Official Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Dragons Game Day Thread

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’ve pretty much relied on fox and Kiraz for points and skill, Skelton probably our best chance to add some excitement

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I declare a win for the dogs and humanity now that Flanagan has been exiled from the top squad

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does it mean that Daddy Shane will all of a sudden commentate our games.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to say, dragons played good footy today. But on the back of a five day turnaround, today would be a taxing game. There for the taking for mine.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
01. Jake Averillo
02. Jeral Skelton
03. Braidon Burns
04. Paul Alamoti
05. Hayze Perham
06. Josh Reynolds
07. Matt Burton
08. Max King
09. Reed Mahoney
10. Tevita Pangai Junior
11. Jackson Topine
12. Jacob Preston
13. Corey Waddell

14. Karl Oloapu
15. Andrew Davey
16. Ryan Sutton
17. Sam Hughes
Reynolds looooool

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to say, dragons played good footy today. But on the back of a five day turnaround, today would be a taxing game. There for the taking for mine.
I didn’t get to watch that game, did they score their points while Rorters were a man down ?

The bloke who got the hat-trick were they long range ?

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At least this has the potential to be a competitive match. Dragons are pretty light on for creativity, they just keep plucking away with a simple old-fashioned gameplan and sometimes it gets them across the line. Unfortunately, the game looks like being ruined by the weather - lots of rain and wind forecast for the Gong on Sunday and that ground is very exposed to the wind/weather, so will be interesting.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Remember saints nearly beat the roosters today.
Could you see us putting 26 on them!?

My head tells me saints go in as favourites here. But I think doggs is capable of they bring their A game

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will upset the dragons , we’re playing mostly 80 mins now and will be boosted with confidence and wouldn’t be surprised if we see pele or someone else back in team list today

707_2Belmore

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn’t get to watch that game, did they score their points while Rorters were a man down ?

The bloke who got the hat-trick were they long range ?
No. Scored points against 13. Moga’s triple wasn’t long range but they were set up with some good work from his inside.

If our edge defence isn’t up for it Sloan could cut us up

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We will upset the dragons , we’re playing mostly 80 mins now and will be boosted with confidence and wouldn’t be surprised if we see pele or someone else back in team list today
We have only won agaisjt the tigers and heavily depleted teams.

We will need to really turn it on and hope some of our guys who are unfit are fit

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Theres no way the Passion merchant is getting selected in place of Flanagan. Theres no fucking way Josh Reynols is starting at 6 in 2023 at 34 years of age man. Surely fucking not

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sadly, once again we find ourselves 2nd last on the ladder. This is a must win game for us if we are to stay within reach of the 8. I’ve said it before but our weakness is in the edges particularly alamotis edge. We leak too many points out wide. We have the worst defence in the NRL. Even the tigers have had less points scored against them than us. CC needs to fix our defence urgently.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
COACHING 'CAUSING RIFT' WITH PLAYERS
Which coach is forcing several of his leading players to take the field every week even though they are carrying injuries?

It's causing a rift with the players, who are being told to take painkilling injections before games and to "suck it up".

Stream the NRL premiership 2023 live and free on9Now

Such is the pressure on teams to win week to week that the coach won't give them a break to recover from their injuries.

But it could come back to bite him - it's a long season and the players aren't happy - and could suffer more serious injuries if they keep playing on with niggling problems.

Is this our team?

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
Which coach is forcing several of his leading players to take the field every week even though they are carrying injuries?

It's causing a rift with the players, who are being told to take painkilling injections before games and to "suck it up".

Such is the pressure on teams to win week to week that the coach won't give them a break to recover from their injuries.

But it could come back to bite him - it's a long season and the players aren't happy - and could suffer more serious injuries if they keep playing on with niggling problems.

Is this our team?
No

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Is this our team?
It can't be us. We've been quite conservative with players coming back.. TPJ wasn't rushed back. They've taken it slow with Brown and Pele.. As soon as Fox said he wanted to rush back for Origin, Ciraldo poured cold water on it..

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It can't be us. We've been quite conservative with players coming back.. TPJ wasn't rushed back. They've taken it slow with Brown and Pele.. As soon as Fox said he wanted to rush back for Origin, Ciraldo poured cold water on it..
Was just curious, CC has stated in the presser that players are playing with injuries.
I wonder what team it is!