Official Round 7 - Bulldogs vs Tigers - Discussion Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We were in the game until 5 minutes before half time,Holland drops a bomb before that but then 2 tries are scored on our left side.One a lucky bounce but poor read from Averillo to let Leilua on his outside,then a dropped ball from Averillo and a wasted challenge.Sue misses a tackle on Leilua and he runs over the top of Averillo and scores.
Fatigue killed us in the 2 nd half as only 40% possession will do. We had players out of position and the Tigers took full advantage.Holland made 17 tackles,JMK 25 on our right side and Reimis 1 and Averilo 7 on our left before going off.
We need to be fitter and it showed,with better use of the interchange as well.
It's embarrassing how poorly conditioned we look, poor first up contact, lack of line speed, no
support, etc. Funny how Elliott looks head and shoulders above the rest of the squad in this regard, almost as if he done something different to everyone else at the club....

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When you watch your team take loss after loss, and each week hope for that win it’s hard, we seem to all keep the faith, but the faith is not returned by the board or anyone making this club great again. Mighty Bulldogs is always what it’s been, so give us that title back and do what’s right an get rid of and fully sweep/clean out the deadwood... NOW not tomorrow.!!!

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all know that we don't have the squad, the issue is the players aren't improving or they are just shit. Elliot is playing for a contract and the way he speaks about it, he thinks he is a dual international.

We actually do not show any forms of attacking structures, too many one ups or sub standard block plays which are very predictable, there arent any inside balls, support plays, change of directional plays and this is what i blame the coaching staff on. Yes our halves are bad, but they are also trained what to do. in the last couple of years we have not had too many blowouts, but in the matter of a month we copped beltings from roosters (understandable) eagles and now the tigers.

we need Matt Burton, he will add spark, speed, size and ability, to me this signing is a no brainer. BUT he also needs a solid and well respected and knowledgeable coaching staff to work with.

Shaun Wane, is a coach we need to sign, go check out his Instagram the guy does high performance mind coaching and goal setting and i think would be perfectly suited for us.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yet our solution is to let good players go. Good clubs wouldn't let good juniors go- they are literally the easiest ones to retain and they would stay for less. Our track record in the last say 6-7 years is nothing short of abysmal in retention.

Lets look at the worst one- Cook! Where is our biggest weakness right now? Hooker! We let a great hooker go to keep some old has been...

Then to compound this Harry Grant was available this year, and what do we do?

Whoever is in charge of recruitment and retention should have been asked years ago.
The old board were the ones that didn't invest in our juniors. They are also the ones that let the likes of Finucane, Ennis, Cook and others leave. Talau was a totally different situation. His dad held the club over a barrel and they refused to cave. Good on them. Club first, team second, player last.
Talau should have shown more loyalty to the club in my opinion.
The current board has a made junior development a priority, and thanks to this we have players like Averilo and to a degree Wakeham in our team, and a number of quality juniors coming through the ranks.
Talau has played total of what, 5 games? And yeah he scored 2 tries against a woeful dogs side, but that doesn't make him a superstar.
@Spoonman84 I recall it was you that knew a bit more about the Talau situation???

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Please, no facts here. Pay loyalists will come down hard on you with their “rosters fault” agenda

Look I’m someone who does say he has not got a roster to work with and I felt sorry for him up until a few weeks ago,BUT I want change now because he isn’t really changing the roster and I’m not sure if that’s the boards fault or his or both but we need massive change.

On recruitment we need about 5 decent players to become a top 8 contender again let’s not even start with top 4.

if I saw light at the end of the tunnel with some great super star signing then I would be happy to give him a chance but nothing is happening

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's embarrassing how poorly conditioned we look, poor first up contact, lack of line speed, no
support, etc. Funny how Elliott looks head and shoulders above the rest of the squad in this regard, almost as if he done something different to everyone else at the club....
Can’t believe Pay only used 6 interchanges last night and one of them was for Hoppa.We had blokes gassed all over the field and fresh legs needed but failed to utilise the interchanges.Madness...

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t believe Pay only used 6 interchanges last night and one of them was for Hoppa.We had blokes gassed all over the field and fresh legs needed but failed to utilise the interchanges.Madness...
You’d think the bloke gave up and stopped watching the game at half time, like a few of us did

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The old board were the ones that didn't invest in our juniors. They are also the ones that let the likes of Finucane, Ennis, Cook and others leave. Talau was a totally different situation. His dad held the club over a barrel and they refused to cave. Good on them. Club first, team second, player last.
Talau should have shown more loyalty to the club in my opinion.
The new board is no better, in fact they are worse- they still haven't sacked the dud coach we have. Talau didn't have to show loyalty he needed to be played and backed. Who cares if he is the biggest tosser off the field.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's crazy. Napa out on his feet yet Pay plays him for almost 30 minutes straight and let's the Tigers continually expose him around the ruck. But na, better save those 2 interchange :tearsofjoy:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Spoonman84 I recall it was you that knew a bit more about the Talau situation???
Willie was over looked for the head coach of the Flegg team a few years ago is pretty much the reason Tommy left.

Lachlan Talau left as soon as his deal finished last year and I's say Cooper will be too at the end of this year.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The club has always been full of a bunch of tossers mate. There’s been many promising kids leave in the past because they haven’t been treated well.
Can anything be done to change that?

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's crazy. Napa out on his feet yet Pay plays him for almost 30 minutes straight and let's the Tigers continually expose him around the ruck. But na, better save those 2 interchange :tearsofjoy:
Napsta was gassed before he even made it to the advantage line!

Thommo may also need to step up and become our strength and fitness coach. FMD

Folksy would be rolling in his grave

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
i dont care thomo has not trained with the squad needs to b in piss jmk off dunno who the FB will b prob go meaney coz dwz cannot catch

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
i dont know where pay and the team go from here?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Willie was over looked for the head coach of the Flegg team a few years ago is pretty much the reason Tommy left.

Lachlan Talau left as soon as his deal finished last year and I's say Cooper will be too at the end of this year.
That's what I thought. Cheers mate.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The new board is no better, in fact they are worse- they still haven't sacked the dud coach we have. Talau didn't have to show loyalty he needed to be played and backed. Who cares if he is the biggest tosser off the field.
It's really not sinking in is it mate. Willie Talau wanted to coach the fleg team, the club said no, so he pulled his kid Tommy. End of story. It's really wuite simple. Willie is the one who should have been loyal, not Tommy. The Bulldogs paid home well for many years and gave contracts to his kids as well.