Rabbits 24-9 W

Storm 18-36 L
Roosters 30-12 L
Panthers 20-18 W
Rabbits 20-16 L
Raiders 26-10 L
Cowboys 10-27 W
Roosters 0-6 L

So we had 2 more wins this time last year.

2017 attack - 110 points

2018 attack - 103 points

So my question is yes pay is only 7 rounds in and yes we have a new half but how has anything at all changed? Give pay time people say. I agree but we are getting worse and our attack hasn’t improved at all.

Offseason is a very long time with Foran training with the squad most of the pre season. Please for the love of god who is responsible for a 6 point attack in 120min of football?

Any other stat people out there? Just creating this thread because it’s evident we have no light at the end of the tunnel... depressing

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Storm 6-12 L
Roosters 28-24 L
Warriors 24-12 W
Sea Eagles 36-0 L
Broncos 10-7 W
Knights 12-22 W
Rabbits 24-9 W

Storm 18-36 L
Roosters 30-12 L
Panthers 20-18 W
Rabbits 20-16 L
Raiders 26-10 L
Cowboys 10-27 W
Roosters 0-6 L

So we had 2 more wins this time last year.

2017 attack - 110 points

2018 attack - 103 points

So my question is yes pay is only 7 rounds in and yes we have a new half but how has anything at all changed? Give pay time people say. I agree but we are getting worse and our attack hasn’t improved at all.

Offseason is a very long time with Foran training with the squad most of the pre season. Please for the love of god who is responsible for a 6 point attack in 120min of football?

Any other stat people out there? Just creating this thread because it’s evident we have no light at the end of the tunnel... depressing
Wow I didn't actually realise how bad we were going this year. I thought we were about even Stevens .

Why oh why did we settle for a rookie coach , it makes no sense whatsoever.
We wouldve been better off with no coach at all. The last 3 games of the season where we won each of them I believe were all uncoached or did dymock have a hand in it?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess we will never know about dymock but why in the world didn’t we give him a crack for a year... they only rushed because pay told them I have a offer in super league and will take it up if they don’t sign him; it was a dib special to do so and try and save his ass. I reckon he’s probably laughing at home the he dodged a bullet

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just to change subject , as much as I hate Souths I do love that they are putting the raiders to the sword, recently raiders an Ricky Stewart have become a team I hate more than any lol, and them getting carved up is keeping our season Alive.. with a sniff!!

If the titans an knights lose then we are only 1 win out of the eight which is not too bad considering the poor start an poor playing style.

Last edited:

Micko1979

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hasler should have been given this year and next. With Foran and with his coaching would have had the team in the 8 or better. I blame the people who couldn't see the long game. Hasler finally has a half and we sack him, that is just stupidity.

Unfortunately all we have to do is wait now and see if Pay has what it takes. I honestly don't know yet, but he is showing some good signs, not many but the move for Mbye, Holland off the bench, and having the team finally win the forward battle. Let's see his record at this time next year. That will show if he is the right coach or not

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasler should have been given this year and next. With Foran and with his coaching would have had the team in the 8 or better. I blame the people who couldn't see the long game. Hasler finally has a half and we sack him, that is just stupidity.

Unfortunately all we have to do is wait now and see if Pay has what it takes. I honestly don't know yet, but he is showing some good signs, not many but the move for Mbye, Holland off the bench, and having the team finally win the forward battle. Let's see his record at this time next year. That will show if he is the right coach or not
He has shown me one good sign and that’s mbye to fb.

His interchange and the way he uses it is as dumb as des used to. He has not done anything better at all so far and I hope that changes. Maybe a few wins back to back will change our luck and attitude as sometimes losing can be a habit. But how long do we keep saying this. Feels like it’s been years saying the same crap with this team.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Souths coach also inherited his roster and they are on fire v Raiders right now

‘Inherited roster’ excuse is a cop out

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agree said it plenty of times. He didn’t inherit a nsw squad. He inherited a Australian forward pack, international million dollar half, international players in Morris boys and don’t forget Jackson etc .... we ain’t as bloody shit as people make it out we are.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree said it plenty of times. He didn’t inherit a nsw squad. He inherited a Australian forward pack, international million dollar half, international players in Morris boys and don’t forget Jackson etc .... we ain’t as bloody shit as people make it out we are.
Problem is our forward pack is going forward, our halfs arnt capitalising
Foran needs to step up, and jmk our other best option
No offence to jmk but it's the worst best option in the entire nrl at half
That make sense lol

caltan

Waterboy
Reaction score
The way Pay is going, he won't be coach after this season. I don't want to be negative but we should have gone with a coach with some NRL experience. Going with Pay has cost us at least 2 years of hibernation.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Without a doubt we saw a Hasler coached side the other night.... Pay must have played a Hasler type of plan and the players just went into robot mode. Pay needs to realise he needs to go far far away from it for atleast one season to rid the players of such knowledge.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Not making excuses but they have a lot of good players in their squad. Inglis, Gagai, Reynolds, Cook, Crichton.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not making excuses but they have a lot of good players in their squad. Inglis, Gagai, Reynolds, Cook, Crichton.
And we have woods, Klemmer, mbye, Foran, Morris boys.... other supporters look at our roster and wonder how are we playing so bad.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And we have woods, Klemmer, mbye, Foran, Morris boys.... other supporters look at our roster and wonder how are we playing so bad.
Most of the people I know who support other club's don't rate a lot of our squad at all.

Quite alot of our own supporters wanted Mbye gone last year, he's playing better but he's certainly no elite fullback. Morris boys are open to offers from other clubs, I don't imagine they're going to get offers from anyone. Foran himself said his body is like an 80 year old, doubt anyone would sign him if he was on the open market today.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of the people I know who support other club's don't rate a lot of our squad at all.

Quite alot of our own supporters wanted Mbye gone last year, he's playing better but he's certainly no elite fullback. Morris boys are open to offers from other clubs, I don't imagine they're going to get offers from anyone. Foran himself said his body is like an 80 year old, doubt anyone would sign him if he was on the open market today.
Yea I get what your saying but you can say the same about Souths

Inglis after his injury hasn’t been playing the best either, gagai was there big signature, Reynolds will be injured 2/3 of the season, Cook has had one good game and was never a concrete spot for him this year and critchon is a great player like how Jackson is for us.

It’s only because Souths are playing so well all of a sudden they are all gun players but first 2 rounds Souths looked shot.

All I’m saying is that ok people don’t rate them but they have more experience then 3/4 of the nrl squads. Shit that happened against roosters should have never happened espically with our play maker supposed to be our saviour. It all comes down to coach. Watch all last nights games and tonight. We are unfit and dumb and that all begins with the coach.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We got lucky with an unknown Frawley to counter brisbane in the wet and beat a dud Knights side and a injury hit souffs.... not concerned with the comparison at all tbh...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just so you know we don't just suck in first grade.

Almost every single grade lost this week (except SG Ball):
First Grade (NRL)
Reserve Grade (Intrust Super Cup / NSW Cup)
Under 20s (Jersey Flegg)
Under 16s (Harold Matthews)
Womans

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Problem is our forward pack is going forward, our halfs arnt capitalising
Foran needs to step up, and jmk our other best option
No offence to jmk but it's the worst best option in the entire nrl at half
That make sense lol
I did not even realise that Foran was on the field until about 30 minutes in. As the senior half he should be front and centre.

JMK has been going okay. I am waiting for him to make a break...he is super quick and has been oh so close to breaking the line and getting into the clear. Defensively he is going great and does not shy away from the big blokes.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/teams/t...ury-bankstown-bulldogs/jeremy-marshall-king2/

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill stand by this call. Lichaa is the entire f&@;ing reason why we cant score points. Its plain and simple. He picks the ball up, crabs sideways for a few moments and by the time the halves get the ball the defense is on them. In turn Foran starts running sideways to try and find some space and then by the time the ball gets to the outside backs there is no where to go. It was exactly the same as last year and 2016. The guy should never have been resigned. If Dean Pay cant see this which id say he can't as he keeps picking gim then its time to replace Pay as well. Change the 9 and watch the points come in

Status
Not open for further replies.