Official Round 5 - Bulldogs vs Roosters - Discussion Thread (postponed till Monday night)

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That will be the norm not only for us but others due to the fact there are no lower grades being played at the moment. If a side who is doing well has a raft of injuries they will not look too crash hot with a lot of players unfit and unable to keep up with the pace of first grade for anywhere close to 80 minutes.
The Roosters had JWH replaced by Tupounua, & Aubusson for Verrills the Roosters didn’t miss a beat, what’s your point?

Last edited:

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When your 85kilo winger runs the ball harder than the entire forward pack combined u know u have problems

what happened to the promise of teams waking up the next day knowing they played the bulldogs

what happened to the madness

what happened to scratching and clawing every centimetre first 80mins
Teams do wake up the next day knowing they played the bulldogs, there is no recovery session as it was a training run lol

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might be in the minority here. But was last night excessively bad? I know we got pumped. Our defence leaked soft tries. But I thought there were a few positives to come out of it.

I expected to get flogged. But I thought our attack showed some signs. We created 3 clear cut try scoring opportunities. Crichtons try was arguably a try. Averillo bombed a certain try with Lewis. Then the try we scored. It’s a good sign we could create these chances against the best defence in the league. Just execution let us down.

The next 3 weeks we have winnable games. Sharks, Tigers, Broncos. Win those 3 and we have the Rabbitohs next. If Foran stays fit in my opinion we could potentially win all 4. Chuck Thompson in as well.

I could be high with optimism. But fuck I just need something to have some kind of hope!!!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Teams do wake up the next day knowing they played the bulldogs, there is no recovery session as it was a training run lol
Trent Robinson should thank us for the free training run before they face the eels at that very same ground

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I might be in the minority here. But was last night excessively bad? I know we got pumped. Our defence leaked soft tries. But I thought there were a few positives to come out of it.

I expected to get flogged. But I thought our attack showed some signs. We created 3 clear cut try scoring opportunities. Crichtons try was arguably a try. Averillo bombed a certain try with Lewis. Then the try we scored. It’s a good sign we could create these chances against the best defence in the league. Just execution let us down.

The next 3 weeks we have winnable games. Sharks, Tigers, Broncos. Win those 3 and we have the Rabbitohs next. If Foran stays fit in my opinion we could potentially win all 4. Chuck Thompson in as well.

I could be high with optimism. But fuck I just need something to have some kind of hope!!!
It's frustration. How the fuck Lewis seems to have a mortgage on the halfback position despite him lacking the basic fundamentals of passing is beyond laughable...things like this that happen on a weekly basis are just killers.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not a single person in here has come up with any logical reasoning on how we could win this or keep it close. Its all just "feelings" and attention seeking in case we win so you can get some internet props.
This aged well

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first one was more Lewis who raced out of the line and didn't effect a dominate tackle on the previous tackle which allowed a fast play the ball and Keary came back to the other side of the ruck to take advantage of the numbers.
There were no numbers until he charged out of the line

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Roosters had JWH replaced by Tupounua, & Aubusson for Verrills the Roosters didn’t miss a beat, what’s your point?
My point is the general fitness of anyone outside the 17 will not be as good as it should be because they are not getting game time.

To be fair Aubusson and Tupounua have played three games each this year for the Roosters. If say in four weeks time a side loses a few top line players and they are replaced by guys who have not had a single game match fitness would be poor.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
We're keeping it at zero but we definitely ain't playing perfect...
What I am saying, is that even if we have patches of mistake free football and showing good attacking lines and holding the ball - it still creates zero.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I can sum up this thread in the words of Sir Bob Geldof.

"I don't like Mondays, I don't like Mondays, I don't like Mondays I wanna shoot, shoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot, the whole Pay down"

Fortuitous I heard this very song lying on the hospital bed yesterday. :grinning:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And they lost Cronk and Mitchell from last year. Morris twins are on peanuts.

I'd say the Morris twins got most of their coin from us and probably want for nothing. Brett's now got two premiership rings and josh will finally have his end of the year

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd say the Morris twins got most of their coin from us and probably want for nothing. Brett's now got two premiership rings and josh will finally have his end of the year
Bulldogs fan here: you sound like a roosters supporter , lame ass!