Official Round 5 - Bulldogs vs Roosters - Discussion Thread (postponed till Monday night)

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, we atleast we did have one big win over the roosters.
Smashed them in the penalty count.
7 penaltys scored to 4.
EaT tHaT rooters!!!.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck pays pets (And
Happy Valley Wednesdays are my thing, love a punt
yup, happy valley is always good, I love the uk hurdles also, just have to stay up till early hours lol.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Amongst all the negatives tonight and there were plenty :tearsofjoy: I thought RT and RFM playing more minutes did fairly well. RFM generally gets rubbish ball from you know who but his post contact metres must be good. The Foran to Hoppa to DWZ wasn’t too bad either. DWZ kept J Moz fairly quiet.

Last edited:

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Robinson’s press conference. He was disappointed at their second half and letting in a try. This is one of the reasons why roosters have won back to back. He seeks improvements from his team despite the score board. Now that’s coaching.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on tonight I think we’ve got no choice but to re-sign Foran. We looked extremely dangerous whenever he had the ball, it’s just the players around him the reason we didn’t come up with more points. If he can stay on the field this year we must give him another 1-2

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMFG is that what Pay did. I missed that. Serioulsy wtf. I also noticed we kept bombing to the shortest winger in nrl who was up against the tallest and best in the air. Great tactics. I swear you couldn't make this up.
Averillo off, Harper on.

5 minutes later...

Meaney off, Averillo on.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are the changes i would be making, not saying it will make a world of difference but with what we have to work with:

Averillo to FB hoppa back to centre
DWZ and smith on the wings bring in harper or holland to the other centre position neither are great but that is what we have to work with
Jackson and elliot need to switch positions jacko cannot run a line to save his life anymore and elliot i think is a better attacking threat and jacko the slightly better defender.
Napa needs to come off the bench and toomaga to start until thompson is ready.
Lewis needs to be dropped not to the bench but out of the side never to return for wakeham.

Thats my say i garuntee these changes will improve the side that we have for the remainder of the season

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
JMK has his feet planted in cement at dummy half. Rarely moves from either side bringing the forward line with him. Hard working but offers no skill or vision in attack. Has now been 2 years at no.9 but have not seen any improvement.
No one doubts his work ethic, he tries hard but he isn’t cut out for first grade. He is living off his brothers name and one good pass in the pre season of 2018.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
40 missed tackles from us, 18 from rorts. We give teams way too many opportunities and second phase play. It's killing us ! For a basic team, we can't even get the basics right. It's painful to watch. Feel sorry for the odd individuals in the team that put in 100% and try their hearts out. Unfortunately alot out there don't have the heart, steel and talent to be in first grade.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it just me or did the refs give the Rorters piggybacks all the way up the field for the first 20 minutes of that game, tackle after tackle they ref was blowing Set Restart, Set Restart, Set Restart on every kickoff they received ffs, It’s little wonder they scored 3 trys within 20 minutes. Game was over before it begun!

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Meaney makes plenty meters each week, but they are all negative meters. Moving him to FB is not the asnswer.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s got to be
Averillo
Smith
Harper
Hoppa
DWZ
Foran
Wakeham

It just has to be
agree with all but Morgan.
Don’t get me wrong, was pushing hard for him until I heard last week he’s gone to Manly.

Hassler the ct can get f’d!!! Don’t blood this bloke and get him 1st grade ready for Hassler now. I’d rather keep losing, we’re shut anyway

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
agree with all but Morgan.
Don’t get me wrong, was pushing hard for him until I heard last week he’s gone to Manly.

Hassler the ct can get f’d!!! Don’t blood this bloke and get him 1st grade ready for Hassler now. I’d rather keep losing, we’re shut anyway
Yep totally get it and would usually agree, but if it means keeping Smith on the wing and actually playing people in their positions then I’d prefer it.