Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Broncos - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just on that knock back (on) by the Broncos :Fox need to keep playing that howler again and again with full commentary until the NRL get the message that one of their faultless officials made a massive blunder. Fans need to keep tweeting and re tweeting their displeasure.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league/nrl/how-did-the-ref-miss-this!677916

BUT.........in the end it will mean nothing because Bernie ( brother of our two officials tonight Gerry and Chris) will simply defend them to the hilt and say that mistakes are made at times and in the heat of battle etc. etc.but overall they get the calls 100% right. Interpretation of the rules is what happens these days and some of the interpretations are pretty skewed. If they were consistent across the board and across all the officials I am sure that people would stop taking pot shots at them for the errors they do make. It is the BIG errors that are costing sides and that even goes for that atrocious penalty awarded to the Broncos ( much like tonight) to gift them a two point win over the Tigers. What happened to the referee who made that call..was he dropped? was he punished? NO Ashley Klein was given duty in the video refs box that very same weekend and back out on to the field the next. NO ACCOUNTABILITY AT ALL.....NO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT THAT OFFICIALS ARE GETTING IT WRONG.......BUT PLAYERS ARE CONTINUING TO BE PENALIZED IN A HAPHAZARD AND INCONSISTENT WAY....

I am more upset by what penalties were NOT awarded tonight.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Pays selections and bench rotation is so fucking poor...
Brown should have been on bench especially if he knew JMK wouldn't last the match.
How many more fuck ups does Montoya have to do to get dropped. He is fucking woeful.

Very poor refereeing cost us the game but at same time, sheer luck is the only reason we scored 2 of those tries.

Great to finally see rhyse martin get a go, I have been calling for his selection for a year now..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What would your spine selection be to salvage something from this season?

I think we are soon approaching a point now where chopping and changing isn't going to do much - no rhythm or consistency in this team. We've gone from one extreme to the other - Des never dropped anyone and now Pay is weilding the axe lol
Pay should have stuck with his original 13 for much longer, i said so at the time. I didn't agree with a lot of his selections but it's what he selected after a full pre season with the boys. He should have just tweaked the bench and shift Jackson to lock, but messing with the spine so early was a disaster.

Idk what we do now. The boys confidence is shot and we have forgotten how to win games of footy. I'd probably focus on wrestling and sorting out our defensive systems, there's massive problems there.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t mind Holland on the bench he’s insurance when someone gets injured in the backs. The way Mbye goes late in games at FB maybe he should move him to hooker and Holland to fullback. Holland does add energy when he comes on.

Priest is a horrible player. Can not believe he was selected.

Klemmer off the bench was a good decision but Jackson didn’t play enough mins. Which was strange.
Over the past month we have tired towards the end of games. Pay rotated his forwards and gave us every chance to win. We made a lot of tackles in that first half so I can't fault the rotation. When Jacko came on I thought he had energy and got us going forward due to his rest. Only selection I'd fault was Priest.

Archie

Waterboy
Reaction score
Pay in press conference basically rubbished Sutton in the nicest possible way

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Other option would be for Jackson to maybe play 10 mins of hooker. He isn't the worst option.
Jackson apparently only played 45 minutes, again another terrible call. Yh that could have potentially been another option, i just think the most obvious move was the most logical. Brown on the bench.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Fucking great presser, didn't miss the ***** at all. Pay the fucking 10 large dogs, this is what I want to hear from our coach. Debate his selections all you want guys but this guy genuinely cares, would never have heard Hasler go that hard. I'm impressed. This may just galvanise us.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Would you say dogs got rough end of the pineapple with refs tonight
Excluding last penalty
Rest of the game kaz?
Like the opinion from the dark side
The Dogs do get the rough end of the pineapple from refs most games.

That includes tonight.

Regarding the last penalty, it was harsh but correct.

If he didn't touch Boyd, Dogs would have won.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

That includes tonight.

nah prob would of still lost to a field goal from the drop out or in golden point

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Over the past month we have tired towards the end of games. Pay rotated his forwards and gave us every chance to win. We made a lot of tackles in that first half so I can't fault the rotation. When Jacko came on I thought he had energy and got us going forward due to his rest. Only selection I'd fault was Priest.
Toomaga for priest, nu brown for holland
Holland hasn't done anything wrong but browns form at hooker where pay is playing holland is to good go pass

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fucking great presser, didn't miss the ***** at all. Pay the fucking 10 large dogs, this is what I want to hear from our coach. Debate his selections all you want guys but this guy genuinely cares, would never have heard Hasler go that hard. I'm impressed. This may just galvanise us.
I don't question if he cares, just like i don't question if our players try or not. It's hard playing sport at the top level and something as simple as confidence can change some many things. There's just too many negatives for me that i can't overlook atm.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
I don't question if he cares, just like i don't question if our players try or not. It's hard playing sport at the top level and something as simple as confidence can change some many things. There's just too many negatives for me that i can't overlook atm.
Yeah fair enough

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jackson apparently only played 45 minutes, again another terrible call. Yh that could have potentially been another option, i just think the most obvious move was the most logical. Brown on the bench.
Maybe. I have to say I'm not a fan of two hookers. I'd rather a utility as a 2nd hooker with JMK being able to go 60 odd minutes, upping that to 80 by the start of next season.

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score

That includes tonight.

I'll cop the last one (sort of)...was soft as butter, no shock cheerleader Boyd was the one diving like a 12 year old...but still.

How about the 'knock on' that wasn't called on your winger...you blokes scored from that set basically!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didn't I say it was going to be DOUBLE PENETRATION. Fuck this corrupt game. I am fucking following AFL.
FUCK THE NRL, FUCK THESE CORRUPT REFEREES, FUCK GREENTURD.
IF PAY DOESN'T BLOW THE FUCK OUTNOF THESE FUCKING CORRUPT *****, HE IS A PUSSY!!!!!!!!!

https://www.icac.nsw.gov.au/about-corruption/what-is-corrupt-conduct

What is corrupt conduct?
Corrupt conduct, as defined in the Independent Commission Against Corruption Act 1988 ("the ICAC Act"), is deliberate or intentional wrongdoing, not negligence or a mistake. It has to involve or affect a NSW public official or public sector organisation.

While it can take many forms, corrupt conduct occurs when:

• a public official improperly uses, or tries to improperly use, the knowledge, power or resources of their position for personal gain or the advantage of others
  • a public official dishonestly exercises his or her official functions, or improperly exercises his or her official functions in a partial manner, breaches public trust or misuses information or material acquired during the course of his or her official functions
  • a member of the public influences, or tries to influence, a public official to use his or her position in a way that is dishonest or partial
  • a member of the public engages in conduct that could involve one of the matters set out in section 8(2A) of the ICAC Act where such conduct impairs, or could impair, public confidence in public administration.
The NSW community expects public officials to perform their duties with honesty and in the best interests of the public. Corrupt conduct by a public official involves a breach of public trust that can lead to inequity, wasted resources or public money and reputational damage.

Some examples of corrupt conduct are:

• a local councillor voting in favour of a development in which the councillor has an undisclosed financial interest
  • a member of the public bribing an official to pass a drivers licence test
  • a former public official selling confidential information gained while working in an official capacity.
For the ICAC to be able to pursue a matter (that is, for the matter to be within ICAC jurisdiction), the corruption must involve or affect a NSW public official or public authority.

If the ICAC is to consider investigating the matter, the conduct must also meet the conditions set out in section 9 of the ICAC Act. These conditions are that the conduct could constitute or involve:

• a criminal offence, or
  • a disciplinary offence, or
  • constitute reasonable grounds for dismissing or otherwise terminating the services of a public official, or
  • in the case of a member of the NSW Parliament or local government councillor, a substantial breach of an applicable code of conduct.
Types of public sector conduct other than those defined in the ICAC Act, such as instances of poor administration or a personal grievance are best referred to another agency such as the NSW Ombudsman or the Anti-Discrimination Board. A matter is also outside the ICAC's jurisdiction if it relates to complaints against private sector organisations, non-public officials or Federal Government bodies in a way which has no connection to the NSW public sector.

The full definition of corruption which applies to the ICAC is detailed in sections 7, 8 and 9 of the ICAC Act.

https://www.icac.nsw.gov.au/contact-us

02 8281 5773

Time everyone started calling!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As much as Montoya cops it, that right side

I don't get the two hooker thing at all.. I'm not seeing any benefit from any of the clubs who do it.. but I did think JMK looked more natural than Lichaa
Two hookers works well if you have the right players and the right strategy. The additional hooker provides impact off the bench because the forwards are tired. But you need a good hooker like that. Someone like Segeyaro. Definitely not Holland.

Status
Not open for further replies.