Official Round 5 Bulldogs V Storm - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shit start to the season, now low on confidence that requires a reset.
Had the covid bubble week affecting training after Brisbane but now we start with a new attitood.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz mate..it makes more sense to play Hoppa at FB and leave butter fingers Dall on the wing.

Baz starting to look like a loser coach with Napa decision as well :(
That will happen next week, it's DWZ's turn this week, Game 5 - 3 different fullbacks so far?, starting to look a lot like last year's team under Pay, the big difference is we weren't kept scoreless & lost a few close games against big opposition, This year we have no scapegoats' - (Tolman, Holland, Montoya, Lewis, Cogger, Sue, etc. )

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cotric is paying 4.20 to score anytime. Highest odds I've seen on a winger.
Law of fkn averages mean we will score a try tomorrow and Cotric the most likely so multi that up with a dogs headstart +28 and thank me later

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought we might get away with only 6 lots of 6 again against us to zero. With Sutton I think I’ll up that to 10 now.
But don't worry, once we are down by a cricket score with 10min to go, he'll give us a bucketful of 6-agains. Each on the first tackle while we are 10m from our own tryline, of course. Just to even the end-game stats.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But don't worry, once we are down by a cricket score with 10min to go, he'll give us a bucketful of 6-agains. Each on the first tackle while we are 10m from our own tryline, of course. Just to even the end-game stats.
I watched the South’s game last night and I have no doubt that the gap between the top teams and the bottom teams has a fair bit to do with the refs.

Of course it’s not the whole reason but South’s got a lot of good calls last night. The penalties ended up 6-3 to them but at one stage it was 5-0.

The broncos held on for 60 minutes but like us they ran out of juice in the last 20 and a lot of that related to weight of possession caused by lopsided penalty counts.

The biggest example last week was when Latrell blatantly knocked the ball out of Hoppas hands but he just assumed because we are shit and South’s are good that he dropped it. Luckily we got it overturned but it should have never happened

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched the South’s game last night and I have no doubt that the gap between the top teams and the bottom teams has a fair bit to do with the refs.

Of course it’s not the whole reason but South’s got a lot of good calls last night. The penalties ended up 6-3 to them but at one stage it was 5-0.

The broncos held on for 60 minutes but like us they ran out of juice in the last 20 and a lot of that related to weight of possession caused by lopsided penalty counts.

The biggest example last week was when Latrell blatantly knocked the ball out of Hoppas hands but he just assumed because we are shit and South’s are good that he dropped it. Luckily we got it overturned but it should have never happened
Yup, 57th, 67th, 70th minute when it was 24-6 or so. Right on par with the refs, give a spate of penalties close together when the game is basically out of reach. Didn't see the end of the game, but wouldn't surprise me if Souffs were a bit gassed so the penalties helped them. Like the the two bunker calls in close succession for us last week that gave Souffs a breather from the pressure we were putting on them.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That will happen next week, it's DWZ's turn this week, Game 5 - 3 different fullbacks so far?, starting to look a lot like last year's team under Pay, the big difference is we weren't kept scoreless & lost a few close games against big opposition, This year we have no scapegoats' - (Tolman, Holland, Montoya, Lewis, Cogger, Sue, etc. )
It's only early with a very challenged roster. We gave Dean a bit longer so lets hang in there.

But yes I am concerned about some of the selections already.

With definates in Button and JAC, we have lots to feel more confident about in 2022.

Maybe concentrating on that is what we have to hold onto at present and they will improve throughout the year as they gell.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's disappointing that we will probably lose this one and lose our winning record against the Storm.

We have the best record of any current team vs Melbourne but it's been one way traffic in the Storms favour for a while now.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like many on here can't believe butter fingers is FB. Paps and co will have a field day with attacking us in the air. Let alone our paper thin defence.

Only way for a win is if storm don't turn up and every player has their best game of their careers.

If we score 2 tries and only Leak 30 points I'd see that as an improvement.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like many on here can't believe butter fingers is FB. Paps and co will have a field day with attacking us in the air. Let alone our paper thin defence.

Only way for a win is if storm don't turn up and every player has their best game of their careers.

Do you mean “literally” not turn up ?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Look, we can all see that the team is deficient in so many areas. I can't help but think, that come round ten ,when all bets are off and players can be selected without needing to fill out reams of paperwork and justifying why they should be selected due to injury etc. some of the dead wood that is currently on show will be shown the door to the reggies coach and asked to ply their trade there. Deitz, Schoupp are two that come to mind that will get a run. Doorey, Smith, might also get a jersey. Hopefully Napa is banished to the lower grades where he can bludge as much as he likes and just go through the motions because that is exactly what he is doing in first grade at the moment. I am so disappointed in him and Ogden who run with the impact of a wet stick of celery and miss tackles at will....

Our season is cooked no matter how you look at it...round five this week and still no win and very little points in us. Let some of the players who have not tasted first grade have a go..........

Reactions: TAS

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
and the week 5 negativity is now in full swing :-) fmd.

Wen and anybody esle WHO replaces the slug Napa on the bench if Baz punts him? I don't rate him like everyone else but is Ava fit?
The fat lady who sings would have just as much an effect as Napa. It is a difficult question but I would even give Smith a run and put Jackson in the front row.......think Ava is still compromised.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Not just butter fingers in thhe air.

Munsters/Hughes' bouncing in goal grubbers are a worry for him to collect as well.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fat lady who sings would have just as much an effect as Napa. It is a difficult question but I would even give Smith a run and put Jackson in the front row.......think Ava is still compromised.
The thing surprises me about Napa is that he is off contract and still not putting in. Is he too stupid to realise he is off contract ?? He is dropping his value every game he plays.

All of the other guys off contract are not playing well but at least they are having a go

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The thing surprises me about Napa is that he is off contract and still not putting in. Is he too stupid to realise he is off contract ?? He is dropping his value every game he plays.

All of the other guys off contract are not playing well but at least they are having a go
That is a pretty fair comment. I think back too to the issues he has had on and off field and with the stupidity of players these days a lot of clubs will start to put their foot down and be wary of signing them, especially if they are lazy on field. He is twenty eight years of age and not doing himself any favours as he could quite conceivable have four years left at least in the top level. I reckon the Big Papi incident was known about by the Roosters and that along with his suspensions etc. gave them a good reason to want him off their books.