Official Round 5 Bulldogs V Storm - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well it has to be a prop for Napa(as i said i think he is no good too)and Hoppa who else we got to play in the backline to replace him? I honestly can't think of anybody on our list atm?
I know. I'm just venting :grinning:

But honestly I would drop them just to show these guys that if you are out of form, causing tries against your team mates with half hearted efforts, you get a few chances to make good. If not you go back to Mounties and earn the right to play fg with your mates.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks like we might be throwing it around

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If Barrett keeps playing favourites it will end badly for him,will the board be so patient ?
Bit of a myth in my opinion mate. When RFM had 1 game under his belt he came straight into the starting side for Waddell. I think if somebody is jumping out of their skin he’ll put Waddell on the bench. Reality is they are not right now.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yep well i'm happy for it to happen too just struggling to see who replaces Hoppa if they arse him(promoting Schoupp unlikely?)and Napa well i'd give Ava a go in his place, he is in the 30 now but i do not know if he is fit to play this week.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well it has to be a prop for Napa(as i said i think he is no good too)and Hoppa who else we got to play in the backline to replace him? I honestly can't think of anybody on our list atm?
Chris Smith puts in more than Napa. I'd play him even up front if we cant juggle the team around.

Its a travesty to keep playing Napa for ineffective, stumbling, bumbling minutes.

Rant over. Sorry all but he is the very core personified of what is wrong with our team.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I remember when DWZ played fb for us in his first year there were lots of good comments about his ability to organise the defensive line. I know he has an error or two in him but we may see a big improvement in our defence this week with Dal at the back.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully Cotric gets a chance at right centre some time soon. That’s where he can show whether he is a centre or not.

As for the swapping and changing I don’t mind that. It’s clear we won’t make the finals so experimenting with blokes in different positions makes sense especially when we have so many off contract.

Napa and Hoppa should be sat out a few games during the year as well as neither will be re-signed so let’s give some young blokes a go

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Chris Smith puts in more than Napa. I'd play him even up front if we cant juggle the team around.

Its a travesty to keep playing Napa for ineffective, stumbling, bumbling minutes.

Rant over. Sorry all but he is the very core personified of what is wrong with our team.
Napa's only playing because of his pay packet.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Balance of that backline is all wrong and it's starting to show the lack of foresight and little idea Barrett has to fix this.
We knew this from the start though... Barrett and co do not know the players like we do. He is feeling his way around the team trying players every week in every position available even during games. It just so happens that DWZ gets another shot at FB under Barrett.... This will not be the last transition in the side, we might even see Hoppa back at some stage.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember when DWZ played fb for us in his first year there were lots of good comments about his ability to organise the defensive line. I know he has an error or two in him but we may see a big improvement in our defence this week with Dal at the back.
The errors have been costly but not excessive and he isnt alone there, imo he has mostly been ok for us.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They have also left Paul Alamoti out the ball side. Unsure of reason why. Did he get a knock last week or those in the know is he going up?

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have also left Paul Alamoti out the ball side. Unsure of reason why. Did he get a knock last week or those in the know is he going up?
??????? he plays sgball

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure about that backline, but with all the injuries and lack of depth, we don’t have many options.

I’d go:

1. Allan
2. DWZ
3. Cotric
4. Hopoate
5. Katoa