Official Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Broncos - Discussion Thread

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’ll be good to have an aggressive competitive forward with a lot to prove in the pack. I’m hoping this’ll be infectious. I’m guessing he’s at lock to cover Elliot. Also being a battering ram prop might be too much too soon. So lock might be a good call.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
It’ll be good to have an aggressive competitive forward with a lot to prove in the pack. I’m hoping this’ll be infectious. I’m guessing he’s at lock to cover Elliot. Also being a battering ram prop might be too much too soon. So lock might be a good call.
Did you see any of the St Helens games. Wamsley was the battering ram (I would have loved him to come over as well). Thompson has more flair to his game.

Last edited:

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ive watched highlights package on him.seems to have good leg speed and can offload.
But some of the defensive efforts by the opposition were absolutely dreadful. That won't happen here.
Like everyone else just hope he brings some energy and fires up the rest of the boys

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did you see any of the St Helens games. Wamsley was the battering ram (I would have loved him to come over as well). Thompson has more flair to his game.
Alex is a gun prop and at 30 is playing his best footy. Would love to see him in a dogs jumper.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Broncos v Bulldogs - Round 9
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/07/09/broncos-v-bulldogs---round-9/
first time I’ve heard Jamie Soward tip the bulldogs haha
He also said wakeham signed a 3 year deal during the covid break, but still haven’t heard confirmation from the club..

Obviously Soward has no idea of our deplorable record under both Sutton Brothers. At least we have won a game under Chris who has the whistle this week. I'm not expecting any favourable calls.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’d just about tip us now... Staggs is one of their main attacking threats..
I should be agreeing with you but I just have a bad feeling about this game and I'm not sure why.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it’s been a pretty bad few weeks so don’t blame you.. I’m just a tragic... at the start of the week I think we’ll get flogged by game day I have us as odds on favourites...
I stopped worrying about results a couple of years ago I still get enjoyment from seeing certain players breaking into the NRL and developing as players.

Watching Renouf and Averillo have got me through this season so far and now I can watch Thompson too as I'm excited about what he will do.

I'll worry about results again when they matter but I still have to admit I'm a nervous wreck when we get close haha.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
@Spoonman84 Hahaha.. much the same mate.. certain players make the game enjoyable.. Averillo has been a good find. I just hope Thommo brings energy the others can feed off..

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We actually should win this week
No excuses

And Pay still has to go

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wtf does Chris Smith even offer?!?
Come on please get rid of this fraud of a coach..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wtf does Chris Smith even offer?!?
Come on please get rid of this fraud of a coach..
Elliott and Smith were great in the lock rotation last year. What were you watching :tearsofjoy: . No one else in our roster deserves his spot, that's for sure.