Official Round 4 - Dogs vs Storm - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You can beat the 13 players on the field, but you can never beat the refs.

Okunbor needs to work on his footwork when he’s in the open, he always heads straight for the fullback and I reckon if he had a step we score of at least one of those breaks he made
Steps and covers about 3m in the process :D

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This game reminded me of a 2004 game against Penrith we didn’t win but we went hammer and tong at them and played really well. I’m not saying we will go on to win the comp, far from it but it did give that team a massive confidence boost and the went on a win streak.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we had RFM for Lichit today, I'm prepared to say we would of held on to our lead. The boys were running on empty and Lichit didn't help at all.
Sorry bro, I dont agree. If you watched the Canterbury Cup, you would drop him to Berala Bears.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sorry bro, I dont agree. If you watched the Canterbury Cup, you would drop him to Berala Bears.
Lol that bad?

I just think lichit is the biggest waste of space and could of used a big body, especially today.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else notice where our last try was scored and where the kick was taken from? Had to be two metres too far towards the sideline WTF

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We can pick bits and pieces that can be done to be better. Storm had the whistle to score some of those tries we Didnt. Ours were scored on our own effort and credit to the boys. But i was on the edge of my lounge chair again and just loved the way they played. Their getting their mongrel the boys and i cant wait till next week.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Holland should take those pressure kicks from that side , great debut from Cogger.
Now we are competitive we should start winning a few.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Okunbor needs to work on his footwork when he’s in the open, he always heads straight for the fullback and I reckon if he had a step we score of at least one of those breaks he made
Meany should of been with him

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay looked pissed in the presser

Whilst proud of the side he dropped dig at refs saying we got no 5050 calls

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully renouf back next week but ogden should start over napa next week but i bet pay picks sue

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No it wasn't... Same thing happened to Okunbor in the second half (tackled before he took a high ball - which he dropped and they scored off) and nothing became of it.

You can't penalise one incident of tackled without suspicion and not another.

When players are contesting the ball there is an allowance for a player to be tackled as he receives the ball.
I agree. In real time it was basically simultaneous. Smith hit him as the ball touched chambers arm. When you slow it down Smith was only a millimeter too early to make contact. It was a harsh call. Technically yeh maybe a penalty try but IMO it’s nitpicking. This is where the refs shit me, they nitpick somethings and let other more obvious things go.

In saying that Smith should of just gone for the ball and punched it dead

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sue will get recalled no doubt by Pay given he’s been in the 19 last two weeks and is in the leadership group

Status
Not open for further replies.