Official Round 8 - Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs - Discussion Thread

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Awful centre pairing, Montoya is a hack, DWZ should be barred from playing fullback, Cogger was set mission impossible last week and was just about our best player, so let’s omit him from the 17, Holland again proves he’s a reserve grader with an inept display so keep him in the team. Absolute shambles, one bright spot is no Lewis in the squad, the genius that approved his resigning must be shown the door

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Shiiiit, would you look at that backline

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Should be:
Meaney
DWZ
Smith
Harper
Crighton
Foran
Wakeham
Tolman
Cogger
To'omaga
Elliott
RFM
Jackson

JMK
Napa
Britt
Sue

Thompson
Holland

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Awful centre pairing, Montoya is a hack, DWZ should be barred from playing fullback, Cogger was set mission impossible last week and was just about our best player, so let’s omit him from the 17, Holland again proves he’s a reserve grader with an inept display so keep him in the team. Absolute shambles, one bright spot is no Lewis in the squad, the genius that approved his resigning must be shown the door
Last week proved the need to carry a winger/centre on the bench in the event of a backline injury.

Interested to hear what your preferred 17 would look like? It’s not like anyone outside of that 17 will do a better job, with the exemption of Thompson who will obviously play if he’s ready. Though personally I’d have Cogger ahead of Wakeham.

Just goes to show how thin we are for decent cattle at the moment.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
How will be surprise people? He's an average CCup standard back that hasn't played in close to 12 months coming off a severe knee injury.

He was slow before the injury it will be even worse now.
Only a coach as clueless as ours.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Holland and Montoya in the same team...we're gonna get lapped
Where's Aaron Schoupp surely he deserves a run if a guy like Montoya who's been injured for fucking ages can walk straight in... I don't understand our club.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope they have taken Thompsons passport....this could be ugly

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Montoya isn’t to bad at centre, probably do better than Harper imo.
I’d rather Meaney at fullback with Dwz and reimis wings, crighton and Montoya centres

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Montoya and Smith in the centres is arguably the worst centre combination for the Bulldogs that I have ever seen. Cogger looked better then JMK and he drops out of the team all together to play Holland off the bench. Holland deserved to be dropped after his terrible game last week, not kept in the team with a bench spot. Still no Katoa, even though he is the only recognised hooker in the squad. People can talk all they want about the Bulldogs not having the roster to compete but Pay's erratic selections are complete madness. He is out of his depth

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
wtf is that team, pay doesn't know shit as usual lmao

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Thommo doesn't play, and with Avo out, I wont be watching this flogging.
Fucking montoya in the 17, yuk

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last week proved the need to carry a winger/centre on the bench in the event of a backline injury.

Interested to hear what your preferred 17 would look like? It’s not like anyone outside of that 17 will do a better job, with the exemption of Thompson who will obviously play if he’s ready. Though personally I’d have Cogger ahead of Wakeham.

Just goes to show how thin we are for decent cattle at the moment.
Playin players in their position would be a good start. Then you cant start judging the cattle, which we have dont you worry. Just need someone that is competent with the clipboard. Glad as hell its not you.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where's Aaron Schoupp surely he deserves a run if a guy like Montoya who's been injured for fucking ages can walk straight in... I don't understand our club.
He's contract doesn't allow him to play NRL.

The club handed out a couple of development contracts to park footballers who have barely played Flegg instead of genuine youngsters that might have a future in the NRL.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That is as bad as I’ve ever seen
Oh wow Coach reaally gonna be blamin the players this week in the presser.

Our only hope is Thommo helping the forwards grow another leg for the wheels thats already fallen off.

Pay has lost it completely and picked this line up as payback to the Board looks like.