Official Round 4 Vs Warrior

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think using 16 is really an issue, other teams do it at times and even when they don't the 4th player barely gets a run. It was more an issue today considering we lost Brown.
the injury came at the wrong time straight after half time which wasted one our interchanges

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sutto shouldve taken a dive after being hit high right under the stix to level us up with 5 to go.
The ref would have straight up ignored it. If they couldn't even see a blatant obstruction, what makes you think they would have given us a penalty to even things up?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The ref would have straight up ignored it. If they couldn't even see a blatant obstruction, what makes you think they would have given us a penalty to even things up?
Very true... we were never meant to win that game... Same as the manly game, every blatant call went totally against us.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He is just a tough honorable ***** and probably didnt even feel it.
True..but...we have to make it so obvious that refs simply cant ignore it no matter what.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Very true... we were never meant to win that game... Same as the manly game, every blatant call went totally against us.
Stage was set up for Souths to win for Satts also.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It seems that the decision to award the match winning try was based on the opinion of the officials that Reed Mahoney was not close enough to have prevented it. I don't see why that should make a scrap of difference. Reed was the victim of foul play while the ball was in play, and the correct response - the only response - was to blow the whistle and penalize the offender. This happens automatically at every other stage of a game, why should it be different if the offender's team mate is about to score?

It you get a free pass for foul play while your colleague is in the act of scoring, then, when the Fox scored his runaway try, the other Dogs players could all have turned to their nearest opponents and laid the smackdown on them (I would pay to see that!). Turn about is fair play. None of them were going to catch the Fox. "Don't be ridiculous" you say - but it is the same thing!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I just don’t get it. Was it a mirage? Was it only us who saw it. Even Mahoney didn’t say anything. Was it a script?
I don't think Mahoney had the energy to argue after being bumped off in defence for the 20th time in the game.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dogs apparently the only team in the comp to not score points in the last 20 minutes of games so far this season. Say this after every game but the Dogs just appear physically weaker and less aerobically fit than other NRL sides.
Or it may have something to do with repeated 6 agains and penalties against us? Just spitballing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Or it may have something to do with repeated 6 agains and penalties against us? Just spitballing.
I'm leaning towards our non existent game management and lack of middle options.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards our non existent game management and lack of middle options.
I seen us make a dominate tackle and the ref is calling for our player to release the warrior as we put him on the ground. There seems to be so much ref interference around our ruck whereas opposition are afforded alot of latitude.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
All this doesn't change the fact that Australia has 50 million kangaroos and New Zealand has a population of 5 million . If we invade New Zealand they would have to fight 10 kangaroos per person