Official Round 5 - Bulldogs vs Roosters - Discussion Thread (postponed till Monday night)

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
So sad for the guys who played their best tonight; only to watch brain snaps from their team mates giving the ball away on our tryline on tackle one; then watching the Roosters go over untouched.

The Chooks last two tries should be replayed a dozen times at every training session until the message gets through.

boysunleashme

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jackson hoppa and foz were the only ones that played well

No try’s were scored on Jackson’s side but all the try’s were scored on the other side

Jackson is still very strong defensively (35 tackles, 0 missed) and had a nice play for the try and saved one only moments before

But everyone on here what’s him to play like Jason Taumalalo, people have to realise his played years with shit fuks, most players would have given up long before him

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK has his feet planted in cement at dummy half. Rarely moves from either side bringing the forward line with him. Hard working but offers no skill or vision in attack. Has now been 2 years at no.9 but have not seen any improvement.
The the shitty game plan Jmk is actually has good speed. So he should be making runs out of dummy engage the line and then pass

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
The back three is not the issue. Yes Meaney had a shocker but did you see the meters the forwards put in tonight?
the difference in how the back three performed shows the difference in the packs :(

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Based on tonight I think we’ve got no choice but to re-sign Foran. We looked extremely dangerous whenever he had the ball, it’s just the players around him the reason we didn’t come up with more points. If he can stay on the field this year we must give him another 1-2
Agree, he’s a class above, beautiful hands and passing, created space for the outside men, they’re just not good or quick enough to capitalize. Thought he looked pretty good physically as well

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn’t love seeing Napa, britt, Elliot laughing after the game. Understand they’re mates but a bit of a slap in the face for fans to see that, first 20 was woeful last hour just outclassed could’ve/should’ve been a lot worse
Agree I always hate seeing that when you get flogged it’s almost like you had no problem with getting a hiding.. Doubt Thommo wouldnt be laughing after a loss like that ;)

Last edited:

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i would go as far as saying grimaldi and other training coaching staff need to go as well as pay, grimaldi offers nothing on the field for our players, get craig fitzgibbon to the dogs

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I hear ya, but what do we do right now? Who else have we got?
For a start get the forwards running hard.
Like bunch of fucking cream puffs tonight, seriously pathetic.
Try Cogger or Wakeman in for Lewis next game.
Other than that we are out of options with this squad.
Just work the tackle bags extra hard at training, get their confidence up in defence so they trust their inside man in the defensive line.
That way at least we may hold the lesser teams to under 16 points and that will give us a chance to win a few games.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Katoa to start
Jmk to come off bench when it’s slowed down a lil
Katoa is also a bigger body

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Deadset wtf is the garbage I read here? We are meant to celebrate we managed to jag a win in a battle of the spoon with the dragons (is someone seriously bragging about this) and ignore the hidings either side of it to manly and the roosters? What about the loss to the cowboys who look woeful? Seriously. Our club is a joke. Pull your head out of your ass. There’s a handful of players worth keeping. The coach, the board and majority of the roster needs to go.

Tillo

Waterboy
Reaction score
As a 3rd generation Bulldogs supporter and bleeding blue and white for 40 years, I just don't understand why the last few years we don't go with basic common sense.

Agree with me or not, the common sense team should be;

Hopoate
Smith
Averillo
Harper
DWZ
Foran
Wakeham
Tolman
Katoa
Napa
Jackson
RFM
Elliott

JMK
To'omaga
Sue
Britt

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whilst the squad is ordinary / weak there are things which the club / Pay does that i just cannot understand it seems they are coaching etc in a different era. The continued selection of Meaney n Lewis, the signing of plodders like Stimson n Britt - Averillo can attack but his defence is the same as it was in the Juniors ie defensive reads - marks space (no development), forwards and DWZ who just charge into defences worked in the 80s 90s - now with fitness/ strength n gang tackling forwards need footwork!, attack that sets up to run "corner post to corner post" angles.

Interested to hear the excuses this week - not about the result but that first 20 minutes was diabolical - hope they ask about Lewis and his passing.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to create another Lewis thread tomorrow Arvo when Pay names him in the 7 once again.
Fuck that's depressing.

When even myself only basic footy experience could coach and select a better side. League is one of the most simple game you can play. With simple game plan which play to you strengths and try hit other teams weaknesses.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Amongst all the negatives tonight and there were plenty :tearsofjoy: I thought RT and RFM playing more minutes did fairly well. RFM generally gets rubbish ball from you know who but his post contact metres must be good. The Foran to Hoppa to DWZ wasn’t too bad either. FWZ kept J Moz fairly quiet.
I think the players are playing to the best of their ability. Hate em but Roosters are a refined class act. Was hoping for an upset but not surprised by the final score. Foran looked sharper as the game went on, he's been out for a while and looked fitter then last week. I truley believe the side is let down by the coaching staff. We run the same shape, selections are questionable. We had an off season and a covid mini off season, still zero attacking threat. Da fuck was Pay doing in iso?

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeh. But only 67 running metres.
Jackson hoppa and foz were the only ones that played well

No try’s were scored on Jackson’s side but all the try’s were scored on the other side

Jackson is still very strong defensively (35 tackles, 0 missed) and had a nice play for the try and saved one only moments before

But everyone on here what’s him to play like Jason Taumalalo, people have to realise his played years with shit fuks, most players would have given up long before him