Official Round 5 Bulldogs V Storm - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why see it through if it's not working though? We were hopeful he could do well there but he can't or doesn't pass and his best asset is his finishing and dummy half runs. Plus he struggles with defensive reads at centre.. So I think it's great he's back where he belongs.
So Baz admits he can't coach an Aust rep winger to play centre, after 4 games, when he knew he knew Cotric was bought to play there :(

May be this is just temporary till the team gets on their feet.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Jackson and Hopoate side by side defending an edge? Fraught with danger. Both have the lateral movement of a pelican and turn like the Queen Mary.

Waddells doing a solid job so far. Least of our worries.
did you notice Hopoate defending on the inside of Flanagan few times against Souths? The problem last game was the middle, like swiss cheese in the middle and around to ruck. I maintain our shit pathetic cream puff pack is our biggest problem including bunching in the middle in the defensive line allow other teams easy overlaps when they move the ball out side.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Our oproblems are the other softies on the field (bar Hetherington, Jackson, Elliot and Thommo off course).
Hope our only runner finds a different line to run on Saturday.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Why see it through if it's not working though? We were hopeful he could do well there but he can't or doesn't pass and his best asset is his finishing and dummy half runs. Plus he struggles with defensive reads at centre.. So I think it's great he's back where he belongs.
It's not working because of our shit hooker and shit middles... Everything unfolds from there.

Literally all you get now are his kicks returns as he's now closer to the sideline and with our attack won't see the ball. Seeing that we were already getting his kick returns alot when he was swapping with Meaney it seems like a pointless move

Alomati is not ready for first grade next year imo. Hopoate should not be retained and Allan is meh. So for me that means Cotric and Schoupp should be 2022 centre pairing, so fucking with that now makes no sense to me.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He does pass ....to the linesman

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone explain what Tui Katao brings as a winger? I can justify other positions with something or another.

But legit what does Tui bring.. Speed? Nope. Skill? Nope. Safety? Nope. Size? Nope.

Our last resort option is the only justification

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
did you notice Hopoate defending on the inside of Flanagan few times against Souths? The problem last game was the middle, like swiss cheese in the middle and around to ruck. I maintain our shit pathetic cream puff pack is our biggest problem including bunching in the middle in the defensive line allow other teams easy overlaps when they move the ball out side.
Britt-any and Homer Stimson directly contributed to two tries up the middle in their limited stint

That’s -12 points

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yuck DWZ is playing FB. Wonder how many errors this week.

I'll be lucky if I get to halftime watching this shit show
Exactly i was about to say how the fuck can we be boosted by someone who drops the ball constantly!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can someone explain what Tui Katao brings as a winger? I can justify other positions with something or another.

But legit what does Tui bring.. Speed? Nope. Skill? Nope. Safety? Nope. Size? Nope.

Who put him in Top 30. Let's hunt them down!

Last edited:

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Of course it’s our last option he brings the fact that he isn’t injured okunbor and Crichton would both be picked ahead of him

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's not working because of our shit hooker and shit middles... Everything unfolds from there.

Literally all you get now are his kicks returns as he's now closer to the sideline and with our attack won't see the ball. Seeing that we were already getting his kick returns alot when he was swapping with Meaney it seems like a pointless move

Alomati is not ready for first grade next year imo. Hopoate should not be retained and Allan is meh. So for me that means Cotric and Schoupp should be 2022 centre pairing, so fucking with that now makes no sense to me.
If Cotric isn't going to be playing in the centres next year we need Naden. I think Schoupp ready for next year.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hate to bag out Baz but that has been a big mistake IMO. Hopoate is no threat on either side whereas Cotric has speed, power and a left hand fend. I was looking forward to him getting early ball and let him go 1 on 1 with his opponent at right centre.
Maybe Barrett thought a left edge of Cotric and Carr will work.. Though surely throwing him in at right centre is worth a shot before giving him the JAC walk in spot.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

I think Katoa is being picked because he's last man left and we F'd up the top 30.