Round 3 team vs panthers (opinion not official)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye
Morris
Morris
Hopoate
Montoya
Frawley
Foran
Woods
Lichaa
Klemmer
Martin
RFM
Jackson

Fualalo
Tualau
Ogden/Toomaga/Okunbur/Fine
Brown/Lewis

Last edited:

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mbye
Bmoz
Jmoz
Hoppa
Montoya
Brown
Foran
Woods
Lichaa
Tualau
Rfm
Martin
Jackson

Klemmer
To omaga
Okunbor
Lewis

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I just don't get all this JMoz to back rower stuff. The backrower defends at 3 and the centre at 4 so that at worst means he might tackle a couple of other backrowers instead of centres and that would be a stretch. given he is left edge that means RFM would have to move unless you want him to go on the right where he has played at centre and been a lot less effective. JMoz isn't the problem, nor is the centre position on the right. I put the stats out that show both him and Hoppa are very effective as centres. Why in hell would we want to further weaken a position for no net gain. You want a backrower then bring one up that has played there all their career. Don't tell a bloke who has never done it to just jump in and have a go. Our problem is the lack of potency by both our wingers on kick returns and getting out of the red zone.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try Tolman at lock Tulau, Ogden, Fine, JMK bench

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I watched NSW Cup on the weekend and did not see anything from Lewis which indicated he would be anywhere near ready for first grade. Brown looked good and controlled things well. I would drop Frawley. He cannot defend at first grade standard and his attacking ability does not compensate for this. The two changes i would make are brown at five eighth and Tualau for Tolman on the bench. How Tualau is not in the team is puzzling, we need impact off the bench.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All I’m going to say is if the line up remains unchanged, I’m going to projectile vomit everywhere.

It’s going to remind me of “thy name though shall not speak of” brrrrrrr-has-rrrrr-l-errrrr!!!!!

It rewards mediocrity.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
All I’m going to say is if the line up remains unchanged, I’m going to projectile vomit everywhere.

It’s going to remind me of “thy name though shall not speak of” brrrrrrr-has-rrrrr-l-errrrr!!!!!

It rewards mediocrity.
Yes but Pay has the same problem that hasler had and that is a lack of quality stock pushing the FG squad. Of course the big difference is Hasler recruited them and Pay is stuck with but it is still the same problem. You see blokes like Eastwood go back to the reggies and be a standout yet not fit enough for FG gives you some sort of idea of the gap in class between the two comps. The Tualau of last year has gone missing from what I have seen of them this year. Much will depend on what Pay does with the forwards this week. If he moves JJ then we need a right backrower. Will be interesting because Elliott plays left as far as I recall.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Id look at offloading the morris boys asap and bring in barba and another outside back with pace. Id offload hoppa too but no one would take him fk cant believe we resigned him

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just keep the same starting 13 as rd1 but fix the bench.

Lichaa can play 80. My bench would be Tolman Fine Taulau Renouf.
I don't understand why you would want Tolman in 17

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mbye
Bmoz
Jmoz
Hoppa
Montoya
Foran
Lewis
Woods
Lichaa
Klem
RFM
Jackson
Tolman

Fualalo
Tualau
Fine
To'maga

By rnd 10 if were no chance of making 8

Mbye
Bergamin / bmoz "injured"
Olive to see if he can cut it, of not go hard at someone's centre or cut a deal with sharks for Holmes and transform into centre.
Jmoz next yr Marsters hopefully
Montoya
Foran
Lewis
Woods
Lichaa
Klem
RFM
Hoppa
Jacko

Tualau
Fualalo
Okunbor
To'omaga
Elliot

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time to experiment,fualalo,offers nothing defence terrible,Marcelo Montoya,has had 4 tries scored on his side,hasn’t lived up to his hype,Frawley,been there done that,give Lewis a go,Rhys Martin has been playing well good defense,good goal kicker,and cerruto has been playing really well,the options are there

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes but Pay has the same problem that hasler had and that is a lack of quality stock pushing the FG squad. Of course the big difference is Hasler recruited them and Pay is stuck with but it is still the same problem. You see blokes like Eastwood go back to the reggies and be a standout yet not fit enough for FG gives you some sort of idea of the gap in class between the two comps. The Tualau of last year has gone missing from what I have seen of them this year. Much will depend on what Pay does with the forwards this week. If he moves JJ then we need a right backrower. Will be interesting because Elliott plays left as far as I recall.
We saw our NSW cup team comfortably beat full strength Panthers a few weeks back, there has to be a couple of guys that deserve a crack or at the very least, can improve our bench strength, surely?

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My opinion is if Des was coach our lineup would be

Hoppa
Bmoz
Jmoz
Holland
Montoya
Mbye
Foran
Woods
Brown
Tolman
Eastwood
Jackson
Klemmer

RFM
Fualalo
Elliott
Tualau

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
01. Mbye
02. Morris
03. Olive
04. Morris
05. Hoppoate
06. Lewis
07. Foran
08. Woods
09. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. Martin
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. Fualalo
15. Tualau
16. Fine
17. Brown

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We saw our NSW cup team comfortably beat full strength Panthers a few weeks back, there has to be a couple of guys that deserve a crack or at the very least, can improve our bench strength, surely?
Lets not get over excited about a pointless trial game that meant nothing. What you saw from the panthers in that trial game is very different to what we will see this weekend.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The high ball on the last is not the best option and we proved we can launch attacking raids within our own half so there's two things to work on.
Give Cleeland a shot while its early.

Last edited:

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
And the same panthers came out and won two on the trot after giving a start and our reggies got hammered in their first game. Yes they played well this weekend but Eastwood was one of their best and he wasn't doing anything different to what he did in FG last week. There is just such a big gap between the grades. Unless we have injuries, we need to bring blokes up via the bench to get them to acclimatise. That means the next half at this stage will be JMK all things being equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.