ROUND 7 - Bulldogs VS Roosters - GAME DISCUSSION & TEAM LISTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look we can’t point the fingers at our forwards tonight atall... they outplayed roosters pack all over... our play makers are just deadset lost and pathetic, licha to begin with did absolutely fuck all and all his talk about cook was just a smock screen adding salt to injury about how fuken shit he really is. Only reason rabbits win last week was because dummy half carved up and halves created attack. We did neither tonight and coming home to a donut lol that’s worse then me farting in a public lift full of hot chicks

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone still sold on Mbye as an attacking fullback and JMK as the 6?Only one sweep from the back to set up outside backs all game is under 11’s stuff and how many clueless kicks in attack.Foran was gassed because he had to set up everything for the first hour. Good to see they haven’t forgotten the 3 hit ups and then the same on the 4th lol
I'm still sold on Mbye. He has proven himself already. I wouldn't even blame it on him tonight. Just shit work in the halves.

But in regard to JMK, no. I'm not sold on him. I think there's potential there but I haven't seen anything to say that he'll reach his full potential.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm still sold on Mbye. He has proven himself already. I wouldn't even blame it on him tonight. Just shit work in the halves.

But in regard to JMK, no. I'm not sold on him. I think there's potential there but I haven't seen anything to say that he'll reach his full potential.
does anyone know how long licca's contract we signed to him runs for. Played 3 games at end of last year that got him another contract then went back into his shell again. Bring back Cook anytime at least he is fast

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Was that a cardboard replica of Montoya out there towards the end of the game attempting to catch a poorly guided pass or did he actually participate?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a difference a week can make. Last week fans were saying how good we were, JMK looks good, Mbye is playing his best footy, Pay is doing well as coach etc etc etc.
Now fans are asking for Pays head, Mbye should be moved to the halves and JMK is useless. Everyone needs to settle down and realise we don't have the quality of the Roosters and only lost because of a lack of creativity inside the ten. The other ninety metres we dominated and our defence forced the roosters into many errors. We easily got down the other end in attack with our forwards laying the platform. Roosters didn't beat us we beat ourselves. With the superstars that roosters have they should be more dissapointed at their performance than us. We were competitive and as frustrating as it was we dominated the game. Put Cronk in our team and we smash them. We need a creative half and a good distributor at hooker and we will be right up there with the top teams. Unfortunately, we have to ride out what Des left us.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye - Just never pushes up ... ever. Will never be a class FB because he has no instinct and you cant coach instinct. So what do you do with him? Maybe Jmoz to FB and Mbye to hooker and fuck off Lichaa.
Montoya - Not 1st grade standard
JMOZ - Still a class act and tries his guts out
Hoppa - has the class but fades in and out of games
Bmoz - Like his brother - a class act who tries his guts out
JMK - tries hard but has no guise when he holds a ball so opposition pick him easy. Tries but has been thrown in deep end and has drowned when it comes to attack
Foz - I think he tries but the service out of dummy half kills any chance to get any attacking structure going. Because JMK takes a junior role and Mbye refuses to inject himself into the game the opposition just sweat on him all night long.
Elliott - Not 1st grade standard. Jackson should be lock and he isn't an edge forward so good bye 1st grade.
Jackson - Not in form. Possibly captaincy has affected his form. Should be a lock as he is definitely not a threat on the edge.
RFM - One of our rare commodities - a young up and coming player. One of the few we have at the club
Klemmer - Cant do any more than perhaps offload in traffic but does his role well.
Lichaa - Destroys any form of attack with woeful service from dummy half. Was so excited when I heard he was leaving our club only to be given a reprieve (god knows why)
Woods - Don't believe all the tripe written about him. Great game tonight. Class act.
Fine - Rocks and diamonds. Rushes out of the line but looks fast and mobile. Persevere...hopefully he can learn and improve.
Fualalo - For a huge human being he is an absolute pussy. 1st in line to be dropped with a "never to return to 1st grade" stamp.
Eastwood - Class act but has no stamina and therefore is almost a liability if there are injuries because of the limited minutes he can play. I only hope his fitness improves because we need hi to fire.
Holland - Injury backup at best

All in all its hard to watch and Pay has to start drip feeding in other players because there are some HUGE issues if that is our best 17.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What a difference a week can make. Last week fans were saying how good we were, JMK looks good, Mbye is playing his best footy, Pay is doing well as coach etc etc etc.
Now fans are asking for Pays head, Mbye should be moved to the halves and JMK is useless. Everyone needs to settle down and realise we don't have the quality of the Roosters and only lost because of a lack of creativity inside the ten. The other ninety metres we dominated and our defence forced the roosters into many errors. We easily got down the other end in attack with our forwards laying the platform. Roosters didn't beat us we beat ourselves. With the superstars that roosters have they should be more dissapointed at their performance than us. We were competitive and as frustrating as it was we dominated the game. Put Cronk in our team and we smash them. We need a creative half and a good distributor at hooker and we will be right up there with the top teams. Unfortunately, we have to ride out what Des left us.
Agree. I was out there and there was absolutely no lack of effort on the part of the players. I've never seen a game like that where we were either held up or came up a few inches short so many times. I actually liked watching JMK have a bit of a go tonight. Sure he picked a couple of wrong options but he did show he has a step and some speed. The rorters threw plenty in defence all game. They were sprinting off the line all night and there really weren't any holes out there and it showed on the scoreboard. The combinations are getting there. Still not second nature yet but they are improving and while it would be easy to be critical of Lichaa the bloke made 42 tackles up against their big blokes so he wouldn't have had much in the tank for offence. It seemed to me they were playing a deliberate strategy to get him to run out from DH and feed either a wide ball or turn a big bloke back inside where there would've been a hole last week. I thought we actually played better this week than last - just didn't get the result we wanted.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Des-ja Vu.

Forwards layed a fantastic platform all night and our backs worked hard to give us metres under pressure.

It's happened far too often over the past 3 years. When our pack turns up and puts in a great performance they don't get rewarded. We simply can't kill teams off or score points even when we dominate possesion.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dean Pay needs to go to Flight Centre tomorrow and book our end of season trip for September. Cos we won't be playing finals football this year.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why bother having Woods in the side if no one...not fucking once...follows him in support. How many times was the guy left posted wondering where the fuck are these idiots?

Said before the Cowboys game that I felt our current spine wasn’t the best balance for the team, still believe that’s the case. We are short one playmaker, whichever way you look at it.

Currently We have a rookie fullback, rookie five eighth and a reserve grade hooker, whose forwards “laid a platform”, got the rub of the green and won the possession battle, and couldn’t score a zack!

Holland
BMoz
JMoz
Olive
Hoppa
Moses
Foran
JMK @9

Hoppa
BMoz
Jmoz
Olive
Holland
Moses
Foran
JMK @ 9

Anything is better than what we watched last night. We could’ve played with 15 and still not scored.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing that can change some dynamics in this team is a mid-season transfer. I say get Sezer or Austin or EVEN HASTINGS. Get someone different that is not in the dogs system to change something up.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought Woods was brilliant tonight. Best of Canterbury. Tough game to lose but Easts def put there bodies on the line, as did our boys. Hate losing but I was sitting on edge of seat right till siren. Happy with effort, it's only a game at end of day and Easts are a class team. Can only hope Parra lose now

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Moses could support play better when we have the ball but 3rd - 5th tackle he is organising attack or kicking. He can't solely play FB with Pay's attacking style and the fact we have 1 play maker. Guarantee if we had half who was experienced Moses would be hanging of players for an offload and would be able to solely be a FB.

Gallo2014

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ferguson didn't play that properly again
That's funny. I read most of the comments on this thread and all you've done is 'dobbed' on which Roosters player didn't play the ball properly. Did you actually watched the game or was that just your mission because both teams on many occasions didn't play the ball right but only one penalty on that was give. You were probably a good 'dobber' at school...right?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's funny. I read most of the comments on this thread and all you've done is 'dobbed' on which Roosters player didn't play the ball properly. Did you actually watched the game or was that just your mission because both teams on many occasions didn't play the ball right but only one penalty on that was give. You were probably a good 'dobber' at school...right?
Actually, I watched EVERY play the ball & when I saw one that wasn't played properly, I noted it because we got penalised for it & the Roosters didn't. It was very badly inconsistent. Typical Sutton performance.

And how is that dobbing by the way? To dob, I would have had to go onto the field & tell Sutton himself.

FW!

Gallo2014

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Actually, I watched EVERY play the ball & when I saw one that wasn't played properly, I noted it because we got penalised for it & the Roosters didn't. It was very badly inconsistent. Typical Sutton performance.

And how is that dobbing by the way? To dob, I would have had to go onto the field & tell Sutton himself.

FW!
Well if you're going to correct me, then I have to follow suit. You dob someone to get them in trouble! If you go to the field and tell Sutton, then you're accusing someone directly, not dobbing them. Yes perhaps dob is not 100% accurate but your accusations throughout this thread may have had the implicit desire to get him in trouble in some way by counting how many he and co missed and letting the world(forum) know...Never mind that both teams did it. Perhaps I may have come up with a better, more accurate word had I not been ROTFLMAO at the time. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.