Official Round 4 Vs Warrior

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I seen us make a dominate tackle and the ref is calling for our player to release the warrior as we put him on the ground. There seems to so much ref interference around our ruck whereas opposition are afforded alot of latitude.
Maybe. I think we just make things too obvious at times. We start well with the wrestle and then slowly get worse as the game goes on and things become obvious.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s them vs us mentality, the players need to recognise every time they go out on the field it’s them vs everyone on the pitch including the refs.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It looked like chalk and cheese in real time
It's only an average, we could've consistently had an average ptb speed while the warriors fluctuated between quick and slow and the rate balanced out. Warriors also attacked our line a lot compared to us and you usually have a slower ptb speed when doing that.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has mentioned. At the end when attacking the line, we received a six again. I thought the NRL bought in the ref can penalise depending on the game situation, seem to recall a game last year (I think Raiders V Dragons) where the dragons just kept giving away 6 agains because they knew they wouldn’t get penalised (they were up by 1 or 2 points). I thought after that the NRL came out saying game situations can allow the ref to penalise. So why didn’t we receive a penalty giving us a chance to tie the game?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Massive opportunity missed today..
We could have been in 5th position on the ladder..
Instead we are relegated down to 10th..
The missed opportunity is amplified even more with what’s ahead next round..
We have the Cows at Accor with numerous players missing..
No Nanai..unless he fights and wins
No Tualagi
No Drinkwater
That’s a winnable game at home..
We could’ve been 4-1
Instead we fight to be 3-2
Let’s be honest though..wouldn’t most of us taken a 3-2 start after 5 rounds?
Lets make it happen boys ⚪
I was worried we would be 0-5 and lucky to beat tigers to be 1-4 tbh

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was mentally prepared to be 0-5, potentially 0–10. If were 3-2 that’s a pass for mine tbh. Even Souths the week after could be a winnable game with their injuries also. If only we could get TPJ back early. We need him, inconsistent or not we just need a big **** off the bench.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
our bench rotation is pretty poor though that's 2 weeks in a row we've only played with 16 players
Where were the fresh legs in that Bell clanger, Pele needs big minutes to develop.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has mentioned. At the end when attacking the line, we received a six again. I thought the NRL bought in the ref can penalise depending on the game situation, seem to recall a game last year (I think Raiders V Dragons) where the dragons just kept giving away 6 agains because they knew they wouldn’t get penalised (they were up by 1 or 2 points). I thought after that the NRL came out saying game situations can allow the ref to penalise. So why didn’t we receive a penalty giving us a chance to tie the game?
Great point! As Baz once said, it was like we were not supposed to win!

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sound like a broken Record.... BUT

FORWARDS WIN MATCHES, THE BACKS DECIDE BY HOW MANY!!!

Yesterdays Forwards Run Meters
Max King 122m.
RFM 88m
Sutton 76m
Preston 70m
Waddell 59m
Kikau 57m
Brown 39m (but injured)
Okunbor 33m
Mahoney 29m
Tanner 0m (but zero minutes)

Our Forwards Total Running Meters = 572

Warriors had 3 Forwards with over 100 running meters
Warriors Forwards Total Running Metres = 690 (and Harris was limited with only 11 running meters)

OUR MIDDLES ARE OUR BIGGEST ISSUE and until we fix this nothing will change.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually did see in one of the games on the weekend when the ref did blow a penalty. I cant remember the game but I remember the infringement happening about 15 seconds before half time so he blew the penalty and the team kicked the goal.

To me that says that the ref will blow a penalty if the team doesnt have time for another full set of 6

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I actually did see in one of the games on the weekend when the ref did blow a penalty. I cant remember the game but I remember the infringement happening about 15 seconds before half time so he blew the penalty and the team kicked the goal.

To me that says that the ref will blow a penalty if the team doesnt have time for another full set of 6
It's stupid that the attacking team can't decline a set restart in the first place. If a six again is blown the attacking team should be able to decline it and opt for a shot at goal instead. The rules are so broken in the NRL.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's stupid that the attacking team can't decline a set restart in the first place. If a six again is blown the attacking team should be able to decline it and opt for a shot at goal instead. The rules are so broken in the NRL.
been saying the same thing when then introduced the six again rubbish. most teams would rather the 2 points if its a close particularly in the last 5 to 10 minutes of the game