Official Round 8 - Bulldog v Shark - Team List + Match Discussion

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Same team named this week with some changes closer to game day to keep the media pressure off the players debuting. KO and Skelton in... At least I hope this happens
Your very close to being on the money
Mind u averillo, burns and davey in massive doubt so it’s a wait and see right up until end of captains run

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So reed Is stopping flanno from kicking on the last, it’s reeds fault flanno passes inside ball to a flat footed forward instead of 3 on 2 outside backs. It’s reeds fault flanno gets dominated every run he makes. I knew there was a reason flanno can’t halfback it’s reed that’s stopping him from doing what every other halfback does now I get it. Maybe reed can pass him the ball differently or hold his tongue different when he passes to get flannos creative juice flowing.
Gold fudging gold post I like !!!!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Spewing Franklin pele wasn’t fit to play his old side
How awesome a 1, 2 punch of tpj and pele at full steam

also ciraldo clearly stated on nrl 360 that topine would play the utility (#14) role this week

so I’m thinking
Reynolds 6
Burton 7
Topine 14
Olaupu 18th man getting him in the middle of fg team etc

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thought the same thing but I think KO will debut in 2/3 weeks once some more troops are back.
Gotta agree with you mate, while we need a spark, something different from what Flanno has offered, I don’t see this as the game CC throws the young bloke in. I think we see KO in a couple of wks.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good point, but then you need a winger and a centre to replace them.

Unless they pushed Burton to the centres, Skelton to wing, and KO into the halves.

But thats only going to hurt us.
I think Casey could move into Centre and Skelton on the wing? That’s if both Burns and Avo are out.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone provide a logical assessment as to why Flanagan is still in first grade ?
Worst attacking stats of any half in the nrl, spent half the game last week at hooker and now ciraldo magically thinks he is going to cut it as a 5/8.
He certainly has all the makings of an elite 5/8 - hasn’t got a creative bone in his body, lacks pace and footwork and wouldn’t know what a line break is - how the hell does shifting him to no. 6 improve the team.
The other question mark is given Burton doesn’t appear to want the extra responsibility of steering the team around and hasn’t consistently stepped up in the past, will his performance improve in the no. 7 and will his shift improve the team structure ?

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone provide a logical assessment as to why Flanagan is still in first grade ?
Worst attacking stats of any half in the nrl, spent half the game last week at hooker and now ciraldo magically thinks he is going to cut it as a 5/8.
He certainly has all the makings of an elite 5/8 - hasn’t got a creative bone in his body, lacks pace and footwork and wouldn’t know what a line break is - how the hell does shifting him to no. 6 improve the team.
The other question mark is given Burton doesn’t appear to want the extra responsibility of steering the team around and hasn’t consistently stepped up in the past, will his performance improve in the no. 7 and will his shift improve the team structure ?
Throw in the club obviously doesn’t think Flanagan is part of the future as they haven’t rushed to re-sign him so why make every effort including swapping positions when he has failed woefully at half, to keep him in first grade ?

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Throw in the club obviously doesn’t think Flanagan is part of the future as they haven’t rushed to re-sign him so why make every effort including swapping positions when he has failed woefully at half, to keep him in first grade ?
Mental health

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Seems like an error having halves wrong way around. NRL team lists site has them that way, but they dont mention the change in the summary, which they normally would with such a change. Dont know how much difference it makes if true, just changes what side of the field Burton is on.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Same reasons that have been suggested many times before.
Flano probably still in the side because we dont have 'first' grade spine players to replace him with, there is both attack and defense to consider with our injury crisis and bigger picture (the long term) thankfully KO will be blooded when the club thinks he is ready.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it stems from a player who’s on 450 k a year is sitting in Reggie’s would look bad to the club from pr and logistics. But I think they’ve tried to get rid of him but aside from super league he’s had no interest. No way he gets resigned, would also say if he wasn’t a Flanagan he’d be gone 2 years ago..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's a masterstroke. He has moved Burton to 7 so Oloapu can come in and play the position he hasn't been playing all season lol
A tad weird really for such a conservative coach..who is feeding the scrum? :grinning:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
A tad weird really for such a conservative coach..who is feeding the scrum? :grinning:
Probably Mr Quantity not Quality himself - Reed Mahoney. Oloapu can go into the front row of the scrum fur a cuddle with the forwards lol