Official Round 3 v Manly Match Discussion

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
While the focus from all will be on Okunbor, and rightly so, this will be won through the middle. I think we have the edge over the Manly forward pack. We just need to keep punching through the middle, late in the first half and second half it should open up through the middle for Dufty, Burton and JAC.

I am tipping a huge game from TPJ. Dogs by 16.
All the Turtle Wax bottles should be empty this week at BSG for that to happen

Last edited:

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not in the current game where the officials seem to decide matches.
Bulldogs need to "recruit" better referees
This is a losers mentality, if the coach blames the refs the players will use it as an excuse. We had enough ball to win the game in the first half and we blew a chance at the end when Naden didn’t pass. When you are are good enough to win you take the refs out of the game.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
This is a losers mentality, if the coach blames the refs the players will use it as an excuse. We had enough ball to win the game in the first half and we blew a chance at the end when Naden didn’t pass. When you are are good enough to win you take the refs out of the game.
I wasn't really commenting on whether they cost us that match. More a reply to the comment about ref's. I dunno if the bad ref decision cost us the match, but it certainly didn't help

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s a lot better than what he showed last year, I think he only had 6 games with us last year,
He’s a genuine hb and he’s got plenty potential but I think it’s all mental for him
He is a whinger.......obviously has had his way for so long doesnt like taking direction or critisim from the coach.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at Manly’s forward park wow could be the weakest in the NRL. Keepie starting, Paseeka on the bench, who looks pretty unfit, and Taupau. 2 second rowers on the bench one that only ways 94 kg according to the website. Jake and olakawatu are good but Jake plays that stupid ball playing style. Our forwards should dominate. So if we control the ball we should dominate field position. Just got to ice those chances . Ref as always will give about 5 or 6 bullshit penalties in the first half. If we can keep close at half time should be able to run over them. Yes Manly have some stars but their depth and forwards are looking really weak.
If we get beaten what does that say about us......

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
ok who started the wakeham in (avo out) schoup in (okunbor out) rumour....starting to circle in supercoach world...from non dogs fans lol

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is a whinger.......obviously has had his way for so long doesnt like taking direction or critisim from the coach.
And further to that he probably has has run ins with Morris, Robinson and now Barrett what do you expect coaches to do.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably....and also wing...we all can see it, and I know Baz needs stability but shouldnt be at the expense of loss after loss. Hope it doesnt happen however I think it will ..sounds pez but history shows.....

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not in the current game where the officials seem to decide matches.
True they have alot more say in the result, but if we dominate then it takes the ref out of the equation.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True they have alot more say in the result, but if we dominate then it takes the ref out of the equation.
What do they do when the forwards get to the opponents 20m line. The bomb is to predictable from our halves.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can we move on from this boring narrative for the time being? He was fine against nqld and was only partially responsible for the first farnsworth try. The other two he was caught in bad positions because the men inside didn't number up correctly
Exactly. TK has it in for him. The poor f#ck couldn't get a compliment if he scored 3 solo tries.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If you think back to the last time we played, we fielded a shit team and yet still stuck with them more than competitive for 55min
If the ref didn't gift Tommy T his try when he was struggling to put the ball down after an incredible Hethero effort to hold him up, I'm confident we win that game.

Dogs 13+ to shit on their 'new stadium'. Even if they burned the old stadium down to the Earth's crust, salted the Earth, and rebuilt, it would still be the biggest shit stain in the league. Fuck Manly.