Official Round 8 - Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs - Discussion Thread

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would probably be a competitive squad for Canterbury Cup...

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hes not a winger mate. Probably down on confidence. Hes a natural fullback, moves like one and with time can be a really good one.
the new game would suit Meaney as he is a natural fullback who backs up the ball carrier. I dont see DWZ doing this, he is great from the wing with his carries. Meaney isnt the long term answer but i would have played him fullback this weekend.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hoppa is back for the finals LMAO
Oh well put a line through that and any chance of coming close to a win.

Id throw lewis out into the centres in place of hoppa, hes played alot of centre in the lower grades. Defence will be rock solid atleast bar everything else..

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Am a bit concerned that Avo isn't in there, did he get that bad a head knock that he isn't even in the reserves?

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Am a bit concerned that Avo isn't in there, did he get that bad a head knock that he isn't even in the reserves?
Yes apparently Pay explained his game plan and interchange requirements to Avo and he understood what Pay was telling him...Then was ruled out with head injury...He will be back next week when he comes to his senses...lol

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes apparently Pay explained his game plan and interchange requirements to Avo and he understood what Pay was telling him...Then was ruled out with head injury...He will be back next week when he comes to his senses...lol
Fair play, that was a good laugh

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And still I wait an hope for some official news of anything positive or to say #PaysOut

but still no celebrations to be had .!!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bazils Bulldogs for this weekend (because someone should have a go..)

1 Meaney
2 DWZ
3 Christian Crichton
4 Holland
5 Remis Smith
6 Kieran Foran
7 Brandon Wakeham
8 Aiden Tolman
9 Cogger
10 Napa
11 Josh Jackson
12 Renouf To’omaga
13 Adam Elliott

14 JMK
15 Luke Thompson
16 RFM
17 Jessie Sue

18 Lewis

DWZ and Smith to bring it back and Smith paired with Holland because although Holland had a shocker he played out of position and at least he and Smith have history of some chemistry plus I dont think Holland could be that bad two weeks in a row..

Meaney is a fullback and this faster game will suit him there and as another poster pointed out he is a very good at backing the ball carrier.

Crichton would probably defend better in a little tighter and unless we play Harper we dont have options if we want to keep DWZ and Smith on the wings. JMK to the bench as cover in 14 and Cogger to start after last week as I thought he looked ok there and good service plus he can kick. Luke Thompson to have a run off the bench after the first 20 or so, he looks like a unit and the deep end of the pool is a good place to start. RT to start before being replaced by either Thompson or RFM.

Oh, and a fire and brimstone speech before they run out about their place in club history and the contracts to be or not offered. And a personal message to Foran " fuck Dessie and next year, have a go ya mug".

P.S I wanted to sneak Lachy in there somewhere but figured I wouldn't be taken seriously with the rest so I made him 18..

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Remember how Pay gave JMK an upgraded contract before a ball was even kicked because he liked what he saw at training? JMK then went on to play some of the worst footy you'll see at 5/8 lol.
Hey don't forget extending Lewis and C.Smith before a ball way kicked... **** is a fucking spud absolute shit for brains

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont u use a lost season to see if meaney is gonna make it as a fullback or not, forget trying to win now pay u idiot. We all know what dallin can do. Morgan harper my best wishes to u son, get over to manly now bud fuck this joke of a coach.
Where not trying to build for anything, the sides he picks suggests that every week. We have some footy players just a really bad fucking coach and whoever the fuck is advising him. No wonder the place is un attractive, who would dare risk there careers at the hands of these fools. We will have to pay overs so bad we will only have 13 in the squad. May as well with pay as coach, making interchanges is far too difficult for him lol.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bazils Bulldogs for this weekend (because someone should have a go..)

1 Meaney
2 DWZ
3 Christian Crichton
4 Holland
5 Remis Smith
6 Kieran Foran
7 Brandon Wakeham
8 Aiden Tolman
9 Cogger
10 Napa
11 Josh Jackson
12 Renouf To’omaga
13 Adam Elliott

14 JMK
15 Luke Thompson
16 RFM
17 Jessie Sue

18 Lewis

DWZ and Smith to bring it back and Smith paired with Holland because although Holland had a shocker he played out of position and at least he and Smith have history of some chemistry plus I dont think Holland could be that bad two weeks in a row..

Meaney is a fullback and this faster game will suit him there and as another poster pointed out he is a very good at backing the ball carrier.

Crichton would probably defend better in a little tighter and unless we play Harper we dont have options if we want to keep DWZ and Smith on the wings. JMK to the bench as cover in 14 and Cogger to start after last week as I thought he looked ok there and good service plus he can kick. Luke Thompson to have a run off the bench after the first 20 or so, he looks like a unit and the deep end of the pool is a good place to start. RT to start before being replaced by either Thompson or RFM.

Oh, and a fire and brimstone speech before they run out about their place in club history and the contracts to be or not offered. And a personal message to Foran " fuck Dessie and next year, have a go ya mug".

P.S I wanted to sneak Lachy in there somewhere but figured I wouldn't be taken seriously with the rest so I made him 18..
I was keen on holland combining with reimis aswel but his selections are and have been vomit. Who knows what hes tryn to achieve.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If he was getting sacked wouldn’t they have called an emergency meeting first thing Monday?
With this ridiculous lineup, they just may call for an emergency meeting this Sunday at about 8:15pm! Lol

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont u use a lost season to see if meaney is gonna make it as a fullback or not, forget trying to win now pay u idiot. We all know what dallin can do. Morgan harper my best wishes to u son, get over to manly now bud fuck this joke of a coach.
Where not trying to build for anything, the sides he picks suggests that every week. We have some footy players just a really bad fucking coach and whoever the fuck is advising him. No wonder the place is un attractive, who would dare risk there careers at the hands of these fools. We will have to pay overs so bad we will only have 13 in the squad. May as well with pay as coach, making interchanges is far too difficult for him lol.
Averillo has show enough to make a fist of it in any position in the back line. Now with Foran going (or at least one can hope) Wakeham looking like he might not make it, Averillo should be able to cover no.6, and if we don't find another 2 centres Hoppa would have to play there, which would leave a gap at FB, so then why not let Meany develop further in his natural position. Pay and the powers to be are deluding themselves (if they are not well and truly deluded by now anyway) if they think that they can pluck better players out of thin air to fill the positions we badly need.
The problem might be that thinking 6-8 months ahead might be beyond Pay and our brains trust.