Official Round 3 v Manly Match Discussion

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our forwards should lay the platform for a win. If both sets of fwds continue their form we should sh1t all over them in the forwards
Okunbor is obviously the weak link but Harper for manly is in the same boat to China, they may rule each others mistakes out of the game.

Despite Avo, our halves should also gain the advantage due to our forwards dominance and the fact that DCE is in headless chook mode and Foran is well uhm fk it old. Burton should win the battle of the halves.

Saab is quick but so is JAC but Jac has more experience, more wit more game awareness and better in defence.

That just leaves one Turbo, of which I have 3 letters and 1 word TPJ thunderdome of a nice high kick.

I'm having a 50 on us at 4to 1, if we lose, Barrett has to go, sack the shit. If we win he stays another week and will buy him a softdrink from my winnings

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Both our edges are poor in defence, difference is one side has JAC covering everyone while the other has Okunbor just contributing to the chaos. Okunbor is a must change though, he has to go. You cant turn you back on the defence and fucking jog backwards for two consecutive weeks and retain your position.
I had to rub my eyes in shock when I saw him running backwards like a headless chook. Fk me

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Both our edges are poor in defence, difference is one side has JAC covering everyone while the other has Okunbor just contributing to the chaos. Okunbor is a must change though, he has to go. You cant turn you back on the defence and fucking jog backwards for two consecutive weeks and retain your position.
Evidently you can. #letsgallop

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
How lucky are we getting “Home Ground Ben” when we are the away team. About time we had him in a home game. We won the penalty count under Ziggy last week, and his reward is to be relegated to touch judge in our game this week.

Very suspicious.
These are not the drones we are looking for....your free to go on your way....to become cannon fodder for Manly first win of the season opening their new look home ground.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
One thing I want to mention is about JAC. Okunbor rightly gets criticised for coming in of his wing when he doesn’t need to.

JAC at times does the same thing.

Remember the GF qualifier last year, when Crichton easily scored Penrith‘s first try, from a kick, with JAC well infield and out of position. i have picked up that a few times in the first two gsmes, he is coming in when not needed. Old habits might die hard.
But when JAC jams in he commits to his decision. Okunbur gets stuck in no man's land

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Looking at Manlys line up we look like we can win this.

Brisbane look stronger on paper than Manly, and Manly are playing terribly atm.

I really want us to win this, I don’t like Des
Manlys middle third are weak. We can dominate them if we are switched on imo

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Last year we played them with the worst dogs team since 1935

This year will be different

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy for him to be dropped when he comes up with shit reads but I don't think what happened on weekend was as much his fault. If anything two tries were more on burns
If he was any sort of a first grader when the ball he leaped for rolled into the Broncos goal he would have been all over it like treacle on pudding, but the big lunk just stood there gawking at it roll away. He does not have any football smarts what-so-ever.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he was any sort of a first grader when the ball he leaped for rolled into the Broncos goal he would have been all over it like treacle on pudding, but the big lunk just stood there gawking at it roll away. He does not have any football smarts what-so-ever.
I'd have to watch it again, but on first view, I didn't think to point the finger at JOK for the spilt ball. I think you may be harsh. It's the inside centre and guys in the middle that should have pounced. Burns amd Dufty realistically...

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd have to watch it again, but on first view, I didn't think to point the finger at JOK for the spilt ball. I think you may be harsh. It's the inside centre and guys in the middle that should have pounced. Burns amd Dufty realistically...
Okonbor contested the ball but when it dribbles in goal we should’ve had guys pushing up on that play to pounce but we were gassed and it was only broncos jerseys in the frame.

(I rewatched the game last night )