Official Round 5 Bulldogs V Storm - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was that even legal? I couldnt help but think pushing a player offside into the defensive line is even legal??
Not too sure if it's legal. You would think if a player gets penalised for pushing an opponent contesting the ball during a kick or following an attacking raid, then why doesn't it apply on a defender getting pushed trying to get back in the line. And in our case, player was pushed into another defender taking him out of the contest to make the tackle. A form of obstruction. That play was a big turning point in any case.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not too sure if it's legal. You would think if a player gets penalised for pushing an opponent contesting the ball during a kick or following an attacking raid, then why doesn't it apply on a defender getting pushed trying to get back in the line. And in our case, player was pushed into another defender taking him out of the contest to make the tackle. A form of obstruction. That play was a big turning point in any case.
Bruce McGuire got penalised for something similar in the 1989 grand final

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hes offside. he shouldnt be there. if he wasnt there he wouldnt be pushed. get onside.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Has been for years but we are fast approaching the most critical recruitment and retention window for the club that decides what the next decade looks like for us.
Is the guy from Parra any good (or better than the guy from Tigers or better than the guy from Manly :(

Reactions: ATT

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still expecting a couple of last minute changes prior to kick off.

I reckon Tui Katoa gets dropped and DWZ plays wing.

Then, Averillo plays fullback.

And Then Wakeham will start at 6.

The other option may be Cotric at fullback in a straight switch with DWZ

Just my guess anyway.

I honestly thought that Waddell should have got a spell this week as some of his defence has been unacceptable. Then only out of necessity I would put Jacko on the edge to tighten the D - Atoni back to lock as he did ok there last week & bring in Doorey on the bench.
I also would have dropped Nappa for Smith.

Perhaps he is persisting with Nappa just incase Panthers have a middle forward injury crisis - then take him for Burton.... Highly unlikely though.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Incorrect he is in top 30 where as Dietz isn't.

However I watched him in reggie's last week and he ain't exactly putting his hand up for selection.. neither was Chris Smith..
Yeah right, i thought he was still development.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why do people keep pushing the Avo to FB narrative???

1. We play the storm this week. Not ideal to debut in such an important position, against one of the best teams atm.

2. Can he play FB? And no. I'm not talking about attack. Does he have enough confidence to scream and yell to organise the pack in defence? I think not.

3. He is soft. Needs a year or two more in reserve grade to gain confidence and balls.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hes offside. he shouldnt be there. if he wasnt there he wouldnt be pushed. get onside.
Yes he was offside running back as last man of the tackle and therefore defender is out of play. Britt or Waddell I think who where onside had their teamate pushed into them with precision. Well done by Cook for being clever and exploiting it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yes he was offside running back as last man of the tackle and therefore defender is out of play. Britt or Waddell I think who where onside had their teamate pushed into them with precision. Well done by Cook for being clever and exploiting it.
Another part of the armoury of a good dummy half

Chriso86

Waterboy
Reaction score
cotric back to wing, still on wrong side thou, guessing baz was trying to get him going left side so he had Burton,cotric and jac on one side

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And where the Fuck is Doorey?? & Dietz??? I bet you these 2 players will be picked up by other teams at some stage and we will have another, Thurston/ Cook situation on our hands, Barrett seems to be following the trend of his predecessors and putting the same team on the field only swapping positions around, You can not put a square peg into a round hole, You'd think he would try and bring on some new players seeing we have not scored a point in 240 mins of football, What the fuck is Hoppa & Kotoa still doing on the team when we are chasing one of the fastest units in the league? and why the hell would you put DWZ at fullback when even Pay could see he had feet for hands, he is going to get the shit bombed out of him. I'm sorry guys, you're all going to say I'm negative but this is going to be all out for 70+ I'm not just negative, I'm down right fucking angry.
as much as i agree DWZ handling is bad at times when he is on he is great, and even if he plays on the wing he still needs to catch bombs..

i like how barrett is trying different options to see what works.