Official Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Broncos - Discussion Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think that performance from him on Sunday will go a long way in building his confidence. Things he tried to pull off worked more often than not.
Yh his confidence is picking up...just hope the coaching staff and players back him and we see more of this style. Think Thompson joining will also help him out, a few times he has looked to play short and other than To'omaga no one has really been a good option.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wakeham plays much better when he isn't restricted and we saw some more glimpses of it last week with him playing both sides of the ruck and getting in at first receiver and backing up multiple times a set. The kid wants to scheme and when you stick him out on an edge you just take away too many of his strengths.
so good to see a half playing both sides of the ruck,just turn the kid loose.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Coached NSW U20's to 3 x SOO wins.
Undeniable proof that if he has the players he can get the job done.

Go Dogs
So on that theory you think that Mal Meninga is great coach!?!

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That 20 or so minutes averillo and wakeham played together was much better attacking. Wakeham played better too, maybe he thrives on responsibility.

IMO Averillo is the best half we got, it’s good he’s getting game time but he should be playing in his position so he can improve there, just like the rest of the team should be.
I agree he should be given a go in the halves, I think he has natural instincts and footy smarts as well as a strong running game.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yh his confidence is picking up...just hope the coaching staff and players back him and we see more of this style. Think Thompson joining will also help him out, a few times he has looked to play short and other than To'omaga no one has really been a good option.
What do you mean? Tolman has been standing 5 metres away screaming for the ball lmao

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hope he listens to the advice of most of the players and leaves if Pay stays on,am sure he will get picked up no problems.
Who we talking about here ?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What do you mean? Tolman has been standing 5 metres away screaming for the ball lmao
Tolman probs getting a stiffy at the thought of taking over Elliott's ball playing this weekend.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
so good to see a half playing both sides of the ruck,just turn the kid loose.
It's a no brainer these days and something we should've looked into doing ages ago.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a no brainer these days and something we should've looked into doing ages ago.
I never understood the trend towards having halves only play one side of the ruck but it was adopted right down to juniors and that’s why there is such a shortage of creative halves in the nrl now they where coached to play like robots from u13s onwards

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets start by wrapping the ball up and having an offload game of our own, only if the ball is supported and the passer looks to see if its ok.
Fifth tackle options still need work, our halves have gotta work out if its a high ball or grubba.
The Bulldogs don't get the wooden spoon.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lets start by wrapping the ball up and having an offload game of our own, only if the ball is supported and the passer looks to see if its ok.
Fifth tackle options still need work, our halves have gotta work out if its a high ball or grubba.
The Bulldogs don't get the wooden spoon.
Pretty sure we dont do grubbers. Repeat sets not our thing.

Doginator

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pay should throw Tolman on the wing, that way the ball might get out near the edges on the 4th tackle for a hit up

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
My dose of reality is:

Home game for the Broncos. Home crowd.
Pressure on the Broncos to perform; and the media right behind them calling for a win.
Broncos have a better line up across the field, wiith speed and tactical kicking.
We will be targeted on the wings, where their tries will be scored.
Dogs are weakened with injuries
Thompson lacks game fitness, especially for the speed of NRL
Players not comfortable in their positions

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My dose of reality is:

Pressure on the Broncos to perform; and the media right behind them calling for a win.
Broncos have a better line up across the field, wiith speed and tactical kicking.
Agreed I think they will be comfortable 12 point winners

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I reckon all this Fifita talk could effect their team negatively.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
My dose of reality is:

All true points mate... but Brisbane look lost.. thommo yea underdone but hopefully can provide some energy for the guys around him can feed off. Call me optimistic but I think it will be close..