Official Round 4 Vs Warrior

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worried about the burn out from todays game in near 40 degree heat, that takes it out of you for awhile and then the travels to NZ. Winnable but we’ll be very tough.
Yeah recovery from a game like today takes longer than normal. It's bad timing to have to go to NZ. I fear a flat performance will be in the cards.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The collapse like that won’t happen again this season because we aren’t playing in 40 degree heat with our depth forwards again hopefully and Ciraldo hopefully uses his bench much better next week
All I know is that we cannot take any team lightly and start playing 80 Min football. Like I said, we are at 60 mins at best.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I know is that we cannot take any team lightly and start playing 80 Min football. Like I said, we are at 60 mins at best.
At least all the boys seem to acknowledge it. I think I read somewhere that the style we are playing we have more players in motion or something and therefore will use more energy than some other teams. As weather cools down, likely to be less noticeable.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not being negative but I can't see us winning this, yesterdays performance turned me off big time.

We have had 2 putrid performances and 1 good one against a depleted Storm. Plus we are a 60 minute team at best.
This is pretty much it.

The Storm had probably their worst lineup on paper in the last 10 years last week.

What happened at the backend of the Tigers game was alarming to say the least. It might have been hot but it was hot for both sides. We were gassed not long into the second half. We should have put the sword to them yesterday. Both mental and physical fatigue looked to be an big issue.

Regardless of the heat yesterday. I feel our overall fitness & conditioning is down on other teams. A total new crew in the fitness team this year but it all looks very familiar.

I also think playing in those temperatures and conditions yesterday. Combined with the travel could be a real problem for us next weekend. Hope they get some good recovery sessions.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not being negative but I can't see us winning this, yesterdays performance turned me off big time.

We have had 2 putrid performances and 1 good one against a depleted Storm. Plus we are a 60 minute team at best.
Chin up mate. We are in the best position we have been in at the start to a season for many manybyears.

Even if we lose to warriors enjoy it my friend. We are on the way up

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TPJ fittest hes ever been, misses first 8 rounds , thats so annoying. Our pack is so light, Pele will add some size and go forward alongside king but the rest could get bullied by AFB and their pack

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah we are 2-1 and seeing signs of improvement and good rugby we havent seen in years, yes we played a horrible 20 minutes yesterday but even for the first 60 we werent out of second gear and was still 26-6 up, in previous years, we d have been 30 points down. This team will get more confident after every win and has quality in it big time, on paper we can certainly beat the warriors, positive signs for us so far.
Chin up mate. We are in the best position we have been in at the start to a season for many manybyears.

Even if we lose to warriors enjoy it my friend. We are on the way up

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Warriors will be a big test, our middles collapsed again yesterday and Warriors pack will punish us if the same happens.

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK.. so while I maybe agree what's your beef with him, size? I see he played only 12 minutes today had 3 hitups one I saw was pretty good lol and 12 tackles.

We have literally no-one with whose out and their various issues at the minute.If King goes down(geez I hope not)we probably will have to get another exemption or borrow someone.
he just looked really slow. defence was average as well. not my favourite

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
90 minutes from our bench yesterday. That's why we faded yesterday, in the heat thinking the game was done and dusted. They simply clocked off because they were gassed. All of the tigers tries came from a lack of effort in defence. Players were simply too tired to push across in defence just in case there was an offload. And thats exactly what happened.

We have no bench at the moment. I don't know what the answer is but aside from Waddell, Ciraldo just doesn't have confidence in anyone else to replace any of the other starting forward pack.

If we can manage to overcome this period and pick up enough wins then I think we will be beautifully placed once TPJ, Patolo, Davey and Thompson are available. Add to that I dont think we will be waiting too long to see Oloapu come in at halfback. Flanagan holds his own in defence but offers very little in attack. He is really just treading water.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At least all the boys seem to acknowledge it. I think I read somewhere that the style we are playing we have more players in motion or something and therefore will use more energy than some other teams. As weather cools down, likely to be less noticeable.
I think we definitely need to work more on our fitness and bench rotation but I reckon this played a part in making the end game fade out even worse, for sure. What I would love to see is how many metres each team's players ran without the ball. When you compare the number of support runners and the urgency in both attack and defence between Dogs and Tigers in the first 60 minutes, we outran them by a country mile. Same as in previous weeks, the Tigers were slow and unenthused, which probably worked to their advantage. We played high intensity footy in 35 degree heat and ran ourselves ragged. By the time a fresh half came on for them, we were gassed.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah recovery from a game like today takes longer than normal. It's bad timing to have to go to NZ. I fear a flat performance will be in the cards.
Agreed mate, we might look the goods for half the game but that brick well hits pretty hard when it happens.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Gonna need those early set starters from Kiraz & Alamoti again. Need to use Okka if he’s on the bench again. I think we get the W Sunday. Even if it’s another scrappy win I’ll take it coz these are the ones that count at the end of the regular season.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It wont happen but for this game I wish we name this team:

01. Hayze Perham
02. Jeral Skelton
03. Jacob Kiraz
04. Paul Alamoti
05. Josh Addo-Carr
06. Matt Burton
07. Kyle Flanagan
08. Max King
09. Reed Mahoney
10. Ryan Sutton
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Jacob Preston
13. Raymond Faitala-Mariner

14. Fa'amanu Brown
15. Jackson Topine
16. Corey Waddell
17. Franklin Pele

18. Jake Averillo

Want to replace Flanagan also but didn't want to make too many changes to the right edge at the same time for defensive purposes.

Reactions: CCC

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we play another 60 minute game, we’ll lose by 4 tries. Warriors at Mt. Smart will be lethal if we fall asleep