Round 4 - Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/03/30/bulldogs-press-conference---round-4/

WOW Dean Pay is NOT happy with the refs.

- Criticised them for not letting Jackson get back onside. Even Jackson had a crack about it.
- Criticised them for being inconsistent with the play the ball penalties.
- Questioned that at 14-4 penalty count "we can't be that bad, or they can't be that good" (twice).
- Ripped in pretty hard but acknowledged we need to be better and could have won the game "despite everything against us".

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score

- Criticised them for not letting Jackson get back onside. Even Jackson had a crack about it.
- Questioned that at 14-4 penalty count "we can't be that bad, or they can't be that good" (twice).
- Ripped in pretty hard but acknowledged we need to be better and could have won the game "despite everything against us".
That's 10k these days isn't it....dare to question the Nazi's......

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
players are getting increasingly frustrated at refs and they will blow up

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair enough the referee was shit.

Will the NRL take notice or do anything about it? No.

Reactions: DT

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just proves the conspiracy against us

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still need to fix up all our errors..

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

He said we cant be that bad and then be that good , meaning 1 penalty in the 2nd half

He certainly has a point

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I loved pays emotion in the box after 2nd Morris try as well as the drop balls.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club needs to tell Pay they'll willingly fork out for any fines he cops for criticizing the refs. The worst thing the NRL has done is tried to mute club staff and players from passing comment about poor refereeing. Refereeing standards are nothing short of disgraceful and the NRL think they can blind the fans to this by silencing players and coaches through fines and suspensions.

He's right to question all that, but also good of him to not completely dismiss the fact that we did have a few opportunities to win that we missed or messed up.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His starting to grow on me... round 1 and 2 I wanted his head but I’m starting to see good signs.... I also loved his passion when we scored which we haven’t seen in a coach in a long time.... I’m willing to give him 1-2 years and rebuild and see what his capable of, at the end of the day he inherited this team now it’s time to see what he can do.

I agree with everything he said it’s exactly what us fans are thinking also... how can we possibly be so bad in the first half and then so good in the second... it’s all bullshit and if it’s not clear that refs are corrupt then don’t know what is

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
His starting to grow on me... round 1 and 2 I wanted his head but I’m starting to see good signs.... I also loved his passion when we scored which we haven’t seen in a coach in a long time.... I’m willing to give him 1-2 years and rebuild and see what his capable of, at the end of the day he inherited this team now it’s time to see what he can do.

I agree with everything he said it’s exactly what us fans are thinking also... how can we possibly be so bad in the first half and then so good in the second... it’s all bullshit and if it’s not clear that refs are corrupt then don’t know what is
Yeah let's face it. 2018 is a whatever year. 2019 he will hopefully have a couple mil for and be able to start making the team his so based on that I will make a final assessment at the end of the 2020 season. From what I can see we will need to buy 4 forwards and 2-3 backs plus a 7 if these youngsters or Cogger don't fill the gap. We are half a team away from a consistent Top 4 team.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's not just the Dogs under fire. Every gave this year has seen the refs penalise only one side for infringements on their line. The lopsided penalty count can't possibly be a correct indication that half of the teams are perfect on their line, and the other half repeat offenders. I watched the Bunnies do exactly what the Dogs were doing, and it was tolerated - especially in the play the ball. Tolman at least tried to contact the ball with his foot, but Bunnies players just rolled it back with their hands for quick play the balls on our line, and we were penalised for moving up too soon. Go figure.

I predict the NRL will quietly inform the refs to stop the penalties because the intent was to speed up the game, and they're achieving the exact opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.