Official Round 5 Bulldogs V Storm - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I spoke to a cabbie many years ago and he told me a story of a friend that put that sort of money on the Aussies in cricket against Sri Lanka and the the odds were around the same not to mention they had never won a game at that oval and their record on our home soil was atrocious. anyway he thought he could get a free expensive dinner for the wife but ended up losing it all - Sri lanka won and he drove cabs.
There's a famous EPL story about betting.

Tottenham were beating Manchester United 3-0 at half time and a guy bet his whole savings (he was engaged and was saving for a wedding) on Tottenham to win the game. Second half Man Utd scored 5 goals, win the game 5-3 and the poor guy lost it all

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
zero points again this week now Averillo is in the halves
We scored zero points 3 weeks in a row but I wouldn’t be putting it down to one guy. Also Averillo did not play last week and we still scored zero points.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats one of the things that i like Baz he doesn't play games with the team line up.
It always pissed me off the way Derp Hasler played stupid games.
One thing I like about Baz is that he praises the effort but also emphasises that effort alone isn’t
good enough to win nrl games. I thought Pay rewarded guys who put in effort but lacked ability

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Expect the mandatory 6 lots of 6 again against the dogs in the first half. Storm are fast starters and with the 6 agains could rack up a score against us. They will come out of the block firing. Hopefully our boys will aim up.

Reactions: DT

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Waddells not going anywhere. We need to get used to seeing him in the top 17. When baz signed him I had to ask a few mates who the fuck is Waddell.

Reactions: DT

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One thing I like about Baz is that he praises the effort but also emphasises that effort alone isn’t
good enough to win nrl games. I thought Pay rewarded guys who put in effort but lacked ability
JMK case in point. JMK was to pay what Waddell is to TB.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Storm's at a $1.03 to win, obviously this isn't enough of sure thing for the NRL so we have a Sutton reffing just to make sure of it...
I thought we might get away with only 6 lots of 6 again against us to zero. With Sutton I think I’ll up that to 10 now.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK case in point. JMK was to pay what Waddell is to TB.
I think Waddell is only getting picked because our other options are not there. Baz was quoted in the pre season as saying one of his weaknesses at Manly was getting too close to the players.

To me that would make it hard to drop blokes or come down on them when you have to.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will look competitive up to the 10 min mark or until the Storm score their first of many tries.

Trick is if we can actually score a try in the only decent 10 min period we show in our recent games, we MAY keep the deficit to under 20 points.
And not go 4 consecutive games without a try and be absolutely humiliated as a club more than we already are