Official Round 6 NSW Cup & Jersey Flegg v Newcastle

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Toia not til Rd 12..ain't top 30!

Where is Judda Turahui? Injured?
Don’t we have some spots opened up
now with Katoa and hetherington out for the season? Might be able to get an exemption.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Flegg have made a few changes for todays game - both second rowers out - dont know if injured - hopefully Hopoi is being promoted - they have also named two (one on bench one reserve) from the SGBall that played yesterday and a winger who was a reserve in sgball. Hope there is method and purpose in this.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
When the cup game starts at 1, could someone do us a favor and send a direct link to the livestream because i can never find it and just give up lol.

Last edited:

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flegg have made a few changes for todays game - both second rowers out - dont know if injured - hopefully Hopoi is being promoted - they have also named two (one on bench one reserve) from the SGBall that played yesterday and a winger who was a reserve in sgball. Hope there is method and purpose in this.
they have stacked the bench with good middles but. So hopefully that is the strategy with Sam Hughes and Moses Pope. As think both if get fitt and stay healthy could progress to Reggie’s. Riff coach told me Moses was hard to handle when he came on last week

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
they have stacked the bench with good middles but. So hopefully that is the strategy with Sam Hughes and Moses Pope. As think both if get fitt and stay healthy could progress to Reggie’s. Riff coach told me Moses was hard to handle when he came on last week
dogs penrith flegg game was a high standard i thought

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
dogs penrith flegg game was a high standard i thought
Yes me to the riff coach I know had the same opinion. There outside backs are very quick out middles where better. I lost a bet on a side note with him at work. Had to go sit in box with then learnt a lot although painful watching us in firsts lol

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our attack every one is complaining about wright fully so. Is in progress of being changed through all grades. I know most of us me included don’t get to watch structure from a box high up. But the riff in all grades set attack structure based of a AType frame where a running five eight splits to where side is vulnerable in defence. Require number reading and one on one it’s easy to see from box not from ground level or tv

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Our attack every one is complaining about wright fully so. Is in progress of being changed through all grades. I know most of us me included don’t get to watch structure from a box high up. But the riff in all grades set attack structure based of a AType frame where a running five eight splits to where side is vulnerable in defence. Require number reading and one on one it’s easy to see from box not from ground level or tv
So the Panthers lower grade sides don't replicate what they do in firsts?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Get a good view at elevation behind the goal posts - structures and execution need improvement but also need players with speed, agility leg drive to take advantage of the opportunities (good if they can catch the ball as well)

Reactions: ATT

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So the Panthers lower grade sides don't replicate what they do in firsts?
They learn to. Same structure trying to be taught to grade as Matt’s. It looked but there is a heap of examples flegg players on Reggie’s. There main focus and club goal is firsts. Firsts always leave spots open in top 30 to give the stand outs a chance to train and play. Unlike us but Gus is changing slowly

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Get a good view at elevation behind the goal posts - structures and execution need improvement but also need players with speed, agility leg drive to take advantage of the opportunities (good if they can catch the ball as well)
It’s a big change for us. Through all grades. Even down to Matt’s where they trying to harden them up and get them used to basics. Like running hard tackling hard. Attitude. They had one kid in Matt’s Willy took under his wing played latter half year with fractured sternum. Not smart at that age I know but changing the guard from old days

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They learn to. Same structure trying to be taught to grade as Matt’s. It looked but there is a heap of examples flegg players on Reggie’s. There main focus and club goal is firsts. Firsts always leave spots open in top 30 to give the stand outs a chance to train and play. Unlike us but Gus is changing slowly
Do you know if all the changes in the sgball n flegg over the last few weeks is about injuries form or discipline - reserves n bench players being promoted, starting players dropped to reserves (not benched)etc

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Will be a good test today in flegg to see how flegg go. Would went but got the covid. Hopefully the boys aim up. These are the teams to see who goes well like the half etc

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Do you know if all the changes in the sgball n flegg over the last few weeks is about injuries form or discipline - reserves n bench players being promoted, starting players dropped to reserves (not benched)etc
Not sure to be honest. But that’s what riff do to develop if you put you hand up in you age you get promoted to keep the production line going. Ones that go up have a shot and need to stand up to keep up. If they keep up they get extra developed with legends and coaches. Which is what I’d suggest shifty etc are doing

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure to be honest. But that’s what riff do to develop if you put you hand up in you age you get promoted to keep the production line going. Ones that go up have a shot and need to stand up to keep up. If they keep up they get extra developed with legends and coaches. Which is what I’d suggest shifty etc are doing
Hopoi playing nsw cup - small pack of forwards today - might struggle

Reactions: ATT

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hopoi playing nsw cup - small pack of forwards today - might struggle
Hopefully he holds his own with small pack it’s about him doing his job not being over rawed and gives him confidence if he can do his job and the club a idea going forward

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
When the cup game starts at 1, could someone do us a favor and send a direct link to the livestream because i can never find it and just give up lol.
I dont think its on - i read somewhere they changed todo the raidrs game

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I dont think its on - i read somewhere they changed todo the raidrs game
Yup it isn't there and Bears vs Raiders is listed instead.