Official Round 7 NSW Cup & Jersey Flegg

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Cleary family would probably be at the roosters
Ok well only Bulldogs family can use that rule lol

Would still depend on son's junior team. If like Cleary, you move out of your teams area and your kid plays in another team's area, you lose that father/son incentive.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok well only Bulldogs family can use that rule lol

Would still depend on son's junior team. If like Cleary, you move out of your teams area and your kid plays in another team's area, you lose that father/son incentive.
Id like salary cap compensation for the clubs that invested in a player at HM, SGBAll and Flegg level regardless of where they debut - eg a a dogs player spend four years in the dogs pathways system but debuts in first grade at the Roosters - the Dogs get compensated.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Id like salary cap compensation for the clubs that invested in a player at HM, SGBAll and Flegg level regardless of where they debut - eg a a dogs player spend four years in the dogs pathways system but debuts in first grade at the Roosters - the Dogs get compensated.
Id like salary cap compensation for clubs like the Bulldogs that play in 1st grade deadbeats like HMAS Knockonbur & JMK!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Id like salary cap compensation for clubs like the Bulldogs that play in 1st grade deadbeats like HMAS Knockonbur & JMK!
May be start each game with a 12 point head start.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If the NRL implemented a system of a junior comes through for example from sgball through you pathways and development system and had half there contract or non there contract registration counted in the cap. You could start reducing the cap. And would make clubs invest in the juniors. All the great people I know still coaching and involved in clubs are bleeding for funding. Which would then start junior growth again. It’s a win win. Junior development has got to be started to be looked at as critical. It is why Gus is changing our systems, ex player involvement, footprint and in next three years hopefully we start seeing some developed stars start coming through again

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apparently subsequent tests were negative. He didn't play poorly just seems to put minimal effort uness ball is in his hands.
I dont think Averillo's playing style could possibly be more accurately described than that. " he doesn't play poorly, he just seems to put in minimal effort unless he has the ball in his hands".
He looks like a player thats playing 2 games and he's saving himself for the next game

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score
Alamoti is an absolute beast he needs to play first grade
He is a forward tho, has made some mistakes on the edge but when he carts the ball up he’s a beast
And Kiraz is just too good not to be in first grade round 11 can’t come soon enough

Reactions: 88

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Alamoti is an absolute beast he needs to play first grade
He is a forward tho, has made some mistakes on the edge but when he carts the ball up he’s a beast
And Kiraz is just too good not to be in first grade round 11 can’t come soon enough
You think his future is in the middle?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do - he generates speed n power quickly but is not quick over any significant distance - defensively strong when he gets the read correct - if he grows height wise he may stay in the backs - but imho he will be a strike middle 13

Malla

Reaction score
Alamoti yeah see him more as a backrower maybe even lock but just depends how his body develops, easy to forget he's still a baby lol

He's so powerful with the ball I reckon he makes at least 5 post contact metres every run

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do - he generates speed n power quickly but is not quick over any significant distance - defensively strong when he gets the read correct - if he grows height wise he may stay in the backs - but imho he will be a strike middle 13
I see where you are coming from, but i would be surprised if he dosen't stay in the centres for the next few years at least.

The centres are an area of need, and i am sure the club will give him every opportunity to be successful there.

The kid has hardly played for the past few years and is now playing against men. Not sure throwing him into the middle would do him any favors.

When he gets half a dozen or so games under his belt i think he might prove to be pretty potent out wide with his powerful running.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I see where you are coming from, but i would be surprised if he dosen't stay in the centres for the next few years at least.

The centres are an area of need, and i am sure the club will give him every opportunity to be successful there.

The kid has hardly played for the past few years and is now playing against men. Not sure throwing him into the middle would do him any favors.

When he gets half a dozen or so games under his belt i think he might prove to be pretty potent out wide with his powerful running.
Interesting to see how it progresses - if Kiraz n Schoupp nail down the centre spots - round 11 onwards there might be some experimenting - any idea what is happening with the flegg side selections - big changes every week.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting to see how it progresses - if Kiraz n Schoupp nail down the centre spots - round 11 onwards there might be some experimenting - any idea what is happening with the flegg side selections - big changes every week.
No idea mate ... very hard to get a take on things at present.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everytime the First grade travels they have to take a squad of 24/25 players for covid which changes all the lower grades.
Every team has to do it.
Also i think Gus is trying to develop kids quicker by giving them a taste of the next grade up for a couple of weeks then drop them back to their own grade.
Brilliant idea!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everytime the First grade travels they have to take a squad of 24/25 players for covid,every team has to do it.
Also i think Gus is trying to develop kids quicker by giving them a taste of the next grade up for a couple of weeks then drop them back to their own grade.
Brilliant idea!
It is a good idea - but with the Flegg side after the first few rounds been constant changes - some have been promoted Eli Clark, Hayward, Kalati a few times others one off eg Rajab, Hayes - but most just havent played anywhere. Could be injured could be covid just dont know.

I do agree that now Jun Reps are over time to promote and experiment see who is likely to develop

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Alamoti yeah see him more as a backrower maybe even lock but just depends how his body develops, easy to forget he's still a baby lol

He's so powerful with the ball I reckon he makes at least 5 post contact metres every run
Hopefully he can sort out his defensive reads, be nice to have a bit of strike on the edge