Round 7 - Press Conference from Roosters game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny about the pay hate already. Guys we have an average attacking rooster. Des built this team for attack based on stats. Look at the stats tonight. All over them except for line breaks . When we have a slow 6-7 and 9 it limits the options. Our forwards are one out but they play off slow service from lichaa. Our halls play off our forwards and wait on the edge. That needs to change fast. Jmk isnt a starting 6 and foran looks slower with every game. We are fucked. Thanks Des n dib.
It's embarrassing. Success these days is 99% roster and there is endless support to prove it. Every teams run the same block play so its not like some coaches have some unique style. Are paul mcgregor and steve kearney all of a sudden awesome coaches compared to previous seasons? no they just went and recruited quality players like hunt and green to partner their other experienced half. A signing like corey norman would instantly improve our attack no question

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We lost because we didn't play our own game like against the Cowboys, moving the ball around out the back and through the forwards. We were too much one out. Against the Roosters we tried to play the Rabbitohs game plan fast and up the middle. We don't have the players or the skill for that. We got our pants pulled down through inexperienced coaching. Just because the Roosters were weak up the middle one week doesn't mean it's the same the next. The Roosters expected us to go up the middle and they read it all night. It was all too predictable. We should have played to our own strengths for the majority of the game and at times test the weaknesses up the middle. We went up the middle all night. The changes should have come from the coach. Didn't look like he wanted to divert from his game plan.
Pay said it at the press conference "We had a number of scoring chances up the middle where we crossed the line but couldn't ground the ball" Hello you dummy if we failed there a few times why keep playing it up the middle we do have centres and wingers and a fullback in case you didn't know. Mind you Montoro left the field for 3/4 of the game for an extended coffee break and nobody even noticed because the ball never went out there to find out where he was.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
30-12 vs 6-0

24 point defensive improvement
Nah chooks scored against us more last time because we tried to be creative close to the line, which led to loose carries marching them downfield 90+m.. now last night we persisted with one out bullshit and didn't give them those opportunities to ourselves and potentially the roosters.... We are a shit footy side and roosters have some major problems with their attack...

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2018/04/19/round-7-bulldogs-press-conference/

"From where we were last week I thought we improved tonight, I really did ummm can never question their efforts their efforts fantastic. and ummm there were 3 or 4 times there we were one pass away from scoring, and we got over the line 4 or 5 times and couldn't get the ball down, so, you jag one of those and it could be a different story"

- Dean Pay

According to him "we are improving", and if we played the same tonight in the first few rounds, we'd have jagged another couple of wins.

Seriously... is he delusional? Or did everyone else watch a different game in some parallel universe?
I'm going with delusional!!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Sorry Deany boy, that was just a plain shite sandwich with extra shite. You will need to be about 1000% better than that dribble otherwise you will have a very short coaching career my friend.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked up the Bulldogs chances because they looked really good against the Cowboys.
That was as horrendous a match as I’ve seen. The Bulldogs had that much possession they reminded me of a movie you’ve seen a dozen times.....you know whats going to happen.
The Roosters weren’t much better. Shocking handling
Poor completions
Lucky it wasn’t the Dragons.
Could be embarrassing next week.
Highly doubt you guys will play like that next week and no way you will have so little ball next week, it will never happen 2 weeks in a row. Defence was awesome but besides the 75th-80th min we through up fuk all except 1 out crap with slow service .We weren't that good last week cows were just aweful

Status
Not open for further replies.