Official Round 5 Bulldogs V Storm - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That is a pretty fair comment. I think back too to the issues he has had on and off field and with the stupidity of players these days a lot of clubs will start to put their foot down and be wary of signing them, especially if they are lazy on field. He is twenty eight years of age and not doing himself any favours as he could quite conceivable have four years left at least in the top level. I reckon the Big Papi incident was known about by the Roosters and that along with his suspensions etc. gave them a good reason to want him off their books.
Let's face it this guy is no Einstein. Me either for that matter ...but ....he's been on 650k for 3 years at least.

Since he was 20 he has had something like 4 million in contracts (conservative figure)

He looks like he figures (probably as the most unlikely kid at school to do good)...he certainly has and can now put himself out to pasture.

There's no fire in the belly left to warrant fighting for another contract.

If so SL will be all he will aim for.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sad...as much as one Josh Reynolds was lambasted for his time here he is killing it in the ESL.....it is the perfect environment for him although unfortunately he is now injured. A fair bit of impact in a few games setting up tries and scoring them too. They are waxing lyrical about him in the Old Dart...

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's face it this guy is no Einstein. Me either for that matter ...but ....he's been on 650k for 3 years at least.

Since he was 20 he has had something like 4 million in contracts (conservative figure)

He looks like he figures (probably as the most unlikely kid at school to do good)...he certainly has and can now put himself out to pasture.

There's no fire in the belly left to warrant fighting for another contract.

Yep agreed.

Unfortunately though most of our squad have regressed the last few years. I can’t really name any of our players who are better now than they were 4 years ago.

Maybe Elliott but that’s about it.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yup, 57th, 67th, 70th minute when it was 24-6 or so. Right on par with the refs, give a spate of penalties close together when the game is basically out of reach. Didn't see the end of the game, but wouldn't surprise me if Souffs were a bit gassed so the penalties helped them. Like the the two bunker calls in close succession for us last week that gave Souffs a breather from the pressure we were putting on them.
When Renouf was held up and the ref was standing right there but sends it up to give Souffs a rest

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Renouf was held up and the ref was standing right there but sends it up to give Souffs a rest
I don't think anyone even appealed for a try.

Then the bunker had 17,547 looks at the second one, even though the knock on was obvious from the first replay.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sad...as much as one Josh Reynolds was lambasted for his time here he is killing it in the ESL.....it is the perfect environment for him although unfortunately he is now injured. A fair bit of impact in a few games setting up tries and scoring them too. They are waxing lyrical about him in the Old Dart...
He was a polarizing figure Joshy but he did "bring the passion".

That chant to put him on was a testament to his popularity as an effort player for us.

Those days long gone atm.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was a polarizing figure Joshy but he did "bring the passion".

That chant to put him on was a testament to his popularity as an effort player for us.

Those days long gone atm.
I thought he was great for us. Played 6 full seasons of first grade for us at 5/8th and we made the semis 5 of those years and grand final twice.

He got a stupid contract from the Tigers and that was that. We did the right thing by not competing with their offer

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I thought he was great for us. Played 6 full seasons of first grade for us at 5/8th and we made the semis 5 of those years and grand final twice.

He got a stupid contract from the Tigers and that was that. We did the right thing by not competing with their offer
Cant blame him for taking money like that.

Dib said he would always be welcomed back at the club so I assume the current Admin feel the same.

He'd be a great water runner lol

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still hope they lose. For all his size, Kikau never runs at a forward, and almost never tackles one
Fair enough, but would you prefer him or Stimson, Britt, Waddell, Jackson or Atoni....

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair enough, but would you prefer him or Stimson, Britt, Waddell, Jackson or Atoni....
Of course Kikau, so long as he actually played like a 2RF and didn’t hide out on the wing like he has all 2nd half in this game

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can't say I didn't expect it. His main focus should be getting our sets rolling and pushing 20 runs a game. Let him drift infield at times in attack and play off the inside shoulder and he may cause some trouble for the defence. He will offer us fat more value playing like that.
He's a winger. The only one that thought he was a centre was himself.
He will again excel on the wing and to be honest who gives a toss what we paid him !
He will be worth it.

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The biggest question is which minute of the game we will finally break a drought in. Or will we go another 80 minutes without a point. The whole thing is just getting more and more depressing.

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If the dogs lose by a score line like 74 - 0 Barrett (as much as I hope he does well) will be gone within a few days. Big game for him.