Official Round 6 - Bulldogs vs Sharks - Discussion Thread

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We can come over the top of these blokes in the second half wakeham is having a great game and will only get better as the season goes on I have seen more variety in attack in this half of football than I have seen with Lewis for the last two years

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really rate averillo. He's a top fullback in the making
He’s great when in space. A great trait of a fullback. I know he is a natural 6 so must have good ball skills.
Throw him in sometime this year, won’t hurt to see which position he thrives in

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I like the idea of the rule but it's changed the game too much. It's becoming Rugby now with 12 tackle sets.
I agree. I wonder if the one ref ,six again is here to stay. Like every single NRL season they just have to tinker with the rules and the makeup of the game, mostly to its detriment. In my opinion it has created a much bigger gap between the good and the not so good sides. Those that can " play the game" are benefiting deluxe from the new circumstances in the game.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sharks are playing too sideways which is helping us out

Someone tell JMK he’s allowed to kick from DH like proper hookers do

GTOWN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can the 6 again be challenged? Seems to me like a way for the ref to rort a team without scrutiny... can just call 6 more whenever they want and there’s no time to check it out or replay..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So his decoy that led to our try was shit?

I get he made an error in the first but his literally done nothing wrong
Mate he's fucking shit, he's our captain, our experienced leader and he does fuck all most weeks. I don't care about one or two plays.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wakeham gets tackled and can't take the last option and everyone shys away from taking the fucking kick... Foran isnt taking enough responsibility when required today.
JMK isn't and 80min player he's shit ... Elliot needs to realise he's not the only option in attack, he's crowded our playmakers on 2 occasions now when there was space for Averillo on the edge
This is actually not a bad team a little clunky cause they haven’t played in correct positions ever,really need a good 9 but and i have to say most improved chrichton and fmd i love wakehams touches hes what weve needed the more he plays the better he will get
Symptoms of a team that hasn't had a consistent lineup for a while now, plus with Averillo we finally have a genuine threat on the edge. It'll take some time to get used to, hopefully Wakes gets a decent run of games, Foran stays fit, DWZ stays on the wing, and the forward pack and benchies can really get some confidence.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree. I wonder if the one ref ,six again is here to stay. Like every single NRL season they just have to tinker with the rules and the makeup of the game, mostly to its detriment. In my opinion it has created a much bigger gap between the good and the not so good sides. Those that can " play the game" are benefiting deluxe from the new circumstances in the game.
They'll keep it but I think the refs will ease up in the next few months. The better teams get way more six agains in attack but can lay in the ruck all day in defence.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliot very good first half.
I thought JMK has asked the defence a few questions with his running.
Foran promised to take the reins and I haven't seen it yet.
Hoppa very solid as always.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Sharks are playing too sideways which is helping us out

Someone tell JMK he’s allowed to kick from DH like proper hookers do
What about when he made that intercept and then looked totally lost. Like I don't understand how he can have the awareness and position himself so well for the defensive play and then look like he's never played a game half a second later once he had the ball :tearsofjoy:

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a bad half, I havnt swore at the tv nearly enough.. hahaha Britts been good, Wakeham been solid not great. Not sure about running it on the last near the try line, they need to put the ball into the in goal and get repeat sets. Averillo I’m not to sold on. Maybe still a little young. Next 5 mins we are against 12, they need to score at least 1!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So his decoy that led to our try was shit?

I get he made an error in the first but his literally done nothing wrong
He’s a shadow of the player he used to be let’s be honest

Compare him and Cordner both in terms of form and leadership and JJ unfortunately not even in the same conversation

He looks gassed but Pay will never sub him

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe once in a blue moon...he couldn't out jump a pensioner in Goodwin during the game...
Its slim pickings.. If we drop him we bring in that other superstar Montoya...

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lots of positives from that half, and we are competing with a better team don’t forget.

Things will click with time. And averillo will eventually be a good fullback. Hoppas lack of speed is his only downfall. He is a cracking centre though.