Official Round 5 - Bulldogs vs Roosters - Discussion Thread (postponed till Monday night)

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Keiron Foran was good about last night. Yeah we got flogged, but he was good in a poor team performance over all.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats exactly what I have been saying for 2 years. However the cap has a big bearing on that.
I agree and last night was the eye opener for me. It was like reserve trade playing against premiers. Roosters could have had 3 players sent off in the first five minutes and we still
Wouldn’t have beaten them.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yup glad I was asleep and didn’t watch this massacre

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have different opinions there mate.
He should’ve gone to jail. We lost two players for legally sleeping with school girls (which I think they did the wrong thing by the way) but Lodge and grubs like Blake Ferguson & Addin Fonua-Blake are playing. Doesn’t seem fair
Hes made a mistake, move on.

Like i said atleast he shows his face in adversity and has carried himself very well since.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hes made a mistake, move on.

Like i said atleast he shows his face in adversity and has carried himself very well since.
I think a lot of people would show their face if they were “rewarded” with 700k a year to play football. Who else would get a job paying 70k a year after doing what he did let alone 700k. We don’t have to agree but if Kaz wants to spend time on a bulldogs forum and make comments about our team she’s going to cop it back, particularly when her team got flogged by even more

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a lot of people would show their face if they were “rewarded” with 700k a year to play football. Who else would get a job paying 70k a year after doing what he did let alone 700k. We don’t have to agree but if Kaz wants to spend time on a bulldogs forum and make comments about our team she’s going to cop it back, particularly when her team got flogged by even more
Whatever.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I beg to differ the Hughes’ & Andersons’ aren’t as tight as you think- brother Mark is being sidelined & Lynne is allowing this to happen. She is going to come under very intense scrutiny.
Puhleeese God not anotherrrr Family Feud at the club.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And I have no problem with different opinions and reasonable debate mate - not sure where my post implied otherwise.
I'm no Pay loyalist as I've been accused of being. I just think the issues run deeper than him alone and sacking him now would not be a panacea. Many will disagree and that's fine - it's not like it's my decision :-).
So we'll see what unfolds...in the meantime, I will continue to support my team and others can please themselves.
I am not criticizing nor directing any accusations towards you, I feel that we can have a civilized conversation,
I respect Pay and all the people who are genuinely doing their best to bettering our club and I truly hoped they would succeed, but a line has to be drawn and questions needs to be asked.
Are they succeeding doing what is essential to improve our situation ?
I believe we have missed out on many signings since December 2019.
I believe Pay's lack of experience is the reason.
Do we continue with Pay purely out of loyalty knowing it will cost us chances to attract marquee players ultimately fail rebuilding the team for 2021 ?
I fear the consequences of missing the boat again that will lead to delays rebuilding the team by two to three years more.
My loyalty is for Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs, the blue and white jersey and all who proudly wears and represents it !
But...Changes needs to be made urgently !!!
Then again who am I to know anything...I am only a TK enthusiast :grinning:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing like playing the Premiers to know where we are at.
Still a fair way off last years giant killers end of year finish.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ogden looked embarrassingly out of condition.
That will be the norm not only for us but others due to the fact there are no lower grades being played at the moment. If a side who is doing well has a raft of injuries they will not look too crash hot with a lot of players unfit and unable to keep up with the pace of first grade for anywhere close to 80 minutes.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didnt watch the game last night so i just watched the highlights ,two of the first three Roosters tries were completely handed to them by Averrilo running out of the line and tackling no one leaving a giant hole to stroll through, he really has some learning to do defensively! At this stage he isnt going to be our saviour unless he learns to stay in the line.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didnt watch the game last night so i just watched the highlights ,two of the first three Roosters tries were completely handed to them by Averrilo running out of the line and tackling no one leaving a giant hole to stroll through, he really has some learning to do defensively! At this stage he isnt going to be our saviour unless he learns to stay in the line.
The first one was more Lewis who raced out of the line and didn't effect a dominate tackle on the previous tackle which allowed a fast play the ball and Keary came back to the other side of the ruck to take advantage of the numbers.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tolman is huge too this side . We could not control their ruck speed . It was a game off tough footy for them .

in all honesty though Tedesco is just on another planet . The amount off touches he has in a game and influence is freakish . He’s quickly becoming a top 10 player too ever play. Who knows what he will achieve by the end off his career.