Official Round 6 - Bulldogs vs Sharks - Discussion Thread

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sure, but he’s here until the end of 2021 so I think with him it’s a case of seeing out the contract like it was with T-Rex, I doubt he could be traded. So he plays off the bench for a year and a half?
The game has gone past forwards like Napa I personally wouldn’t want him taking up a bench spot. If Thompson fires I’d have no problem playing reserve grade until his contract is done

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If anyone on here gets tickets to the game can you pls make a banner “Lewis is a MYTH’ think embarrassing Pay publicly is the only way we can rid this team of his insidious presence

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Really hard to see points coming whilst Lewis is there. The passing is not first grade standard and the defence is heavily overstated. He’s strong in contact but he’s not a good defender who can read the play and communicate with the man either side of him. I know I’m stating the obvious but as a die hard fan just wanted to get it off my chest.... FFS..

daisy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No he shouldn't. He has issue in defence and everyone knows that, but he simply won't get better if he doesn't play. Lewis leads us for try causes and is third in the league, did nothing to help poor Averillo.
No he shouldn't. He has issue in defence and everyone knows that, but he simply won't get better if he doesn't play. Lewis leads us for try causes and is third in the league, did nothing to help poor Averillo.
Yeah he should the kid has a lot of ability with the ball but should be in the halves or don’t play him he looks lost in defence out wide

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Even the commentators were stating the obvious about how we have fk all in attack on Lewis edge

And saying Foz and Hopp edge the more dangerous and even Elliot though the middle poses more threat

This is like Des refusing to drop T Rex but worse

The 7 will always impact your team good or bad

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Sharon Woods dusts up our pack it will be a fkn embarrassment

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
At this point Elliot is a more accomplished half back than Lewis lol he can tackle and he knows how to kick a grubber so he’s already in front lol
I knew Lewis would be there but it doesn’t make it any less fucking stupid

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lachlan Lewis - Greenacre Dental
Any chance of an extraction.

REALLY - Two wingers in the centres, a 5/8 or fullback on the wing
Reserve Graders at 7,9 and 15
Youngsters like Doorey not even given a number up to 22

Did not PAY say he will be rotating players, especially halves. Tell that to Wakeham and Cogger.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The game has gone past forwards like Napa I personally wouldn’t want him taking up a bench spot. If Thompson fires I’d have no problem playing reserve grade until his contract is done
Fair enough. Form will dictate the outcome as well as the roster makeup next year, so we’ll see.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If the club doesn’t get rid of pay before players like wakeham and avo fuck off to other clubs we will continue to go backwards

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At this point Elliot is a more accomplished half back than Lewis lol he can tackle and he knows how to kick a grubber so he’s already in front lol
I knew Lewis would be there but it doesn’t make it any less fucking stupid

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We again change the position of our youngest player. So far he has played 15 mins at 5/8, 20 mins off the bench. 65 and 70 mins of centre. Now obviously pay has seen enough of that so put him on the wing.
Averillo already looks fed up... At full time he walked straight into the sheds... appeared to not want to shake hands with any Rorters.... unlike the likes of Napa who got more fired up reminiscing with his old teammates than the actual game itself...

Avo is a real competitor.... has no business on the wing... give him a crack at FB.... worst case back in the centres, had more line breaks yesterday then the rest of the team combined.

Pay needs to make way for someone who actully knows how to coach a NRL team.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He literally picks him because of his so called defence and bigger boot, that is the reason.
I know that, u know that, it doesn't make sense though..

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
DWZ to the wing. Just tell him he is a machine there and he will also learn how to be better under the high ball, which in turn makes him stronger when he is back at fullback. Averrillo back at centre, and fuck off Holland and just put a katoa on the bench as he is a fukn hooker. Did Deano, what is wrong with you???

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Averillo already looks fed up... At full time he walked straight into the sheds... appeared to not want to shake hands with any Rorters.... unlike the likes of Napa who got more fired up reminiscing with his old teammates than the actual game itself...

Avo is a real competitor.... has no business on the wing... give him a crack at FB.... worst case back in the centres, had more line breaks yesterday then the rest of the team combined.

Pay needs to make way for someone who actully knows how to coach a NRL team.
Completely agree. Not sure why averillo has been substituted the past 2 games. I have never ever seen a person sub on a centre or a fullback. Even when walked and Bowen played origin they were subbed on as roving players. Not sub out a centre for a centre. It’s that sort of thinking and strategy that is baffling :sweat:

Averillo should be starting as fullback or in the halves. Hoppa isn’t our long term fullback. So let’s stop losing development time with playing him there. Hoppa is the best centre in the club and Smith and zelezniak our best wingers. It’s frightening to think none are starting in their best positions. I’m ok with Jake at centre. Completely wasted on the wing though.