Round 5 - Dogs vs Raiders - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Its both, stucture blows and so does the attacking structure which is DYMOCK. But lets put him in. Theres only one decnt coach on the market and it isnt Dymock it's Cleary.
Champ, des tells the attacking coaches how he wants the team to play, not the other way around. This is no ones fault other than des.

Beldig

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You've got to play straight before you can play sideways, when will this team understand this concept?? We weren't outplayed in the forwards as I'm sure every columnist worth their two cents will conveniently write. Their backline and specifically their halves outplayed, or more appropriately, out-thought ours. We are a dumb footy team.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Champ, des tells the attacking coaches how he wants the team to play, not the other way around. This is no ones fault other than des.
He has input get over champ, he isnt as good as you think.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
You've got to play straight before you can play sideways, when will this team understand this concept?? We weren't outplayed in the forwards as I'm sure every columnist worth their two cents will conveniently write. Their backline and specifically their halves outplayed, or more appropriately, out-thought ours. We are a dumb footy team.
I agree with you. But this is the way they are coached.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I dunno if I'm bias cause I wanna see set plays and creative attack but I'd swear we are the worst team to watch. It's so basic, hit up, get to the 5th, kick long, repeat.

The tries are just 'meant to come' rather than 'make them come' right? There's no way they're being told to force the issue on attack, it's just like we're hoping the defence makes a few errors and we can capitalise when they do.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ahh the games pissed me off we were shit but im over it theres always next week

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just as long as we beat the Warriors in 2 weeks

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stanley is a talented player... too bad we can never get a full game out of him.... at least with Holland back in squad we can convert our tries... that's assuming we can score in Melbourne next week. So predictable our style has become.... we pose almost no threat of scoring to any decent sides this year. Our wins this year have come against struggling sides.... I fear what will happen when we meet Broncos and Cowboys...

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And by the way champ i never said it wasnt Des's fault. But if you think Dymock has ZERO input and is just an overpaid waterboy you are living in lala land.
Yeah that's why the roosters and panthers both came for him couple years ago for the top job.
lol sure they did.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I didn't watch the game as I was working , don't tell me Sezer had another blinder against his old club. If he did then that shits me as we should have signed this guy when he manager offered him to us. The club could have shopped Reynolds around or I would have been happy for the club to say to Moses here is what we are offering you take it or leave it.

Sezer knows how to direct play and organize players around him , he gets his hands on the ball more often than not. He may not get the wraps like JT or Cronk but he is consistent and a handy goal kicker aswell.

We always seem to struggled against the raiders as they seem to have the wood on us, but back at belmore we should have been up for it.

bulldog_ando

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its both, stucture blows and so does the attacking structure which is DYMOCK. But lets put him in. Theres only one decnt coach on the market and it isnt Dymock it's Cleary.
I doubt hasler lets his assistant coaches have their way in what they would like to do. Des is a control freak and very stubborn its his way or nothing. Dymock was seen as one of the best up and coming coaches a few years ago give him full reign he will surprise a few people. Hes been in the nsw set up aswell and he also knocked back a few first grade offers to stay at the dogs under des the key here is he wanted to stay at the dogs.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
And by the way champ i never said it wasnt Des's fault. But if you think Dymock has ZERO input and is just an overpaid waterboy you are living in lala land.

lol sure they did.
Go do your research. He rejected both clubs.
You look like a spastic now.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So tell us, you don't find a problem with our team? Are you satisfied with the way the team are playing?
Off course he doesn't
Everything is rosey in des land for his supporters
It's the same shit every loss
It was like the parra game all over again
We have not learnt shit
Lucky Souths were disgraceful last week and couldn't hold the ball
All the sheep followers will say "after a loss"
But it's the same style of loss over and over again
A donkey can only ever fall into a hole once before he's fcuked

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
by the way, has anyone noticed the way we lob pass the ball to each other like an under 9's football team! This severely cuts our time and space when attacking with the football in hand. Not sure how we can be effective if defenses are on our front door step immediately after catching the ball.. Just an observation.

The difference in the first pass off the ruck between Lichaa and the better hookers (Smith, Farah, McCulloch, Ennis etc) is significant. Our forwards were more effective with Ennis hit them with crisp passes at pace..

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Off course he doesn't
Everything is rosey in des land for his supporters
It's the same shit every loss
It was like the parra game all over again
We have not learnt shit
Lucky Souths were disgraceful last week and couldn't hold the ball
All the sheep followers will say "after a loss"
But it's the same style of loss over and over again
A donkey can only ever fall into a hole once before he's fcuked