Round 3 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's almost unfair watching this, I'm scared to imagine what it's going to be like for us playing in Melbourne next week.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Parramatta look the most improved of the bottom teams. Top 3 looks set already - Storm, Souffs & Roosters. 4th maybe Sharks or Brisbane.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's almost unfair watching this, I'm scared to imagine what it's going to be like for us playing in Melbourne next week.
Fuck that lol...

Mind you we are storms bogey team!!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wonder how long it will take for Gus to sack Ivan again :D
Their roster is pretty average when you think about it.

Maloney well passed his best now a defensive liability. Inexperienced dummy half, overrated halfback. Edwards at fullback speed but nothing else. James Woods aka James Tamou in the pack.

An overrated coach who signed up our dud players on big money then jumped ship.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Their roster is pretty average when you think about it.

Maloney well passed his best now a defensive liability. Inexperienced dummy half, overrated halfback. Edwards at fullback speed but nothing else. James Woods aka James Tamou in the pack.

An overrated coach who got shut down in a grand final.
Agreed, and I can't believe that some had them as premiers. I didn't even have them in my top 8

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The scary thing for Penrith... And for us next week, is that Melbourne were far from their best tonight, but just owned every part of the game, Panthers were never in it

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done Penwith. That two points you scored may prove the difference between 10th and 11th spot at the end of the season.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They should just call the regular season off and let Sharks Souths Roosters and Storm fight it out for the premiership

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This comp is so hard to pick this year. Teams fire for first few weeks then flop.

Injuries starting to hit teams too which will shake it up even more.

Only us and Titans without a win now.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dezzy is onto something, supporting the ball runner works.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
May god help us and give me strength for the shalaking we will be getting playing Melbourne lol... it’s gona be ugly

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some teams are really struggling with the changes in the game and I reckon we will be seeing these big score lines all season

I just find it funny that the changes relating to ' flow of the game' are not really hurting the powerhouse sides. The referees are now the ones who are influencing the stoppages in the game. We have a shot clock for just about everything but the officials are continually going upstairs to the video ref for clarification wasting more time than ever. Players have been told to speed it up and the refs are doing the opposite ALSO what is the go with the shot clocks. So many times this year the buzzer has gone and no penalties.....

There is a definite gap already in quality between sides yet we continually get the line of ' the most equal competition in years"

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Cleary circus is in full swing
Hubby made the comment about Gould and his previous moving on of Cleary. How ironic it would be if the poaching of Cleary from the Tigers turns out to be a big fail.......Cleary junior has shown once again that as a half he has difficulty controlling the game....for all the massive wraps he has on himself he is not fulfilling the role to the level that many of the experts think he can...

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hubby made the comment about Gould and his previous moving on of Cleary. How ironic it would be if the poaching of Cleary from the Tigers turns out to be a big fail.......Cleary junior has shown once again that as a half he has difficulty controlling the game....for all the massive wraps he has on himself he is not fulfilling the role to the level that many of the experts think he can...
In this era of league, these young players qucikly read shit about themselves and believe it. Nothing is concrete till your out on the field provin yourself. People rate ponga and I see him being a good player but can’t see him dominating like a slater/Thurston.... again Cleary junior is a good player but he still has a lot to learn and prove before the kid can be called great.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
FMD so it looks like grub Smith is going to break Hazem's record next week against the Dogs. ☹
Yes and aren't the commentators waxing lyrical about it. Hazem though did it quicker and was not a kicker for all of his NRL career (no goals 96, 97,98 and 2000 according to the website link below) . It would be interesting to see how many penalty goals are included in Smiths total compared to Haz. It used to be that we could rely on a six point score every time Haz took a conversion...

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/hazem-el-masri/summary.html

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/cameron-smith/summary.html