advantage. Pearce knock on comon no try i had a few but my god i could see all that. Newcastle having an old mothers meeting in comentry a joke

Admittedly we did score soon after but if we had not,that decision would have been even more poor.

The game is odd in that the first infringement was a penalty against the Knights (which was not to our advantage) but then we were seen to have obstructed (which in the SECOND instance was not to their advantage) but only because the bloke was offside anyway and should not have been there we would not have infringed.... because the referee adjudicated that both sides were not allowed to play the advantage a try was disallowed????? So confusing

AND a knock on is allowed to go so Ponga can score????Where was our advantage there because it should have been given as a knock on and our ball instead we get NO advantage much like that in which our try was disallowed....

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogger’s plan to kick straight to Ponga every time was perfect for the commentators wankfest

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I was Pay, I would say, "that game was tight, fast and entertaining - but what a shame it was spoiled by two non-sensical decisions by the refs to deny us 6 and gift them 6. Without those 2 blatantly wrong decisions, we win that game, but the refs were not up to standards to ensure the right result was achieved - that's if you believe in the rules of the game!"
That is too good for Pay to say. He just mumbles generic crap in the press conferences.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not gonn lie , it is incredibly frustrating because this shit happens to our team that much .. it’s not even a joke it literally is always us getting bad calls and no one up in head office gives a fuck, but as soon as the darlings get a bad call it’s bend over backwards, by the way we were just so undiciplined today, it’s a dead set joke.im really frustrated I can’t even explain it but this team is really starting to annoy me, I’m loving cogger , Meaney and smith but this re building phase is hard to stomach . I hate the knights especially Nathan brown the fuck wit
This is my issue too. I am going to openly
Admit it. I have found myself losing interest in nrl. I still watch every dog game
And love the dogs but deadset the nrl is the most pathetically ran and poorly handled sporting event in the world.

Before my next Comment let Me Just say The dogs roster is utter shit, the staff is obviously not much chop either. I tipped the Knights and made Ponga captain in SuperCoach.

That said the scores 16-10. Pearce knocks it on as cold as you could fucking ask. There is 2 refs, touchies the bunker. That being missed isn’t realistic: it’s either they are corrupt or completely incompetent and need to be sacked the fucking lot of them for not being able to see something so obvious yet ref a top game?

Fairly treated we had a shot on their 30m line with a few mins to go. Do we win? Unlikely. Do we score? Most likely not. Though we never got a fair crack. Yet again. Happened with trash like this in the storm game too, they come out admit they got a costly error wrong and what happens? Nothing. I remember not only was that admitted vunivalu was suspended but no penalties where given for what he was charged for. It’s just consistently like this against the dogs.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still blaming Pay for the loss, if you can only get your team motivated for the last 20 minutes of a game then you shouldn't be coaching.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Admittedly we did score soon after but if we had not,that decision would have been even more poor.

The game is odd in that the first infringement was a penalty against the Knights (which was not to our advantage) but then we were seen to have obstructed (which in the SECOND instance was not to their advantage) but only because the bloke was offside anyway and should not have been there we would not have infringed.... because the referee adjudicated that both sides were not allowed to play the advantage a try was disallowed????? So confusing

AND a knock on is allowed to go so Ponga can score????Where was our advantage there because it should have been given as a knock on and our ball instead we get NO advantage much like that in which our try was disallowed....
Yep who knows with that knock on by pearce and we were given the ball they would not off scored and by some fluke we may have scored. Its rubbish we were poor but again that game was decided on the ref it happens to often

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How’s Napa going for you? You said he was a shit signing yeah?
Much better than expected, literally one of the only positives among a massive pile of shit. Derp Pay is still head of that shit, king of the fucking toilet.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm still blaming Pay for the loss, if you can only get your team motivated for the last 20 minutes of a game then you shouldn't be coaching.
That first half just made that game a write off we aren’t good enough with player talent and coach to claw back a 16 point lead.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we have the makings of a good forward pack.

Ogden
Napa
Jackson
Chn.

Need a creative hooker and another middle man. Then get Toomaga going and the furture looks good for the forwards.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
A “semi-retraction” from you? Fuck, have you been on the booze?
Not at all, people just completely overlook these comments from me and just jump down my throat and pick out a single comment that upsets them and everything else just gets lost in the thread.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gotta love the NRL rules regarding Forans no try. Barnett who rushed up was offside, so they play the advantage. Barnett then clips Elliott who gets to Foran who scores a try and they said that Barnett who was offside to begin with was impeded....who's advantage was it...ours or theirs? If Barnett was onside, he would have never got there in the first place and yet we get penalised. The NRL is the laughing stock of ANY sport on this planet.