Official Round 4 - Dogs vs Storm - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree that leg twist on meaney was a cheap shot should off been penalised good way to end a players season the dirt bag
All I heard on the radio today was that if Meaney had been severely hurt then Vunivalu would have been facing a harsher punishment...that should not matter, the thing that should be taken into account is that it is not the first time that he has done it nor his team mates....it is a commonplace thing with the Storm...

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's true, but we're talking about a team with not even 50 games between their spine and one of its best players injured... They have a bit to think about if they are going to challenge the likes of the Rorters
Don’t get me wrong we played well. Storm looked ultra flat it is tough to stay up week after week. Storm were still good enough to win while they weren’t at their best.

I have confidence in our side reaching that level in a few years time

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong we played well. Storm looked ultra flat it is tough to stay up week after week. Storm were still good enough to win while they weren’t at their best.

I have confidence in our side reaching that level in a few years time
Yea they were, but partly due to the fact that we wore them down and we really went after the Cam's, who do just about all the creative work for them

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs position in power ranking after r4

Foxsports
8. BULLDOGS (ladder position 14th)

After consecutive drubbings at the hands of the Warriors (6-40) and the Eels (16-36) to open the season, the wooden spoon looked a formality for the Bulldogs.

However a stirring 22-8 victory over the Tigers and a narrow 16-18 loss to the ladder leading Storm, in a game they should have won has the NRL taking Dean Pay’s side seriously once again.

Nrl.com (milkman soward)
13. Canterbury Bulldogs (14)
They were outstanding against Melbourne and I nearly ranked them higher. Loved their effort and attitude. The big question that I can't get past when I watch the Bulldogs is why didn't they start the year with this team?

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was very impressed by our boys. We had no right to be so close with the benchmark team. We didn't play exceptionally well, it wasn't a once a year performance, we made errors, but we did lots of good things.

We can produce that performance week in week out and beat and compete all the teams in the competition. For such a young side that is the best possible result you could hope for from that sort of team. I'm very proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.