Official Round 8 - Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs - Discussion Thread

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where's Aaron Schoupp surely he deserves a run if a guy like Montoya who's been injured for fucking ages can walk straight in... I don't understand our club.
Good point. Is he even in the top 30 and eligible to play? If so, why not build for the future and give him a go? I can't stand slow outside backs in a football team. I'd love to play in the centers but as you can see by my avatar, I can't because I'm a fat slow fuck

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Montoya and Smith in the centres is arguably the worst centre combination for the Bulldogs that I have ever seen. Cogger looked better then JMK and he drops out of the team all together to play Holland off the bench. Holland deserved to be dropped after his terrible game last week, not kept in the team with a bench spot. Still no Katoa, even though he is the only recognised hooker in the squad. People can talk all they want about the Bulldogs not having the roster to compete but Pay's erratic selections are complete madness. He is out of his depth
Katoa should of been hooker and JMK utility off the bench

Harper instead of Mudtoya
DWZ centre

Meaney FB

Crichton and Smith wings

From the squad selected

Can’t wait to see RTS get the last 22 mins when we are down by 20

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Playin players in their position would be a good start. Then you cant start judging the cattle, which we have dont you worry. Just need someone that is competent with the clipboard. Glad as hell its not you.
Sorry mate I forgot our squad was loaded with quality and depth. Sounds like you’ve got all the answers maybe you should trot on down to Dogs HQ and throw your resume in for a coaching gig.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I didn’t support the Dogs, I’d put $100 on Bunnies 50+.

I still want the Dogs to win, but it’s guaranteed we’re going to get destroyed.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to win games and Pay is on notice, The only way Thompson is going to get match fit is to give him some minutes. why not name him on the bench atleast then reserves.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Good point. Is he even in the top 30 and eligible to play? If so, why not build for the future and give him a go? I can't stand slow outside backs in a football team. I'd love to play in the centers but as you can see by my avatar, I can't because I'm a fat slow fuck
Well yeah I can't even remember if he's in the development squad... But I was certain rules around playing those squad members up into FG were relaxed due to Covid and it's implications in reserves grade

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's contract doesn't allow him to play NRL.

The club handed out a couple of development contracts to park footballers who have barely played Flegg instead of genuine youngsters that might have a future in the NRL.
Well that's fucked :(. I thought Covid allowed us to play who we want within reason given reserve grade wasn't playing on... Oh well

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What's the story with Averillo?

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We need to win games and Pay is on notice, The only way Thompson is going to get match fit is to give him some minutes. why not name him on the bench atleast then reserves.
Doesn’t matter if he’s named amongst the reserves mate. If he’s ready to go then he’ll be in the 17 come kickoff.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Great. Our 1-5 are now made up of all wingers.

Pay somehow stuffs it up again.

Absolutely useless.
I dont see how Pay has stuffed up anything. Harper is the only other option and he is average.
Maybe you can enlighten the readers exactly who you would have picked, considering your vast selection experience.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I dont see how Pay has stuffed up anything. Harpur is the only other option and he is average.
Maybe you can enlighten the readers exactly who you would have picked, considering your vast selection experience.
Maybe you can enlighten the readers who Harpur is?