Official Round 4 Vs Warrior

Doggystyle99

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We will struggle against them 100%
Their forward pack is better than ours. Our backline might be better, however their backline aren't scared to take hard carries, so they will burn us out eventually.
If we are to win, we need to simply kick them into corners and cut out the bullshit errors.

It's good Egan is out, Lussick will come in, but hopefully more time for error and penalty magnet Tevaga.
just put him in my SC draft team… knowing my luck he’ll be sin binned in the first half

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Need to use our bench far better than we have.Our opponents seem to outlast us at the backend of games.
Well indeed. From what I can see we didn’t even use Okunbor at all yesterday. Amazing!
During H1/ last 10 min & H2 / first 20min, the extra pair of fresh legs might have proved handy to help spread fatigue a little more.

Otherwise I’d agree, we seemed to fade more in last 15min v Tigers under same conditions.

After that major energy sapping effort in 35-38C heat yesterday, it will take a few days for the boys to physically & mentally recover, including a flight to NZ late in the week, for next weeks away Warriors match.
Tough call to back up in NZ next week. Managing bench rotations will be even more critical. Some added speed injected @ critical times off the bench will be a major benefit (KO?)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ciro haa
Well indeed. From what I can see we didn’t even use Okunbor at all yesterday. Amazing!
During H1/ last 10 min & H2 / first 20min, the extra pair of fresh legs might have proved handy to help spread fatigue a little more.

Otherwise I’d agree, we seemed to fade more in last 15min v Tigers under same conditions.

After that major energy sapping effort in 35-38C heat yesterday, it will take a few days for the boys to physically & mentally recover, including a flight to NZ late in the week, for next weeks away Warriors match.
Tough call to back up in NZ next week. Managing bench rotations will be even more critical. Some added speed injected @ critical times off the bench will be a major benefit (KO?)
Ciro has the firepower to improve the team at hand. Just a case of whether he is prepared to do it.

Major mistake not to use all his bench in that fatiguing heat as well.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I like the way Ciraldo has been mixing up the half, back rower, centre, wing depending on the situation. More than once JAC played inside Kikau who had Burton outside of him with Alamoti on the wing. Did the same on the RHS, with Kiraz inside Preston and Averillo on the wing. Makes it a farkin nightmare for the opposition to line up against in defence. Numbers on the back mean even less than normal when they play that mix and match structure.

Always a Bulldog

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
major mistake is using Okonbor on the bench...fukin easte of a sub...what the hec was Ciraldo thinking?
I think he blames himself for Round 1 blowout, when they brought Kiraz in for a suprise HIA he had no one that could fill in out wide that had experience playing in that Position. I think he moved Avo to wing and Preston to Centre, I assume RFM was on the edge. But it mucked up all the defensive patterns and made it too easy for Manly to make breaks down that side.

He wanted to be prepared for it, thinking that HIA will be a much bigger impact to strategies this year.

Though if he has that much confidence in OK defence, either he is a sandwich short a picnic, or done lots of work with him in the offseason.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he blames himself for Round 1 blowout, when they brought Kiraz in for a suprise HIA he had no one that could fill in out wide that had experience playing in that Position. I think he moved Avo to wing and Preston to Centre, I assume RFM was on the edge. But it mucked up all the defensive patterns and made it too easy for Manly to make breaks down that side.

He wanted to be prepared for it, thinking that HIA will be a much bigger impact to strategies this year.

Though if he has that much confidence in OK defence, either he is a sandwich short a picnic, or done lots of work with him in the offseason.
That’s what I thought. Ok is good cover as he can play wing or in the forwards. It just seems like yesterday we could have really used a fresh guy to help out as we crumbled.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Thats a good point. But that issue could have been solved with having Josh on the bench. Jr to half, burton to centre etc in the case you argued

Josh should have been on bench and tigers game is perfect example. He would have came on with very fresh legs, seniority and major experience in dealing with that sort of pressure and he would have led the young boys around and tigers wouldn't have had a chance to come back late like they did

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The lack lustre effort in the last 15 minutes just confirms what I have said before. Its times like that, that leadership is needed.
It seemed to go missing in that period.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
major mistake is using Okonbor on the bench...fukin easte of a sub...what the hec was Ciraldo thinking?
Yes good point what was even Okunbor doing there in the first place, given CC was not prepared to use him. Really needs some firepower there to bring on & ……use it. We all saw how relatively easily a fatigued Burton stepped thru Tigers defence late on.

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Need at least 3 forwards on the bench, maybe even a fourth.

If we have a utility, I'd actually go with Reynolds. I think coming on in the last 20min he could cause some damage with fresh legs against the big Warriors pack. KO is an option but for his development, best he plays halfback in reserves. He was good yesterday, but he definitely still has some way to go in his development.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warriors game will be a grind out. I’m not even looking at yesterdays game as a gauge. Full on 80 minute performance with a low scoring game. Warriors look solid the first 3 rounds. Tbh, Dogs have much more spark. Sustainability is paramount for Dogs and it will be much more bearable weather. Dogs by 4